2023-2024 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Primary care office, mental health hotline, hospital volunteer
Rush likes students to do around 1000 hours or more of service?

Members don't see this ad.

Rush likes students to do around 1000 hours or more of service?
That’s a myth I think. What matters is how long you have volunteered at at least 2-3 places. They want to see commitment to those places and if you’ve gotten more improved with your service (taking on more tasks etc.)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s a myth I think. What matters is how long you have volunteered at at least 2-3 places. They want to see commitment to those places and if you’ve gotten more improved with your service (taking on more tasks etc.)
Im already volunteering at a hospice , I will be volunteering at another place soon. Thank you for the information.

Im already volunteering at a hospice , I will be volunteering at another place soon. Thank you for the information.
Yes, also trust God knowing that, he knows what your deep needs are and where you will go to school to be the best version of yourself. God bless

Reactions: 5 users
agreed, I had less than 400 and got an A. Long term commitment the story matters most than the number solely

agreed, I had less than 400 and got an A. Long term commitment the story matters most than the number solely
+1… I don’t have the 100000 hours people talk about but was consistent and meaningful without thinking about it

OOS II received this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
oos ii - looking for tips please
They have an activity where they read you some prompt and you response. Your answer should focus on how you value philantropy and helping others rather than making profits. If you have a heavy research background, play it down cause they significantly value service more, that's not to say don't talk about your research because research is part of their mission statement, but don't make it the center of your interview

Mine was just conversation and questions, no activity

Oh sorry guys, not an actual activity. I meant to say just a conversation with two people and they give you a scenario and you respond.

I can't remember the name of my other interviewer. How important is it to write a thank you email?

Anyone still waiting for interview? Idk if it’s really likely to get an interview though because they stop by February

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone here attend the financial aid session on the 11th? I missed it and still waiting for the recording to be available, are there any actions we can take now other than FAFSA?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone here attend the financial aid session on the 11th? I missed it and still waiting for the recording to be available, are there any actions we can take now other than FAFSA?
Basically just do fafsa, we should get our rush emails in February and from there they will send out more info… they are requesting parent financial info for need based grants but other than that there will be some merit grants to apply to… loans from the federal side… then rush offers loans… and then you could do private as well

• Love
Also curious!!

Does anyone know if Rush has a home neurosurgery program?
Google is your friend.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
yall, is the 100 deposit required to accept the offer? no other school asks for a deposit to accept your acceptance...has anyone had success reaching out to them and getting it waived?

yall, is the 100 deposit required to accept the offer? no other school asks for a deposit to accept your acceptance...has anyone had success reaching out to them and getting it waived?
Some schools don't have them, another one of my school collects the $100 in April, but no matter what they are always fully refundable until CTE deadline like Rush. I would try to use a creditcard to pay for it if you're tight on cash currently.

Some schools don't have them, another one of my school collects the $100 in April, but no matter what they are always fully refundable until CTE deadline like Rush. I would try to use a creditcard to pay for it if you're tight on cash currently.
the cash do be tight, i will call on monday and see what they say. will update yall here. Thank you!

• Care
OOS A 01/19, just found it in my spam. Also interviewed 01/03 and LM 69.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users