Case Western MS in Medical Physiology 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anj_purpose

Reaction score
Hi there,

Posting to see if anyone has personal experience with this program and if recent applicants received acceptances yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was accepted today!!! I submitted on 6/20. Anyone else considering this program and how is the housing hunt?

Wondering if anyone could talk about the pros/cons of this program, as I'm strongly considering it.

I was also wanting to link to Ohio Heritage D.O. Is there some unofficial rule where a 3.5 in the MSMP grants guaranteed admission to the D.O?

Hello! I graduated from this program in 2020 and was accepted to my state’s M.D. school this cycle (my first choice school because I’m older, own a house about 6 miles from campus, and have significant professional, family, and friend connections in the area). I felt like the quality of education was outstanding, and my only regret is that I completed it 100% online while working in a clinical leadership role for the same academic medical center where I’ll be earning my M.D. The opportunities many of my in-person classmates had to shadow and do research with incredible mentors probably bolstered their applications even more than the coursework did for mine, so if an advisor thinks this program could help you get accepted to a professional school, attending in person may be even more beneficial. Worth mentioning that I never felt like a second-class student just because I wasn’t in-person; online education is something they’ve learned how to do very very well.
This degree massively increased my foundational knowledge and was likely a key reason I was accepted to medical school, so it’s hard for me to give an unbiased opinion of it. I don’t have any current knowledge of linkage programs, and the only potential “con” I’d mention is the cost. My job ended up paying nearly $10k in tuition reimbursement so that helped, but CWRU is an expensive school.
I’d be happy to try and answer specific questions, but maybe a more recent grad or current student will jump in.

Reactions: 1 user
@_Orexin_ Appreciate it. Could the program be condensed and done in 12 months, or that's too much? It does look like a fabulous program, but yeah, I'm really hoping I can link to Ohio Heritage DO afterward. I know some master's programs have some unwritten rules where you meet a certain benchmark and it's guaranteed afterward. The linkage agreement also states a 501 mcat, and I got just shy with a 500, so idk how they feel about that ha.