*****Official Countdown to May 7 Score Release*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is super anxious to get the scores. I figured I would start this so people can talk about thoughts, concerns, or whatever else.

P.S. Check out this website, it's got some really funny stuff about the MCAT: http://medschoolpath.blogspot.com/

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

the days seem to be going by longer and loooooonger....i'm way more nervous to get my scores than i was to take the test. i know exactly how i'll see my scores too....they probably won't come out right at midnight, so then i'll be clicking it every other minute and one time when i don't expect it they will come up and then at that moment i will barf all over the computer....they should warn you with like a drumroll or something!!

the days seem to be going by longer and loooooonger....i'm way more nervous to get my scores than i was to take the test. i know exactly how i'll see my scores too....they probably won't come out right at midnight, so then i'll be clicking it every other minute and one time when i don't expect it they will come up and then at that moment i will barf all over the computer....they should warn you with like a drumroll or something!!

ME TOO. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just gotta say, I love this tread!!!! :love:

...even though I think it's making me more paranoid, as unitl now I have not checked the AAMC site. Gee, thanks guys :D

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC said the score will be released about May 9th. Does anyone here think that it will be released May 7th or earlier?

yiiiiikkkkeeeesssssss. maybe i should start emotionally preping myself for the scores so when i see them and if i need to retake, i can take the bad news calmly.

So last night I had my very first MCAT scorre dream. I got a 2, 2, and a 1. I'm not sure what the 1 was in, I think I fainted right after I saw those numbers. :thumbup:

i just hope i won't faint, barf, or punch a wall when i see my numbers next wednesday :laugh:

I am taking the attitude that I have bombed the exam and studying half speed for the MCAT retake. In this way, if it is true then I will not feel bad.

So last night I had my very first MCAT scorre dream. I got a 2, 2, and a 1. I'm not sure what the 1 was in, I think I fainted right after I saw those numbers. :thumbup:

I think reading your post made me have MY first mcat dream yesterday...i liked mine tho... my scores were 18 12 11..not gonna complain

Members don't see this ad :)
I think reading your post made me have MY first mcat dream yesterday...i liked mine tho... my scores were 18 12 11..not gonna complain

I totally had a dream too...but mine was "11 6 11 = 26". Isn't it funny how it's not possible yet so real in the dream? Let's get the scores already, no?

i'm planning on checking aamc tuesday night, at midnight... i already know im gonna lose sleep tuesday night if scores aren't posted haha.

i had a dream last night... that i made a 23 on the mcat. if that's the score i really got, i think imma jump off a bridge. haha jk.

Each time I check Thx now (the number of times I check is starting to increase, lol) I get a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach because I know that one of these times that I check, my scores will actually be posted:eek:

Anyone know if aamc is going to send us an update with the estimated time of release?

Why can't the results be up a month later? That pretty much sucks... Less than two days to go at least.

rather than having that nervous thx moment each day, i'm waiting for a sdn to tell me they're up...

I had four MCAT 'dreams' in a row as I was waking up this morning. One of them had me driving and a friend calling me but I couldnt get my wireless to work, another had me at home and the score report not actually listing any scores, and the other two had me getting a 3 and a 45. Im going crazy!

I thought of a theory yesterday when i was supposed to be studying for a midterm...

so aamc WANTS us to THINK that the scores will be released on the 9th, but really, they will be released earlier in order to prevent the site from slowing. See, if the site slows, we'll all complain, and that would be no good for poor aamc. So this way, we all like them and they dont have to worry about us complaining! Note: This is JUST my crazy theory!!

So..yes, I am guessing it will be before wednesday, but I will check the forum to hear from you guys first before checking THx.

I thought of a theory yesterday when i was supposed to be studying for a midterm...

so aamc WANTS us to THINK that the scores will be released on the 9th, but really, they will be released earlier in order to prevent the site from slowing. See, if the site slows, we'll all complain, and that would be no good for poor aamc. So this way, we all like them and they dont have to worry about us complaining! Note: This is JUST my crazy theory!!

So..yes, I am guessing it will be before wednesday, but I will check the forum to hear from you guys first before checking THx.

or alternatively, they wrote a computer program that automatically releases the scores, documented the computer's schedule on their webpage, and really could not care less about it.

NO!

OMG I'm in so much mental pain right now :scared:
This waiting is really bad. The MCAT nightmars have started.
I don't think I've ever experienced this specific kind of anxiety.
Not even when waiting for college admission letters.
We are such victims of the system, you guys.

Man, we still have to wait 8 more days. Two words:::::::::NOT COOL:::::::::bullcrap: :bullcrap::bullcrap:

Be careful what you wish for. They could come out on May 9th and ruin your 8AM final because you're crying that your total MCAT score is a 12. Or is it just me who keeps having that dream? :D

When are scores do out for those of us who took it on the 16th?

It should be May 16th...I'm planning on starting a Countdown to May 16th thread after May 9th because I won't be able to read of all the celebratory posts and not worry about my own score.

(That's 'cause I changed my test date from April 7th to April 16th)

I wish they would at least tell us what time scores will be released so I don't have to keep refreshing THx, wondering if anything has been posted yet!

i just hope i won't faint, barf, or punch a wall when i see my numbers next wednesday :laugh:

god, same here. I'm hoping for "good enough" that I dont have to retake, and that's all. Not pushing my luck, but praying we all got dealt a decent hand.

here's to 3 more months of cramming and mad scrambles to retake in august. i'm sure i'll need to ;)

well, I was comfortable about the nearing score release... until I read this,
"my last few CBT exams came from AAMC where I have gotten a 34, 32, and 29. Being fully convinced that my earnest efforts were successful, I sat in for the January MCAT in 2007. My scores did not reflect the practice scores I had received. My actual score was a 22R, where I got an 8 on PS, a 4 on VR, and a 10 on BS. I'm particularly shocked at the 4 on VR because I had never gotten that score before in any of my practice exams."

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=5119039#post5119039
Now, although I had been scoring high 30s, I am fearful :scared: Oh joy, why do I come to these forums again? :laugh:

Yea but the VR score of 4 may have come because of the mess up AAMC had during the January administration. so i wouldnt worry so much about that since the administration of the April 7th test went pretty smooth

Hey all! I am new to the group and also waiting for my scores!! I don't know how much longer I am going to keep my sanity while waiting! I already told my boss that I am going to be useless at work until I find out!! :p

same boat-- which is unfortunate given that I was useless before the exam! I guess that's just my M.O.

Are you ready for tomorrow?

I am going to buy a lotto ticket tonight (going at $96M). If I score bad, at least I have have a chance at the lotto ticket. If I score well, then I can forget about the $1 wasted on the lotto ticket.

And if they don't, I wonder how many people will not be sleeping as they hit refresh on THx all night :)

Good luck to us all!
In feb they came out on the day it was suppose to come out but at 4 am.

anyway, Good luck all!

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with their scores. They usually come out the night before around 10-11 PM EST.

I'm out on the west coast and you just made my day! (regardless of when it posts, now I can be up at 2 AM here, should they be released at 5 for example, and not feel bad! j/k).

I will talk to you all this evening after a midterm...after which I'll check ThX and buy a lotto ticket (great idea floatingsponge!)

after an extremely long and excruciating month... it's finally coming to an end tonight or tomorrow morning.... i dunno about you guys, but this is probably the longest and most frustrating month of my life... i've never experienced this kind of anxiety before...

i'm sure most of us won't be sleeping tonight, including myself... i just wanted to wish everyone luck when checking your scores tonight or tomorrow morning! i hope we all get the score of our dreams!!!! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!! :luck:

I hope they come out tonight!! I am not going to last much longer. ;) This is the worst anxiety ever!!!

crap! i have a midterm tomorrow
should i read it before or after...

I think that depends on you. If you get a bad score are you gonna be so upset that you can't do the midterm? Or, if you don't check are you gonna be so nervous/excited that you can't do the midterm.

If it were me, I think I would look after.