2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was your interview date after 2/15 (the third Thursday)? Wondering what my chance is of hearing a decision this Friday when I interviewed the first week of March.
Yes 2/29. Since the third Thursday is this week I think maybe the late Feb and March interviewers will hear?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got assigned to Peoria and yeah I’m bummed 😔 anyone know if we can do our rotations in Chicago as a M3/M4?
For M3, you will do all your rotations in Peoria. This is actually a great thing. You’ll likely have more opportunity to work one on one with attendings and get great letters. Not to say you can’t do that in Chicago, but it’s just easier on a smaller campus. In M4, you can choose to do your rotations in the city pending that space is available. Chicago students will have first pick of Chicago electives.

Just spoke with someone familiar with admissions today and they told me that they’re wrapping up interviews with the last round set for this month.

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry- I am new... will they send out acceptances today? tomorrow? Next week? What's the trend?

Sorry- I am new... will they send out acceptances today? tomorrow? Next week? What's the trend?
the adcom meets every third thursday of the month and decisions are usually released that friday

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What time should we expect to hear back

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance email!! OOS applicant, super happy to have my first A! Interviewed 3/8

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
When is campus assignment usually done?

You right… just been following the trends most are released with an hour or so of fist SDN post it seems like 💪
Mine was like 3 hours after the first post last month and I was on DD since Nov. dont lose hope!

Will most of the DD's turn into A's in April/May? Given the ~80% post-II acceptance rate.

How long does it take to get your campus assignment after you submit your preference

For those who got accepted and placed at their first choice campus, did you write anything to support your choice? I don't really have anything new to add but am curious if writing at least something would help my case.

For those who got accepted and placed at their first choice campus, did you write anything to support your choice? I don't really have anything new to add but am curious if writing at least something would help my case.
I didn’t write anything

Reactions: 1 user
Is the next COA meeting going to be the last one? I am on DD now so does that mean after that meeting I’ll either get the A or waitlist? Or could I get DD again?

Reactions: 1 user