TouroCOM Harlem MS program 2024-25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wpw2021

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting this for yall. Lmk if you have any Qs about the program. Just graduated from the MS program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hiiiii, first of all I want to say congratulations on finishing! I'm going in this fall and I'm sooo nervous. As expected, I'm totally aware it's rigorous coursework, after all it's classes first year med students take. But how bad would you say it truly was? Did you meet the 3.45 benchmark for the DO program? Thank you!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hiiiii, first of all I want to say congratulations on finishing! I'm going in this fall and I'm sooo nervous. As expected, I'm totally aware it's rigorous coursework, after all it's classes first year med students take. But how bad would you say it truly was? Did you meet the 3.45 benchmark for the DO program? Thank you!!

Hi, thank you. It was definitely a grind, like literally everyday till the end of the program (other than the short winter break). But as long as you study everyday, keep up with the videos, and PRACTICE QUESTIONS you’ll be good. Yes I did meet it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I’m also considering the MS program at Harlem. And was wondering how the class/weekly schedule was like? Are the classes Mon through Fri in the morning or spread out throughout the day? Thanks!

Hi! I’m also considering the MS program at Harlem. And was wondering how the class/weekly schedule was like? Are the classes Mon through Fri in the morning or spread out throughout the day? Thanks!
Higher credit classes were usually 2x a day (lecture and lab) and then the lower 3/4 credit classes were all on Friday. We had Mondays and Thursdays off for the most part

Hi, thank you. It was definitely a grind, like literally everyday till the end of the program (other than the short winter break). But as long as you study everyday, keep up with the videos, and PRACTICE QUESTIONS you’ll be good. Yes I did meet it.
Thank you for responding!! Any tips on studying or how you studied? Did you still have time to do other things you enjoy?

Thank you for responding!! Any tips on studying or how you studied? Did you still have time to do other things you enjoy?

Went through PowerPoints and made sure I understood the material. And practice questions are key. Anki helped for lab stuff. Yeah I would say there’s some time to do other things but limited.

Higher credit classes were usually 2x a day (lecture and lab) and then the lower 3/4 credit classes were all on Friday. We had Mondays and Thursdays off for the most part
Thanks for your response! I was also wondering if the grading curve was harsh or did you think it was fair compared to your raw scores?

Thanks for your response! I was also wondering if the grading curve was harsh or did you think it was fair compared to your raw scores?

Yes, very fair. They would find the MS class average for an exam and let’s say the average was 80 and had a SD of 10. 80 would be a B+, 85 would be an A-, 90 would be an A.