2023-2024 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we have to pay the deposit before we can get the link to submit campus preference?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Matched but planning to withdraw, so there will be waitlist movement! Congrats to all :)

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure it's all applicants but I ilke how they said "final wait-list" like we're special or something

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have to reply to the email or something to accept our spot on the waitlist, or is it automatic?

1708110829595.png

Just got this email. If I'm accepted off the waitlist, is that offer binding and I must accept? I matched at Long this morning. Just wondering!

View attachment 382686
Just got this email. If I'm accepted off the waitlist, is that offer binding and I must accept? I matched at Long this morning. Just wondering!Wai
Waitlist offers must be accepted and once you feel comfortable, you must withdraw from your other school with a formal notification.

View attachment 382686
Just got this email. If I'm accepted off the waitlist, is that offer binding and I must accept? I matched at Long this morning. Just wondering!
You matched to Long so right now it's your school.

If you later get an offer to come in from Baylor's WL, the choice is yours.
You could take it and then send your regrets to Long and withdraw,
or you could turn down the Baylor WL offer and stick with Long.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS and also haven’t heard anything since interview in September
+1 OOS September interview, lol. Have any OOS'ers received WL's or R's? My (hopeful) theory is that they are seeing who has matched and will give the remaining slots (if any...) for OOS students based on "gaps" (URMs, service heavy applicants, research heavy applicants, etc.) in their class that they observe post-match

Last edited:
First of all, congrats to everyone that matched here today :)

For those who are accepted, when is the internal match happening? I imagine there might not be a lot of waitlist movement until then, since people might make a decision based on location, so I was just curious when that would be! Thanks in advance!
To avoid confusion, let's not call it an "internal match" but rather a "campus placement".
Thanks, wysdoc

Actually, this year, the Dean explicitly said they would be changing the system so that anyone off the waitlist will be going to Temple. Any open Houston spots would first go to accepted students in Temple, instead of turning to the waitlist. This did not happen last year, but the Dean said he feels this is more equitable so they will be doing it this year.
When was this said? Also hypothetically, could you be accepted off the waitlist for a Temple spot and then later accept an opening again to Houston that’s offered to accepted Baylor Temple students? If you get what I mean

When was this said? Also hypothetically, could you be accepted off the waitlist for a Temple spot and then later accept an opening again to Houston that’s offered to accepted Baylor Temple students? If you get what I mean
Dean Vallejo explained this new process on a Houston campus visit this year (specifically on January 13th). While unlikely, I guess your hypothetical could theoretically occur, especially if you are similar to the person who left Houston and thus can help Baylor admin “balance their class.”

Hi everyone! really excited to have matched at baylor and congrats to everyone else as well! idk if this is just an annoying question but when we were given the campus preference link, there are 3 rankings, and we have the fill out all 3. our choices are "houston campus," "temple campus," and "no preference." i really want to be at the houston campus, and i know chances of this are already higher to begin with. but i was wondering if it makes a difference if i put "no preference" as my second choice after houston or "temple" as my second choice.

Hi everyone! really excited to have matched at baylor and congrats to everyone else as well! idk if this is just an annoying question but when we were given the campus preference link, there are 3 rankings, and we have the fill out all 3. our choices are "houston campus," "temple campus," and "no preference." i really want to be at the houston campus, and i know chances of this are already higher to begin with. but i was wondering if it makes a difference if i put "no preference" as my second choice after houston or "temple" as my second choice.
I have the same question, matched Baylor yesterday and got the campus match email earlier today.

Not sure there’s a best answer, but I saw “no preference” as “I’m fine with either” so I went 1. Houston 2. No preference 3. Temple

My guess is there will be some preferring Temple and having no preference who will be first assigned to Temple although I am not sure if it is 10 or 30 who will be in this cohort. Rest will be assigned to Temple no matter what it says on the choice since they have to fill the campus.

Is it courtesy to respond to waitlist emails? I got baylor waitlist but wondering what others replied with.

didn't match, I am wondering whether getting off the waitlist would mean an automatic placement in Temple? did that happen last cycle?
At my tour day they very strongly implied that waitlist offers would be for Temple bc they would give students who matched but were assigned to Temple the option to switch to Houston if a spot opened up before offering a Houston spot to waitlisted applicants

@vanilla_latte I doubt the order matters, though I flipped the last two. Also, does anyone know how many come off the waitlist at Baylor every year? this could make a diff in how many of us get our first choice pref

I’m still just wondering why they didn’t put OOS people on the waitlist yet…
Should we expect some more acceptances for OOS in the next couple of weeks rather than having to wait until April-May’s waitlist movement like in previous years?
What they did this year—not accepting very many OOS before the match, and then not putting OOS on the waitlist at the same time as IS—is unprecedented (from what I can gather from previous SDN threads)…

I’m still just wondering why they didn’t put OOS people on the waitlist yet…
Should we expect some more acceptances for OOS in the next couple of weeks rather than having to wait until April-May’s waitlist movement like in previous years?
What they did this year—not accepting very many OOS before the match, and then not putting OOS on the waitlist at the same time as IS—is unprecedented (from what I can gather from previous SDN threads)…
I don't know how you are concluding this - not many people share getting onto WLs

I don't know how you are concluding this - not many people share getting onto WLs

I just haven’t seen a single OOS person say they got waitlisted from Friday. Many OOS people commented that they didnt get an email.

But SDN isn’t comprehensive of course.

I just haven’t seen a single OOS person say they got waitlisted from Friday. Many OOS people commented that they didnt get an email.

But SDN isn’t comprehensive of course.
OOS people are not part of the match so they dont need to be on waitlist officially. Baylor may be considering them separately since they can admit a higher number than 10%.

I replied to the waitlist email. Just got a confirmation that I am indeed on the waitlist.

I replied to the waitlist email. Just got a confirmation that I am indeed on the waitlist.
quick question: did the wait list email from Baylor also show up in your portal under Communication Status?

quick question: did the wait list email from Baylor also show up in your portal under Communication Status?

Actually I haven’t checked that, but I will.