USN wait list Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any updates??? i haven't heard anything yet :(

Members don't see this ad.

All I have heard was my ranking. It was general of course but has anyone heard from Dr. Deyoung or been accepted from the waiting list?

Any one hear from Dr. Deyoung? Or got accepted from the wait list? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't. Would you please tell me your rank.

No, I haven't. Would you please tell me your rank.

I finally heard from Dr. Deyoung today. I am going to the Utah campus. He also said that he will keep taking people from the wait list until 8/28. There is stilll hope. Best of luck to all!

Congratulation!!!!!

Are you in top 31? Has he said how many remainders in the wait list? Would you mind to share it? Thank you very much.

Would you mind tell us your rank? Please. Congratulations.
I finally heard from Dr. Deyoung today. I am going to the Utah campus. He also said that he will keep taking people from the wait list until 8/28. There is stilll hope. Best of luck to all!

Congrats - I will see you in South Jordan come August 26th.

I'm currently on the waitlist of both campuses and I haven't received any phone call from Dr. DeYoung so far. However, I received a letter from the USN Student Alliance today. There are a brochue and a letter which stated this at the begining:

"Dear *my name*

The Student Alliance of the USN would like to offer our congratulations on your acceptance into the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy. As you will soon discover, you have chosen an exciting and rewawrding profession, as well as an excellent institution in which to prepare for the changes which lay ahead. You should be proud of these decisions..... "

and this at the end:

"Again, welcome to the University of Southern NEvada College of Pharmacy! We wish you the best of luck for a successful professional career, and look forward to meeting you on campus.
Professionally yours,"

...It...confuses me. Like I said I haven't received any phone calls from Dr. DeYoung so I assume I'm still on the waitlist. My question is:

1. Has anyone ever received this similar letter/brochue/etc from USN? Would you please share your experience?
2. Does USN Student Alliance just send it to everyone who applied?

I got the lettter through the mail Sat. so I couldn't call and ask them directly. It got me nervous so I just want to ask you guys first. Thank you so much for your time reading this confusing post.:confused:

I'm currently on the waitlist of both campuses and I haven't received any phone call from Dr. DeYoung so far. However, I received a letter from the USN Student Alliance today. There are a brochue and a letter which stated this at the begining:

"Dear *my name*

The Student Alliance of the USN would like to offer our congratulations on your acceptance into the University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy. As you will soon discover, you have chosen an exciting and rewawrding profession, as well as an excellent institution in which to prepare for the changes which lay ahead. You should be proud of these decisions..... "

and this at the end:

"Again, welcome to the University of Southern NEvada College of Pharmacy! We wish you the best of luck for a successful professional career, and look forward to meeting you on campus.
Professionally yours,"

...It...confuses me. Like I said I haven't received any phone calls from Dr. DeYoung so I assume I'm still on the waitlist. My question is:

1. Has anyone ever received this similar letter/brochue/etc from USN? Would you please share your experience?
2. Does USN Student Alliance just send it to everyone who applied?

I got the lettter through the mail Sat. so I couldn't call and ask them directly. It got me nervous so I just want to ask you guys first. Thank you so much for your time reading this confusing post.:confused:
I haven't received anything like that. I think you should call and ask them about that. I called Dr. D on July and asked any updates, but it has been the same as in June.

Calling USN will be the 1st thing I'll do on Monday.

Hi all,
I haven’t received anything like that, but I did receive an email from Dr. Deyoung last Thursday 23rd saying the same thing as in July (……50 candidates in front of me for Nevada campus and more than 20 for Utah campus), he said if a seat does not become available for me by August 26th, the college will not be able to offer me admission into the program this year. Lymmys, please call USN ASAP and let us know your situation. You are on the good tract.
Good luck.

I think it is an offer letter. I believe you get accepted, but you should call them to clarify. I asked my friends and they said that is indeed. Let us know when you call them on Monday.:xf:

I don't know, for some reason I think it was just a mis-send or something. Because the letter was dated July 22 which was a Wed. If no one has ever received something similar then...hmm.. idk... But I'll call them and I sure will let you guys know :)

I called Dr. DeYoung and apparently it was a mistake. He has no idea why I received that letter. He told me at least 50 ppl ahead of me in Nevada and 35 in UT. Keep waiting :)

Hi Lymmys, do not lose hope we are still on the waitlist and it’s the most important thing.
Take care.

Thank you. Good luck to all of us.

Hi everyone,
I just got a call from Dr. DeYoung saying that a seat has become available for me at the Nevada campus, yeah finally I'm in.

Good luck to all of you who still waiting, there is still more than a week till the orientation day and the call may come at anytime.
PS: I was 50+ on the waitlist

Hi everyone,
I just got a call from Dr. DeYoung saying that a seat has become available for me at the Nevada campus, yeah finally I'm in.

Good luck to all of you who still waiting, there is still more than a week till the orientation day and the call may come at anytime.
PS: I was 50+ on the waitlist

Did you get in directly to Nevada or did you already have a spot at Utah and just changed campuses?

I'm looking for a carpooler from San Jose to Henderson on 24 or 25. Is there anyone?