2023-2024 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 Post-II R. Unfortunate.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
for the wl->R people, what did the email say? I didn't think they'd be rejecting people from the waitlist until after april 30th

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS WL-> R
for the WL --> R crew, did you guys just hear back today
Yes
for the wl->R people, what did the email say? I didn't think they'd be rejecting people from the waitlist until after april 30th
"The Committee on Admissions has carefully evaluated your application to Stanford Medicine and has decided to decline your application from further consideration. A position in the upcoming entering class will not be offered.

Each year we must decline many bright, promising, and accomplished applicants. I trust that you will find a place at a medical school where you will work towards a successful career in medicine. Please be aware that neither feedback on the application nor explanation of committee decisions will be provided to declined candidates.

We thank you for the time and energy invested in your application to Stanford Medicine and for your patience during the admissions process. We wish you the best in your pursuit of a career in medicine."

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
+1 OOS WL-> R

Yes

"The Committee on Admissions has carefully evaluated your application to Stanford Medicine and has decided to decline your application from further consideration. A position in the upcoming entering class will not be offered.

Each year we must decline many bright, promising, and accomplished applicants. I trust that you will find a place at a medical school where you will work towards a successful career in medicine. Please be aware that neither feedback on the application nor explanation of committee decisions will be provided to declined candidates.

We thank you for the time and energy invested in your application to Stanford Medicine and for your patience during the admissions process. We wish you the best in your pursuit of a career in medicine."
they didnt deserve u my goat

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I got my financial aid package from Stanford. It is not as great as one of the other schools I have been accepted to which offers maximum unit loans (120k in total loans here versus 40k in total loans there). Has anyone had success with negotiating financial aid packages?

Was there a button we had to click to accept a position on the waitlist? Or were we automatically added to if after receiving the email?

Just processed the R probably the most painful one this cycle. Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there's a Stanford GroupMe/Facebook group? If so, does anyone have any estimates as to how many students are in the group? I’m trying to gage if there will be waitlist movement or not 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if there's a Stanford GroupMe/Facebook group? If so, does anyone have any estimates as to how many students are in the group? I’m trying to gage if there will be waitlist movement or not 😅
There’s like 130 ppl in it not including M1s

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew from Stanford! This one hurt the most bc it was my #1 choice, so hope whoever gets my seat enjoys it for the both of us :)!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A, good luck to everyone on the waitlist :)

any ideas of when the waitlist might start moving/if it will?

Reactions: 3 users
Just got call off the waitlist :)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
are they sending out rejections in waves or is the waitlist still open? i have yet to get a rejection (i interviewed later in february). i'm sick of waiting i'd almost prefer a rejection than this limbo state.

Reactions: 1 user