2023-2024 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any OOS applicants who didn't pre-match heard back yet?
Did you try checking your Baylor portal under "communication status"?

Members don't see this ad.

quick question: did the wait list email from Baylor also show up in your portal under Communication Status?
It did. I also see a little house icon saying "Admissions Decision" and then when I click on it, it says that I have been selected for the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when scholarships for matched students are dispersed? I was wondering if it was after campus assignment or if those who received them had already gotten their aid offer

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when scholarships for matched students are dispersed? I was wondering if it was after campus assignment or if those who received them had already gotten their aid offer
Also wondering this. When does BCM typically send out merit scholarship info?

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard back from the mdphd program abt a WL or R? Also, for those of us still waiting, does bcm take paper updates?

Last edited:
IS no waitlist email received and nothing new under communications on the AMP portal. Should I send an email?

IS no waitlist email received and nothing new under communications on the AMP portal. Should I send an email?
Here is what the Baylor website says about WLs:

What is Baylor College of Medicine's waitlist process?

Interviewed applicants who do not Match to BCM through the TMDSAS Match and are not withdrawn via TMDSAS Match, are automatically placed on the waitlist. The applicant pool varies each year and we cannot predict exactly how many candidates will be offered admission from the waitlist. The committee evaluates a host of criteria for admission as we develop our class each year; we do not rank candidates on the waitlist. As such, it is impossible for the committee to determine an individual applicant's chances for admission.

I am currently on the waitlist at Baylor College of Medicine. Would it be possible to meet with a dean of admissions to update them on recent “events” in which I have participated?
Unfortunately, the deans of admissions are unable to meet with applicants on the waitlist. You can submit updates to your application through our AMP application system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok maybe dumb question, but I don't see anything on my portal called communication status. Sorry just trying to see if I can find out if I am on the WL!

Ok maybe dumb question, but I don't see anything on my portal called communication status. Sorry just trying to see if I can find out if I am on the WL!
The panel on the left side of the screen in the portal has a section called “Admissions Decision” where you can see what your position is. If I remember correctly, people have said all interviewees who did not match to Baylor and ranked it higher than a school they matched to are all on the WL.

The panel on the left side of the screen in the portal has a section called “Admissions Decision” where you can see what your position is. If I remember correctly, people have said all interviewees who did not match to Baylor and ranked it higher than a school they matched to are all on the WL.
I'm OOS so was hoping I would find some sort of decision. I don't see anything so guess I'm going to have to just keep waiting! Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes a short reply to say you would like to be on the WL

Ah I didn't realize it was common courtesy to reply to waitlist emails :\ would it be a good idea to reply now, 2 weeks later, or should I just let it be?

Realistically what are the chances of getting off the waitlist? I need to make plans for the school I’m in now but Baylor is my top choice

Here is what the Baylor website says about WLs:

What is Baylor College of Medicine's waitlist process?
Interviewed applicants who do not Match to BCM through the TMDSAS Match and are not withdrawn via TMDSAS Match, are automatically placed on the waitlist. The applicant pool varies each year and we cannot predict exactly how many candidates will be offered admission from the waitlist. The committee evaluates a host of criteria for admission as we develop our class each year; we do not rank candidates on the waitlist. As such, it is impossible for the committee to determine an individual applicant's chances for admission.

I am currently on the waitlist at Baylor College of Medicine. Would it be possible to meet with a dean of admissions to update them on recent “events” in which I have participated?
Unfortunately, the deans of admissions are unable to meet with applicants on the waitlist. You can submit updates to your application through our AMP application system.
Thanks. I do think their practice this year is a bit different than prior years as they sent letters to those that they want on the WL. Correct?

Thanks. I do think their practice this year is a bit different than prior years as they sent letters to those that they want on the WL. Correct?
I believe it may have changed, yes, as some people have received a WL email and some have not

Reactions: 1 user
It seems all Texas applicants got waitlisted but no OOS applicants have yet. This is based only on what folks have posted, so it may not be 100% accurate.
Yeah but he made it seem like only some IS got the waitlist email like we’re preferred but idt that’s the case

No, it appears only some texas applicants that interviewed and ranked Baylor got the WL email and some others did not.
I figured the people that didn’t are OOS and haven’t had a decision made on their app yet

If I’m on the waitlist, and I get off of it after the campus match, then will they notify me what campus they’re offering me a spot to or will I still be left in the dark until the last minute? I’m still kinda confused on how the waitlist process works for Baylor.
Currently matched to McGovern my second choice, but would love to go to BCM

If I’m on the waitlist, and I get off of it after the campus match, then will they notify me what campus they’re offering me a spot to or will I still be left in the dark until the last minute? I’m still kinda confused on how the waitlist process works for Baylor.
no ur 100% getting temple

I’m in the same position as well.

Sorry idk why my comments keep deleting
When Dr Vallejo emailed me in in my response to the wl email he said that people from WL will be placed in the temple campus

IS applicant. I did not receive a waitlist email, but when I reached out to admissions they sent a link to a common FAQ that says everyone that doesn't match but has them ranked higher is placed on the waitlist. Not sure why I did not receive an email as they did not clarify.

Edit: I should also add that I had them ranked higher than my match but still no email received or confirmation I am on the waitlist.

so anyone coming off the waitlist (instate or oos) will be matched at temple?

so anyone coming off the waitlist (instate or oos) will be matched at temple?
This is what someone reported above BUT I can say with certainty that this is not what happened last year - I know two students who got off the waitlist to Houston and were told Houston in their acceptance call. So not sure if this is a new policy.

This is what someone reported above BUT I can say with certainty that this is not what happened last year - I know two students who got off the waitlist to Houston and were told Houston in their acceptance call. So not sure if this is a new policy.
Yes it’s a new policy

this makes our odds when it comes to getting our first pref higher; how many does Baylor usually take off the waitlist?

Just FYI, on one of the Houston campus tours, they mentioned that most students choose Houston as their preferred campus. Last year, there were about 30 or so students who ranked Houston as #1 that were assigned to Temple (so about 10 students ranked Temple #1, because there are 40 seats there). They also said that any time there is any waitlist movement, they first move anyone assigned to Temple who ranked Houston #1 to the Houston campus, so a seat opens up at Temple. That’s why getting off the waitlist almost guarantees you a spot at the Temple campus.

I went ahead and reached out to the admissions office to try and clear any confusion about the status of OOS applications. They replied and said all OOS applicants are still under active consideration and will continue to be considered for admission on a rolling basis until April 30th. At that point, a waitlist will be formed for any OOS applicants that have not received offers.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if MD/PhD post II rejection is still under consideration for MD? I cannot find any info in regards to this.

Anyone know if MD/PhD post II rejection is still under consideration for MD? I cannot find any info in regards to this.
MD/PhD apps are done outside the TMDSAS match protocol.
If you were an in-state applicant and also selected the box on your TMDSAS app to apply regular MD, it would be possible to now be on the WL for an MD-only spot.

If you were an OOS applicant you are probably done now.

However, since this is such a specific situation, your best bet is to enquire directly to Baylor admissions.

So if we have not heard by now, we are probably waitlisted at best? I think campus assignments should be coming out soon.