2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do people wear business professional for the first look event?

I emailed them about the dress code and they said business casual

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all. I'm applying to the upcoming 2024-2025 cycle and I was wondering if someone could answer a question about admission requirements. I've taken two quarters of english composition a long time ago. I've taken one full year of biology, two quarters of biochemistry, two quarters of A&P, one year of OCHEM, one year of physics, one year of gen chem. I noticed an earlier poster state that a semester of genetics was required and two semesters of english were required. I'm not sure if I meet the requirements for genetics and english, could someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all. I'm applying to the upcoming 2024-2025 cycle and I was wondering if someone could answer a question about admission requirements. I've taken two quarters of english composition a long time ago. I've taken one full year of biology, two quarters of biochemistry, two quarters of A&P, one year of OCHEM, one year of physics, one year of gen chem. I noticed an earlier poster state that a semester of genetics was required and two semesters of english were required. I'm not sure if I meet the requirements for genetics and english, could someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.
I think this is a little hard because currently they don’t have requirements… or as far as I know… maybe I’m wrong someone enlighten me lmao… but it says that starting for incoming class of 2025 which would be you there is some prereqs… so idk if a lot of people know about what is and isn’t taken

Has anyone heard back regarding the student host program? I’m not sure if i should bank on rooming with a student or just make my own hotel plans.

Interviewed 11/15 and WL in December. Received A on 03/15! For assistance for other WL applicants on what I did, I signed up pretty much for every town hall available. I was never able to attend any of them because of work and other responsibilities but I tried. I did accept like minutes from receiving the offer to visit the school in April. I live in the west coast and Rush is a college I could very much see my attending. My fiancé was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, so it wouldn’t be something extremely new for us. For speculation I feel signing up for the tour might have solidified my acceptance. I have very much heard that Rush is a school that wants WLs applicants to show them they want to go to their school. I feel it would be beneficial to apply to one of the programs, send a letter of intent (I had pre written one but had not sent it yet), and attend the weekend tour in April to help your chances. Hope this helps anyone!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Post II R OOS! Honestly expected it bc I hated my interview experience here. The 2 on 1 felt like a bullying session where they repeatedly asked me what I as an FGLI student would do to “get more poor people into medicine” and how I planned to increase “poor representation” lol. Peace out y’all :,)

Post II R OOS! Honestly expected it bc I hated my interview experience here. The 2 on 1 felt like a bullying session where they repeatedly asked me what I as an FGLI student would do to “get more poor people into medicine” and how I planned to increase “poor representation” lol. Peace out y’all :,)

When did u interview

Are any other waitlisted students attending the first-look event?

Sorry that the session devolved into that. But on the bright side, you got some sick As to pick from doc!

Any accepted students still not receive any info on first-look event? Will we get an email to RSVP?

Anyone else who interviewed 3/6 not receive a decision yet? No email and nothing in my portal

Anyone know when second look is? They haven’t told me yet and I need plane tix

Do any current students have experience with negotiating a scholarship?