2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know exactly how grading works at WashU for clinical years? I keep reading some that it is pass/fail, and some that it is pass/fail with distinctions

Members don't see this ad.

Damn looks like the fb group was around 130ish in May last year :/ already at 179 this year

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know exactly how grading works at WashU for clinical years? I keep reading some that it is pass/fail, and some that it is pass/fail with distinctions
The actual clerkships are full P/F and then you can get a distinction in a couple broad clinical skills areas that are aggregated across the clerkships. Current students have told me that they're basically a very easy "gold star" to get and basically for their own reference (WashU's surgical residency director said they don't care about them). So what matters is whether you passed a clerkship and your clinical eval from it (which are also apparently extremely positive).

Because for every other Monday announced decision date, “A” calls started the Thursday and Friday before.

Who knows what no calls today means.
Historically calls on Thursday come in pretty late, starting at like 7pm EST

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I await my rejection as I realize I never attended a conversations with admissions leadership session 😭😭 oops!

I await my rejection as I realize I never attended a conversations with admissions leadership session 😭😭 oops!
Don’t say this😭 I also never attended one and now you’ve given me something new to hyperventilate over 😭😭

Don’t say this😭 I also never attended one and now you’ve given me something new to hyperventilate over 😭😭
lmaooo no I thought I was the only one that didn’t go…. Im so happy other people also took it as optional ahahhahaha

I have a missed call from a 618 number :/ highly doubt its them but anyone else get a call w that area code?

Just got the A call! Interviewed early Feb
618 number? 😅

I swear if the one phone call i get today just happens to be a spam from belleville illinois (im from nowhere near there) i will go crazy

Got the A call just now! Interviewed early Feb!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on all the As! Anyone in this wave interview in Oct/Nov?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a little pessimistic about us November folks...

I have given up at this point with my early October interview. Just waiting for the R or WL, hopefully on Monday so I can move on. Congrats to those who got the A!!!
Sept interviewee and ditto-ing to this 🥲

For those who got the A call last night and today, congrats to you! Did your portal actually get updated?

For those who got the A call last night and today, congrats to you! Did your portal actually get updated?
Ik some people who got the A today in the morning and then a few hours later they also got the email ans portal update

Yes got the portal update earlier today. Good luck everyone !

Was accepted today but mine updated and I received the email!

Last edited:
Just got the R email 🤧🤧

Edit: sorry I think I was WL actually 🤣

• Care
  • Wow
Yet another WL smh. Congrats to all the A’s though!

• Care
i think they waitlist most people; does anyone know how many move

WL. Anyone know how likely it is to get in from the waitlist?

• Care
WL but I don’t see any place in the portal to confirm my wish to remain on the waitlist. Does anyone else see it yet?

• Care