2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe so because I don’t see an interview slot after 3/13 and that slot is full
I don't want to provide false hope, but when I went to schedule my interview several weeks ago the last available date was 3/6, then they added the 3/13 after that. I know they are very close to the end though if they aren't there already.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe there’s a diversity dinner the night before for some students my bad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on Feb 21st and we are supposed to find out around this Friday. In the interview they said that their goal is to recruit up to 144 to fill their class. I think once they reach that number it will be WL until around May bc of CYMS deadline. Does anyone know the number they are at now? Facebook shows 136 if you subtract the moderators but not everyone joins the FB group. I am probably over thinking this 😅

I interviewed on Feb 21st and we are supposed to find out around this Friday. In the interview they said that their goal is to recruit up to 144 to fill their class. I think once they reach that number it will be WL until around May bc of CYMS deadline. Does anyone know the number they are at now? Facebook shows 136 if you subtract the moderators but not everyone joins the FB group. I am probably over thinking this 😅
med schools usually over accept because they know people will weigh decisions and choose other places potentially. Plus, it's hard to judge the actual amount right now because only the admissions team would know that.

So they're definitely taking people off the waitlist eventually right? I'm assuming most movement happens after CYMS and theres already been a chunk of people who got off
They already took people off the waitlist end of January I believe

Oh okay gotcha im just saying that’s maybe a sign there’s more WL offers to come
oh sorry bro my bad I somehow didn't read the last part of your statement. Yea they said they're actively meeting now so let's hope and see!

Members don't see this ad :)
So they're definitely taking people off the waitlist eventually right? I'm assuming most movement happens after CYMS and theres already been a chunk of people who got off
I think so! One of the M1s I talked to said that over 30% of their class came from the waitlist.

Do they accept off the waitlist on Fridays as well?

OOS A!!! 😭😭🙏🏽. Literally thought I blew this interview. Interviewed 2/21

• Love
Does getting the email for first offer for only accepted students. I was waitlisted but received an offer to attend first watch.

Waitlisted and accepted get it

Wonder why I didn’t the get the R. Guess I’ll get it Monday.

• Wow
are we supposed to get a confirmation after signing up for first look day?

Can anyone who interviewed give me a vibe check of the interviewers? Was it a friendly/enjoyable experience or are you up against cold stoics

Are first looks worth it if you are on the waitlist? OOS

They said they 100% consider attendance at all the town halls and first look when deciding who will come off the waitlist

They said they 100% consider attendance at all the town halls and first look when deciding who will come off the waitlist
ngl I thought they said those were just for our knowledge, not admission considerations...

My open file interview was with an IM doc and it was conversational. He just asked about my experiences and we talked about Chicago and fun things to do there. My closed file interview was with a student and a faculty. I was asked questions about what type of program I would start at rush for the community, how would I find the need for that program, and what was the biggest problem facing healthcare right now. Neither interviews were too hard, and both were really conversationa
Not only are you disseminating confidential interview questions, but you also shared identifying information (interviewed by an IM doc). Please refrain from doing so 😭😭.

Just did my interview today and they said it was the last interview of the cycle