2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also just got accepted to Chicago via a phone call. Probably going to decline as my instate school is so much cheaper and they did not send any financial aid info.

Reactions: 6 users
so they only called 2 people sad been waiting for like 9 months

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How many of ya'll had already PTE somewhere else?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how long it takes to get a financial aid offer? I don't want to accept and pull out of my current PTE if the financial aid is not there.

This was my first, but if my in-state offers me... the spot is free

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if offers today are to people without acceptances 🤔

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students know roughly how many students get off the WL?

I can't tell you an exact number as we haven't taken any polls or stuff like that, but one of my classmates got in off the WL in late June, and I believe another student got in a little later in July. I don't want to give false hope, but all hope is not lost if you're on the WL.

Like the normal wisdom states, prepare for next cycle as though you don't have an A until you have an A. Best of luck!

Looking for roomates for the Chicago campus. How do most accepted students figure out their housing situations? I know they made a slack groupchat but will there be a groupme or something else that's more commonly used to communicate?

^ piggy backing: can you DM me the slack? & can someone send me the GroupMe or Facebook group if there is one?
Looking for roomates for the Chicago campus. How do most accepted students figure out their housing situations? I know they made a slack groupchat but will there be a groupme or something else that's more commonly used to communicate?

got off the waitlist for my top choice after accepting the A here. Now this might be a silly question, but how do I withdraw my application? I am going to send an email to medadmit and Dr. Thompson but there's no button on the portal, anything else I need to do?

Last edited:
got off the waitlist for my top choice after accepting the A here. Now this might be a silly question, but how do I withdraw my application? I am going to send an email to medadmit and Dr. Thompson but there's no button on the portal, anything else I need to do?
Which campus? If there’s a withdraw button on your portal I’d do that as well

I emailed admissions. They confirmed and it showed up on AMCAS as “Withdrawn after acceptance”

Could you send me the slack as well please

Are you URM or anything like that?
I was accepted pre 4/30 so my timeline was a lil different. However, I had the same issue as medapp22, OOS (and myself ORM) tuition was too high and was only offered loans. I did reach out via email and the portal to see if there was any scholarships or anything they could offer but they didn’t respond.

In the end I emailed again re w/d and I committed to enroll at a state school (tuition was 30k less a year).

UIC seems like a great place, hope those who are in enjoy and the rest of you are blessed by the WL gods!

I was accepted pre 4/30 so my timeline was a lil different. However, I had the same issue as medapp22, OOS (and myself ORM) tuition was too high and was only offered loans. I did reach out via email and the portal to see if there was any scholarships or anything they could offer but they didn’t respond.

In the end I emailed again re w/d and I committed to enroll at a state school (tuition was 30k less a year).

UIC seems like a great place, hope those who are in enjoy and the rest of you are blessed by the WL gods!
Dang they really want OSS tuition lol

Are we expecting WL movement this week?
I was hopefully something would happen today because people have already started rescinding their A’s but I guess not.. some schools closed last week so we might not hear anything back for a while granted in 2022 waitlist movement seemed random past May 10th