USN wait list Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats.....

ty both... i guess im one lucky sob... that was the only school i could even apply to given im international and don't even have pcat or a bachelor's degree or biochemistry completed... lol :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Ramzy!
Now that you are accepted, are you happy with Utah or would prefer Vegas?
With my position, 51 + It's difficult to wait that call, but still this good news from you is a hope for us.
Take care.

Hi Ramzy,
You are lucky boy. I am international as well with a 12 years BA in clinical biology from EU French Country. I did apply for AF. I had my interview last January, science GPA 3.80, and 3.85 overall. I don’t know what went wrong with my application, maybe the interview, but I felt confident that day, although I had a difficult start. Anyway waiting is a nightmare. What was your GPA? When and where did you have your interview?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
@Ramzy: Did you ask Dr. DeYoung about what was your exact rank on the waitlist for both campus?

Hi all,
Recently, I successfully completed two courses (A+) which are not USN requirements. Do you think it would be a good idea to send my update transcript to Dr. D? In other words, do you think my latest grades can affect my position on the wait list?
Thanks.

Hi guys,

Lymmys, I'm sorry I didn't ask him for my exact rank heh

Nator, je parle francais aussi :)

I'm not sure if I want to be in Vegas or Utah. My parents live in Vegas so even though the weather is amazing they are still a HUGE distraction to my studies... I love them very much but they have no idea how much of a distraction they are especially since the office in our house in Vegas has NO WALLS lol!!!! My studying habits are at home and in the library when doing study groups..

My gpa was I think 3.75 but science was 3.8... My Organic Chemistry 2 was an A and that is what I think got me in to be honest.

The interview questions are tricky but there are specific answers they are looking for..

You have 2 A+'s now? I would send him your transcripts even though I am not sure if it will affect your ranking at the moment. I had 3 new A's but I didn't send them over (one of them was in French class :p).

I did my interview on March 31st in the Vegas campus... to be honest if I go to Utah, I'm more worried about how I'm going to live and organize everything with my roommate than the actual studying. My brother who went to USN and is graduating this year in June tells me that the first year is very easy and comparable to college. The second year is hell. And, the third year is fun.

salut Ramzy.
J'ai vu que parles francais moi aussi. Je suis sur la liste d'attente. Top 51+. Tu penses que j'ai une chance d'etre accepte?

Hi guys,

Lymmys, I'm sorry I didn't ask him for my exact rank heh

Nator, je parle francais aussi :)

I'm not sure if I want to be in Vegas or Utah. My parents live in Vegas so even though the weather is amazing they are still a HUGE distraction to my studies... I love them very much but they have no idea how much of a distraction they are especially since the office in our house in Vegas has NO WALLS lol!!!! My studying habits are at home and in the library when doing study groups..

My gpa was I think 3.75 but science was 3.8... My Organic Chemistry 2 was an A and that is what I think got me in to be honest.

The interview questions are tricky but there are specific answers they are looking for..

You have 2 A+'s now? I would send him your transcripts even though I am not sure if it will affect your ranking at the moment. I had 3 new A's but I didn't send them over (one of them was in French class :p).

I did my interview on March 31st in the Vegas campus... to be honest if I go to Utah, I'm more worried about how I'm going to live and organize everything with my roommate than the actual studying. My brother who went to USN and is graduating this year in June tells me that the first year is very easy and comparable to college. The second year is hell. And, the third year is fun.

Hey Lizat,
Je suis tres contente de savoir que nous sommes nombreux a parler francais dans le programme. Nous allons probablement nous rencontrer si Dieu le permet a la rentree 09/2009. Je suis aussi a 51 + sur la liste d'attente mais je ne sais comment interpreter cette position.
Restons en contact.
Merci

Hi Ramzi,
Thank you for your advice, I will send my final transcript to Dr. D this week.
Keep in touch.

Salut Nator,
Nous devons prier tres fort pour pouvoir entrer a cette ecole. Ravis de savoir que tu parles francais.
A bientot.

Hey Lizat,

Je suis tres contente de savoir que nous sommes nombreux a parler francais dans le programme. Nous allons probablement nous rencontrer si Dieu le permet a la rentree 09/2009. Je suis aussi a 51 + sur la liste d'attente mais je ne sais comment interpreter cette position.
Restons en contact.
Merci

Hi Ramzi,
Thank you for your advice, I will send my final transcript to Dr. D this week.
Keep in touch.

I got accepted today for Utah................

I got accepted today for Utah................
Congrats Rx!!!!
I guess I should send Dr. DeYoung my transcript for this semester and also ask him about the ranking...

Hi all,
Way to go Rx123, congratulation!!! You're finally in.
Lymmys, I think it's a good idea to send your spring 09 transcript to Dr. D. I sent mine two days ago, but be careful to ask your rank at this time, by June 15 you will know your position anyway.
Take care.

Hi all,
Way to go Rx123, congratulation!!! You're finally in.
Lymmys, I think it's a good idea to send your spring 09 transcript to Dr. D. I sent mine two days ago, but be careful to ask your rank at this time, by June 15 you will know your position anyway.
Take care.
You think I shouldn't ask him about my rank? I finished 3 prereg courses this Spring but received Cs for all 3 of them. My GPA is also lower, I'm so worried that it would affect my rankings...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Lymmys,
It’s not a good idea to call Dr. D for your rank. Remember, he said in the letter that everyone will be notified by mid June.
Because you received three Cs on your prereq courses, you must send the transcript to him if they are part of the requirements. But If they are not the requirements, think twice before deciding what to do. Anything that would lower your GPA is not good at this time. I wish you good luck.
Thanks

Thanks Lymmys & Nator.....

Hi, Lymmys , I think you should submit your transcript , because in the letter its clearly mentioned that
" You must submit transcript of any prerequisites you completed in the spring to admission office.Your academic performance in the spring will be evaluated- the coursework you completed this term could improve your rank on the wait list"

Last week, I sent my VA form and asked Dr. DeYoung how the waitlist's process. Indeed, there are two waitlists: one for Utah and one for Nevada. He told me that there are more than 51 people in front of me for Nevada campus and more than 40 people in front of me for Utah campus. Anyone know that I will have a chance to get acceptance or not. Thank you very much.:confused:

@ NATOR and Rx123: Thank you so much for your replies. I decided to submit the transcript because all 3 courses are preregs for USN. It's more like a "must" rather than a "if I want to" to me.

Fingers cross:xf:

Last week, I sent my VA form and asked Dr. DeYoung how the waitlist's process. Indeed, there are two waitlists: one for Utah and one for Nevada. He told me that there are more than 51 people in front of me for Nevada campus and more than 40 people in front of me for Utah campus. Anyone know that I will have a chance to get acceptance or not. Thank you very much.:confused:

Honestly, those odds don't look good. Compare how many seats there are for each campus and how many people would have to drop out for you to get one. Then see if you can imagine that many people turning down USN after they paid their $1000.

Hi Diastole,

Thanks for your thought. I think the same idea, so I need to take PCat for next cycle.

Hi all,
I strongly believe that I will be among other lucky students this month.
Thanks

Hi all,
Thanks

Hi Nator,

You are in top 51. What make you strongly think that way? I am also in top 51. We are the same boat. I am very tired to wait for the call. I do not know when we get that phone call. Thanks

Hi all,
Thanks
Nator, would you please share the reason? I have the same question as vuilendi:D

Hi all,
I wanted to revive the forum and also to relieve the pressure we all are going through. I think it’s a good idea to stay positive until the last second.
Thanks.

Hi Lymmys and Nator,

When I received the first waitlist package, I was in top 51. Also, it indicated there was 50 people in front of me. Thus, I was the number 51. Am I correct? When I sent my waitlist to Dr. DeYoung via mail and e-mail, he told me he received my package. Also, I needed to send back to him the VA form. In his second e-mail, there are more than 51 people in front of me for Nevada campus and more than 40 people in front of me for Utah campus. Am I number 41 or more than 41? I hope to see both of you in Utah. Thank you very much.

Hmm, Did Dr. DeYoung send out an email lately? I haven't received anything since the 1st waitlist package. I've just sent USN my transcript for this past semester. Fingers cross...The 3 prereg courses might help to raise my rank, however the GPA surely lower it right after that...Hopefully it won't be too bad. I think NATOR told me that in the mid June Dr. DeYoung will let you know ur exact rank, so don't be anxious vuilendi. Stay positive!

Hi Lymmys,
Thank you for your response. I sent an e-mail to ask him how the waitlist works since it was May 18. Yes!! There are two waitlists: One for Nevada and one for Utah campus. I have not received anything, yet. I believe he has not sent anything to anyone in the waitlist. You are right, and I try to be positive and calm until the last minutes.

For those of you who applied to the University of Southern Nevada, do you know the average PCAT score?

Mind telling me yours? I just want to see if mine still has a chance for next year's seats. I couldn't find this information on their website.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi all,
I have not received a back-up email or call from Dr. D since the last package. Personally, I won't suggest anyone to contact him at this time. We were told that we can call or email the school to check our final rank after June 12th.
About the PCAT, I think it's early to talk about especially when we all are still hopping to be accepted this year. Anyway this average PCAT score will be available on USN website and effective for 2010 application.
Thanks.

For those of you who applied to the University of Southern Nevada, do you know the average PCAT score?

Mind telling me yours? I just want to see if mine still has a chance for next year's seats. I couldn't find this information on their website.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

PCAT Scores were not required in the prior year application, but I don't doubt that some of the USN applicants have taken the exam, even so.

Btw, I was previously in the waitlist. I hope to see everyone here get in. Good Luck!

Hi All,

Have anyone received anything from Dr. D, yet? Lately, this forum is very quite. Be Happy and relax before getting good news.:)

Hello all,
I haven't heard anything from Dr. D so far. I am very anxious about the situation.
Anyway, let just cross our fingers and wait.

Thanks

Hi All,

Today is June 12. We should receive something from Dr. D. If we do not receive anything, what should we do? Any suggestions. Thanks

Hi all,
I sent an e-mail to Dr. D this morning and finally got a quick response about my rank. This is what he wrote “Thank you for your continued interest in the program. The Admissions Office received your packet and you remain on the wait list. There are currently more than 50 candidates in front of you on the wait list for the Nevada campus and more than 25 on the wait list for the Utah campus.” Could you please tell me if things are good for me at this time?
What about you, did anyone receive something as well?
Thanks

I haven't receive anything from him but I thought we should be able to know the exact rank by now, not something like "X candidates in front of you on the wait list for the Nevada campus and more than Y on the wait list for the Utah campus"

Hi Lymmis,
I was a little surprised when I received that e-mail from Dr. D this morning. I thought It should been giving my exact rank but as you see, quite the same thing as 2 months ago. Really confusing isn’t it?
Anyway, I bought Kaplan PCAT materials yesterday hoping to have strength to prepare for next year.
I urge you to send a short email to Dr. D if you haven’t heard anything from him so far.
Thanks

Hi Nator,

My friend went to Utah campus last year. She told me two students got accepted two weeks before school started. They were about 40 something and 50. I think you have higher chance to get in. Good Luck.:xf:

Hi vuilendi,
Thank you for your words of encouragement, I hope to see y'all in there. Have you heard something about your position?
Take care

Hi Nator,

I have not heard anything from Dr. him, yet. I already sent a e-mail to him late Friday night. I hope to hear from him soon. I wish all of us will have good news soon. Hope to see all of you in Utah.

Hi Lymmys,

Have you received anything from Dr. D, yet? I e-mailed him late friday, I have not heard any responses. What should we do? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you

I sent him an email earlier today and I haven't received any response from him, which is pretty unusual because usually he replies almost right away. I think he must be out of the office or he was busy. Don't worry vuilendi, he'll reply us soon...

Hi Lymmys,

Yes, it is unusual from him. He always replies very fast. I guess we have to wait. Are you planning to take PCAT? I am going to take PCAT in October. Thank you.

yes vuilendi, i am planning to take it sometime in Oct. For some reason I feel so down right now, like...don't care anymore. This' bad I know, just can't help it

Hi Lymmys,

I e-mailed him late friday and called him yesterday. He just returned my call today. He told me there are more than 50 candidates in front of me for Nevada and 30 candidates in front of me for Utah campus. I did not received his e-mail. I think he will return your e-mail soon. :xf:

Hi Lymmys,

I e-mailed him late friday and called him yesterday. He just returned my call today. He told me there are more than 50 candidates in front of me for Nevada and 30 candidates in front of me for Utah campus. I did not received his e-mail. I think he will return your e-mail soon. :xf:

I'm still waiting on USN......or its AU for me :/ ....... IM REALLY HOPING I GET IN :oops: I emailed Dr.Deyoung saturday and he just responded back yesterday saying thank you for the kind words and continuing interest in the program :confused:

Hi Babygirl7eleven,

He called me and said "Thank you.......and the rank." He told me he received my email and my phone. Did he mention anything about your rank? Yes, I hope to get in this year. I am very tired to wait, but I guess I have to wait. Good luck to all of us.

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum and have lived in the US for almost 3 yrs, so I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to get into a pharmacy school. I'm gonna apply for USN pharmD for the fall 2010. Can you please share some of your experience with me? And if it's possible, can you also share your stats so that I know if I have any chance to get in?:D

I'm worried 'cauz I'm in college and not gonna earn a BA/BS degree.

Thanks a lot and congrats to those who got accepted.