2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they sending emails all at same time or what time did you get the waitlist -> acceptance email?

Members don't see this ad.

wow that’s fast to get off the waitlist congrats!!! did you send any updates or LOI?
Thank you!!! No updates or LOI. I was absolutely shocked when I received the email, I didn’t expect to hear anything until March/April!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1707007653303.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone get the FMLP & HESJLP email? still on the waitlist right now so idk how i would apply

btw, ig this waitlist movement isn't that strange cause like 2020-2021 cycle they had high priority waitlist movement beginning of February, so this might be their unofficial HPWL

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II just now. I am shooooook.

2/21 was only available date.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone get accepted with ~LM 65 and a lot of volunteering and clinical experience and slightly above average research?

Anyone get accepted with ~LM 65 and a lot of volunteering and clinical experience and slightly above average research?
I was just accepted with LM 62.5. I had ~1500 volunteer hours, ~4500 research hours, and ~3400 clinical.

Reactions: 1 users
LM 67.7 …
Hospital Volunteer: 200 hours
Research: 150 hours
Paid clinical: 1800 hours
Non clinical volunteer: 275 hours

LM 67.7 …
Hospital Volunteer: 200 hours
Research: 150 hours
Paid clinical: 1800 hours
Non clinical volunteer: 275 hours
I have not received an II yet but I think this comparison is just interesting and shows this process is not straightforward
LM 74.4
Hospital Volunteer: 850 hours
Research: 300 hours
Paid Clinical: 1020 hours
Non clinical volunteer: 500 hours
Strong narrative towards working with underserved populations, which I figured Rush would appreciate

I have not received an II yet but I think this comparison is just interesting and shows this process is not straightforward
LM 74.4
Strong narrative towards working with underserved populations, which I figured Rush would appreciate
Definitely not straight forward at all! Not sure if I had a personal narrative … did kinda get grilled on some application answers and essays by admin so maybe my writing was interesting?

LM 74.4

Fairly similar application to you and also not a peep from Rush, super frustrating I thought at least an interview would come through

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received additional word on the First-Look Event in April? I’ve only received an email with a “save the date” poster card of the event but no link to RSVP.

Reactions: 5 users
Do you know about the waitlist and what the turnover is like generally?
I don’t know much, but I will say about half of the people who interview end up matriculating. They are pretty tight lipped about the actual waitlist though

just wanted to throw this out here but if anybody is deciding between Rush or UICOM, please pm me!

how do we decline an interview? I'd rather give my spot up for someone else

OOS A, but I'll be attending an in-state so praying my A goes to one of you beautiful lucky people! :)

Reactions: 4 users
I just declined my II (I'm OOS). I hope this will open a door for one of you amazing applicants!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Is there any places people talk about rush, their experiences, what they’ve heard about it, or anything like that! I feel like being from LA and not knowing the area of school to much it’s hard to find people’s perspectives

Is there any places people talk about rush, their experiences, what they’ve heard about it, or anything like that! I feel like being from LA and not knowing the area of school to much it’s hard to find people’s perspectives
I lived in Chicago and am currently staying here waiting on decisions and I will tell you that my friend from LA loves it here; obviously it’ll be colder than u can imagine at times but if I got in here I’d go hands down the area is solid.

Hi! OOS II today. I was not expecting it at all. My interview is on the 21st. Does anyone have any advise?

Reactions: 2 users
I’m a current M1 at Rush and am happy to answer any questions you have!