2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got an acceptance via email but did not get a call???

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else almost wish they had never interviewed? I am grateful to have had the opportunity, but I feel silly thinking back to how excited I was getting the interview invite and now feeling so disappointed with myself for not being able to get the A at any of the places I was so enthusiastic about :/

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 18 users
This was my top choice school. I would attend this school full price. I poured my heart and soul into my application materials, secondaries, and tried to be genuine during the interviews. This was while working full time as a nontrad. This is devastating for me.

I know some recently admitted people reported bombing the interview but for future applicants, remember that some people will think they did terrible no matter how they actually did. I expected to get the R after my interview but I wish expecting the R made it hurt less.

+1 this was my dream school :(

Big congrats to everyone who got in! You guys are amazing

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Looking past the 5:00 EST timeline, for everybody else who interviewed it's mostly Rs and some WLs if I am not mistaken? And for WL, what's Duke historical movement off the WL look like?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they send A calls all on the same day? Don’t want to get my hopes up

Anyone's email have any scholarship info? Or anyone know the scene at Duke re. scholarships and finances?
I think we'll run this process next. With FAFSA sending me an email today that they're redoing how they've determined need and the disaster that is the CSS profile, this is the one part of this application cycle that I know I'll enjoy least.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Any accepted students group chats?
Don't believe so yet, although I would imagine we'd get some more details tomorrow once the portal (hopefully) updates and all WLs/Rs have been sent out.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1. Do we need to accept the offer or anything
in the letter they sent over email, there's an info sheet with deadlines that's super helpful! we have to pay the $100 deposit by april 30 and commit to enroll at duke by june 17

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Reaaalllyyyy hoping for a WL for all us still waiting today :)

Reactions: 6 users
I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?

I saw on the 23-24 financial aid timeline that we will hear about our scholarship offers early April. It looks like we only need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS profile to be considered for all aid, is that correct?
Is the CSS profile something I should start on right away or do we wait for word from Duke to begin this? I've never had to fill it out before, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with it.

WL just now, pretty happy considering I thought it would be a R lol

Reactions: 2 users
WL just now. I love you Duke, please give me a chance :love:

• Care
Waitlist email at 12:01PM

• Care
WL just now as well!

• Care
Did anyone get rejected post II? Nervous that they just WL everyone and chances of getting off are low

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get rejected post II? Nervous that they just WL everyone and chances of getting off are low
I don’t think they WL everyone because it says they WL ~100 but the email says they interview over 600… however I think the WL movement is still rlly small here

In the Duke thread from 2021-22, it seems like some people reported post-II Rs the same time as the WL. Couldn’t find any post-II Rs from last year, but it could be due to underreporting

I also read in previous years you may not get an email for post II R, but will say in the portal

OOS post-II WL email today at 11:05am CST. still a little disappointed, but I expected it after no call yesterday. stings a bit less than an R. congrats everyone!

• Care
+1 WL, but probably turning it down. So that's one less WL person to worry about!

Congrats to all the A's and good luck to the WL's!

Email subject was ridiculous: "Duke Med Admission Letter"
no I was like be so fr??? "admission letter" there was a better way you could've worded that...

Anyone know if there's a student handbook? been looking but unable to find anything

what is the procedure now with WL? the email does not have much to go on

+1 WL this morning, turned it down. Good luck to everyone waiting it out and congrats to everyone accepted!!:hello:

Also worth noting when I withdrew I received an automatic email that decisions release 2/21, 2/22, and 2/23. So for people wondering about R's, I assume they will come out tomorrow.

also post-II R :confused: ugh... And thank god for SDN because that email title "Duke Med Admission Letter" is definitely EVIL and if I hadn't already known this was coming I would be freaking out

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats everyone!! Y’all are gonna LOOOVE Duke

- sad alum who didn’t get an interview 🥲
+1 on this - worked with people at the hospital, great place to be :). The faculty are awesome

CONGRATS!!

Edit: Got the R but expected. Sad alum :c

Last edited:
Pre-II R :(, maybe I'll see ya for residency Duke (not if you make me answer 9 secondary questions again though)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS Pre-II R
Why did I write that secondary….?

• Care
Reactions: 10 users