Worrying about girls during pharmacy school. Talk me out of it.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOnlinePharmacist

P4
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes. I actually made this post on SDN. Because I need adult help, and not any of that Reddit or Yahoo answers fake ****.

This post is pretty self explanatory. I’m currently a P1 in pharmacy school. I highly doubt I have time to worry or fall for some of the cuties in my class, especially because I know I will never end up with any of them (in the long run.) I walked into pharmacy school thinking everyone would be more mature and less flirting but some of these girls are already trying to lead me on. Literally today was the first day of actual class, like...seriously? Distractions already? for F*CK’S SAKE. I’ve been through enough drama and headache in undergrad and honestly we all know a solid 7 can really distract us from studying if we let her. And I have a solid 9 sitting right next to me in class. >.>

Anyways, I’m trying to come up. I want to be a legend. I have bigger plans. But there are some solid 8’s and 9’s in this class that aren’t helping me with that. I call upon all of you experienced ALPHA MALES, assemble! Help a little brother out. How did you guys who have been through OR are currently going through pharmacy school deal with this? Anything helps. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So, you’re currently attending a 4 year program - the 4th year would be rotations - what happens if you date one of them or bang one and something happens between y’all? It’s going to be a long 3 years...

My advice - stay away from the girls in your class for the first year - if something develops unintentionally then so be it - but definitely don’t pursue anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
I’d personally be more worried if there are going to be jobs when I graduate so that I can pay back my loans. That just me though...

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I generally advise married couples that it is the exception and not the rule for marriages to last through pharmacy school.

I also advise all students that while they can deny their desire, there is a cost to that, and there should be a productive way to deal with it.

And, while I don't necessarily agree with your judgment on the quality, proximity goes a long way and you need to distinguish the two. Let the novelty wear off a little before diving in...or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Disregard females. Acquire knowledge and gains.

But seriously, if you have discipline there's nothing wrong with dating during school. Just constantly have in the back of your mind what matters. Have you prepared/studied for the day? No? Then sorry, don't hit her up. Not to mention, having priorities and being serious about school/other hobbies, while they may limit the amount of time you have to date, are actually things that most women find attractive. It tells others that you have your life together, you're disciplined and you're confident in yourself because you're not constantly hitting up girls and coming off as "thirsty".

Date if you want. But it should be a 4th or 5th priority behind: (1) School (2) Gains (3) Family/Good Friends (4-5) Passionate Hobby (4-5) Dating

Obviously that's my opinion on order of importance but I think you get the idea I'm trying to convey.

Reactions: 2 users
I did all that **** my last year when I lost 40 lbs but nothing lasting.

I think there were 5 couples that met during pharmacy school (out of the people I knew) and ended up married after graduation, one married already, and a few others where they were able to maintain that HS sweetheart thing. I knew of a few who dropped out because they were too focused on getting their dick wet and having fun.

Anyways, I’m trying to come up. I want to be a legend. I have bigger plans. But there are some solid 8’s and 9’s in this class that aren’t helping me with that.

The 8's and 9's aren't helping you with that!?! Haha bro you've got the cuties all ranked up on day one. YOU aren't helping you.

So, you’re currently attending a 4 year program - the 4th year would be rotations - what happens if you date one of them or bang one and something happens between y’all? It’s going to be a long 3 years...

My advice - stay away from the girls in your class for the first year - if something develops unintentionally then so be it - but definitely don’t pursue anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true. Great comment.

I’d personally be more worried if there are going to be jobs when I graduate so that I can pay back my loans. That just me though...

Hahahahahahaha the realest of them all!! You make it sound simple for some reason.

I generally advise married couples that it is the exception and not the rule for marriages to last through pharmacy school.

I also advise all students that while they can deny their desire, there is a cost to that, and there should be a productive way to deal with it.

And, while I don't necessarily agree with your judgment on the quality, proximity goes a long way and you need to distinguish the two. Let the novelty wear off a little before diving in...or not.

I like this. “Let the novelty wear off a little before diving in..” Perfect!

Disregard females. Acquire knowledge and gains.

But seriously, if you have discipline there's nothing wrong with dating during school. Just constantly have in the back of your mind what matters. Have you prepared/studied for the day? No? Then sorry, don't hit her up. Not to mention, having priorities and being serious about school/other hobbies, while they may limit the amount of time you have to date, are actually things that most women find attractive. It tells others that you have your life together, you're disciplined and you're confident in yourself because you're not constantly hitting up girls and coming off as "thirsty".

Date if you want. But it should be a 4th or 5th priority behind: (1) School (2) Gains (3) Family/Good Friends (4-5) Passionate Hobby (4-5) Dating

Obviously that's my opinion on order of importance but I think you get the idea I'm trying to convey.

DISREGARD FEMALES, AQUIRE KNOWLEDGE AND GAINS. I’ve been trying to make this my motto for a long time but I always end up getting caught up with a girl somehow. You’re right though. There has to be a way to balance it out, but I don’t imagine I’d figure it out anytime during my first year.

The 8's and 9's aren't helping you with that!?! Haha bro you've got the cuties all ranked up on day one. YOU aren't helping you.

Well considering we went through a rigorous orientation week full of team-building activities BEFORE the first day of class, I think I’ve met almost every single one of the 120 others in class. When I say full of team building activities I mean FULL. They really made us interact with one another. But you may be right, I need more tunnel vision.

My rule was always this: don’t **** where you eat.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,
Yes. I actually made this post on SDN. Because I need adult help, and not any of that Reddit or Yahoo answers fake ****.
This post is pretty self explanatory. I’m currently a P1 in pharmacy school. I highly doubt I have time to worry or fall for some of the cuties in my class, especially because I know I will never end up with any of them (in the long run.) I walked into pharmacy school thinking everyone would be more mature and less flirting but some of these girls are already trying to lead me on. Literally today was the first day of actual class, like...seriously? Distractions already? for F*CK’S SAKE. I’ve been through enough drama and headache in undergrad and honestly we all know a solid 7 can really distract us from studying if we let her. And I have a solid 9 sitting right next to me in class. >.>
Anyways, I’m trying to come up. I want to be a legend. I have bigger plans. But there are some solid 8’s and 9’s in this class that aren’t helping me with that. I call upon all of you experienced ALPHA MALES, assemble! Help a little brother out. How did you guys who have been through OR are currently going through pharmacy school deal with this? Anything helps. Thanks!
Hahaha, wow.

You can't just find some random girl(s) at the entire university/town who also doesn't have time for a real relationship to be your friend with benefits? That was basically my first 2 years of college.

Reactions: 1 users
All girls are nice and flirtatious when they first meet you just in case you have something to offer them yet (i.e. old exams, drinks, transportation, etc.).

That facade subsides when they are certain you provide them no monetary benefits.

Reactions: 6 users
Hello,

Yeah... so if you're having issues being distracted because of hot girls... in a professional school... what advise would one give? stfu and study? lol You named yourself "SwolePharmacist" and you're here asking what you need to do to get over your hard on for hot chicks... such an oxymoron lol Maybe workout less, make yourself look less attractive... then those hot chicks will leave you alone.

That being said, fwb nor fb were never an issue while being in school... so... just do it? lol good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
New best thread of 2018? Get your votes in now.

Reactions: 7 users
You can't just find some random girl(s) at the entire university/town who also doesn't have time for a real relationship to be your friend with benefits? That was basically my first 2 years of college.

That’s a bit tough. Maybe there is a “web” of so-called friends with benefit candidates, but I’ve no clue where to begin to look. Any tips?

IMO much easier to find a future spouse in school than afterwards, so might as well do it while you can. Good pharmacists know how to multitask.

Don't do it....
instead, hit up the upperclassmen (or should i say upperclasswomen) instead!

Lol I’m going to have to stop you right there sir. You’ve just violated a MAJOR bro code. Sit down and reevaluate your life for a second.

You're a p1 who's too horny or too perverted to focus on school and you're telling me to sit and reevaluate my life huh? bro code? b!tch, please, you just broke a major "professional" code. You better hope I ain't your preceptor one day... b/c your ****ty as BRO CODE ain't gonna do **** helping you pass...

This thread reminds me of a guy I knew in pharmacy school.
Always lifting, always talking about being around girls, loved to party.
The dude was Lord of Friendzone manor and Duke of Justfriendsburgh.

All girls are nice and flirtatious when they first meet you just in case you have something to offer them yet (i.e. old exams, drinks, transportation, etc.).
That facade subsides when they are certain you provide them no monetary benefits.
Yikes.
Mighty wanna hide that level outside of SDN.

MAybe, just maybe, the reason women wouldn't want a guy like you're describing is that he considers them subservient "less-thans" because of his own self-image issues?

Who knows. All theoretical.

You're a p1 who's too horny or too perverted to focus on school and you're telling me to sit and reevaluate my life huh? bro code? b!tch, please, you just broke a major "professional" code. You better hope I ain't your preceptor one day... b/c your ****ty as BRO CODE ain't gonna do **** helping you pass...

Aren't you undergrad?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
The dude was Lord of Friendzone manor and Duke of Justfriendsburgh.

Yikes.

MAybe, just maybe, the reason women wouldn't want a guy like you're describing is that he considers them subservient "less-thans" because of his own self-image issues?

Aren't you undergrad?

Yup. Howd you know?

OP sounds like he's gonna get played for drama and games.

Are you good looking? Have you ever dated 8's and 9's to know what's up? Are you willing to risk your professional reputation over antics? Have you fully experienced attention seeking behavior in all its glory? Are you aware of how much gossip and drama women are capable of? Have you seen the type of people who get into relationships in professional school?

Are you good looking? Have you ever dated 8's and 9's to know what's up? Are you willing to risk your professional reputation over antics? Have you fully experienced attention seeking behavior in all its glory? Are you aware of how much gossip and drama women are capable of? Have you seen the type of people who get into relationships in professional school?

Brings up valid points. I valued (and still do) my peace of mind and professional reputation. Hence why I stick with the "Don't **** where you eat" motto.

Do not ever commit PHARMACEST.

When the relationship goes sour, do you want your whole class finding out your penis size?

:eyebrow: Maybe.

Yikes.

Why do you think I'm on SDN?

So much wrong with this thread, mostly objectifying people based on superficial details...
Bro, focus god damn it - prioritize. There's plenty of time for relationships later in life; **** peer pressure

I wish girls liked me

Definitely score as many as you can... this isn't really a big deal. If a girl likes you, you can get away with minimal effort anyway.

In 4 years, no one will care. You move on, she move on. Or, you might end up marrying one, which isn't a bad deal.

So many girls want to hook up but I’m just trying to study!
I call bull**** on this entire thread. None of you have ever touched a boob.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
IMO much easier to find a future spouse in school than afterwards, so might as well do it while you can. Good pharmacists know how to multitask.

I’m a part of a different culture, and I know for a FACT I’ll never marry any girls in this class or the whole school for that matter. The only one who is a serious possibility is a P2 who is from the same culture, but I don’t see her around much so nothing will form without any chemistry.

Don't do it....
instead, hit up the upperclassmen (or should i say upperclasswomen) instead!

Lol what’s the reason behind this?

LOL thank you, I think?

I dunno man, too many fish in the sea out there for me to every consider dating someone in the same college of pharmacy as me.

Yes, legend is a compliment.

But I share the same thoughts. For a different reason though. Like I mentioned above: I’m wired differently from a different culture, so even though I could pass as white, since I lived in the US my whole life, I still follow a different culture and In the long run, I would like to marry someone from the same culture. Just personal preference.

However, even though I know my long term plans, I still tend to fall for some girls. I always tell myself I’ll just be their best friend but it never just stops there. They always ending up making more and more out of it. I guess this might boil down to a personal problem lol. Fml.

I don’t even know why you’re on this thread...

I call upon all of you experienced ALPHA MALES, assemble!

I don’t know you in real life and definitely don’t know how you look (definitely don’t want to know, god forbid,) but just by the way you type I can tell you don’t qualify for any of the people I called upon to have their input here. Go study some Gen chem or something. Away with you, keyboard warrior!

The dude was Lord of Friendzone manor and Duke of justfriendsburgh

Lol i’m assuming you picture me as a large dude who parties and talks about all the broads he pulls, let’s just say... don’t judge me by my SDN username. I’m actually not very swole. I’m very quiet in real life, definitely never “talking about being around girls,” except on SDN because I need some serious advice, and I don’t party. Probably the chillest guy you’ll ever meet if you knew me. Online profiles can be deceiving.

Damn this is deep. My answer to all these questions is no, though. Can you foresee my future now? :p

Brings up valid points. I valued (and still do) my peace of mind and professional reputation. Hence why I stick with the "Don't **** where you eat" motto.

He really does. And I really do value my peace of mind and professional reputation but I guess the only difference between you and I is that I’m unsure of how to...cancel out all the noise; if you may. Any tips?

By the way, I like your motto, it makes a lot of sense, but I’m not so sure what the “****” part of the motto would translate to in my situation. Further explanation would be nice! Haha

Do not ever commit PHARMACEST.

When the relationship goes sour, do you want your whole class finding out your penis size?

Hahahahahaha this actually made my day. Pharmacest is a new word added to my vocabulary list. This is great.

So much wrong with this thread, mostly objectifying people based on superficial details...
Bro, focus god damn it - prioritize. There's plenty of time for relationships later in life; **** peer pressure

I knew this post would attract lots of those topics but I valued me trying to learn a lesson from experienced guys out there more than the wrong things that will go on in the thread haha.

But thanks for the words of wisdom! That hit the spot.

I’m a part of a different culture, and I know for a FACT I’ll never marry any girls in this class or the whole school for that matter. The only one who is a serious possibility is a P2 who is from the same culture, but I don’t see her around much so nothing will form without any chemistry.

Lol what’s the reason behind this?

Yes, legend is a compliment.

But I share the same thoughts. For a different reason though. Like I mentioned above: I’m wired differently from a different culture, so even though I could pass as white, since I lived in the US my whole life, I still follow a different culture and In the long run, I would like to marry someone from the same culture. Just personal preference.

However, even though I know my long term plans, I still tend to fall for some girls. I always tell myself I’ll just be their best friend but it never just stops there. They always ending up making more and more out of it. I guess this might boil down to a personal problem lol. Fml.

I don’t even know why you’re on this thread...

I don’t know you in real life and definitely don’t know how you look (definitely don’t want to know, god forbid,) but just by the way you type I can tell you don’t qualify for any of the people I called upon to have their input here. Go study some Gen chem or something. Away with you, keyboard warrior!

Why are you even on this forum? again, why is ******* p1 talking **** to pharmacists about not being able to fck girls and study at the same time. When you start getting real $$ and real pu$$y, come back and talk. Btw, you need to post pics for this to be even legit. Pics or didnt happen.

!!!UPDATE!!!!

Thanks everyone who came in here and took this post WITH a grain of salt for what it really is. For the most part, I’ve concluded from the [serious] comments that I should definitely prioritize studying, my future, my reputation, and pretty much myself in general over worrying about distracting things, or the opposite gender in this case. I think I have all other distractions taken care of; this is really just my biggest issue, and I’ll definitely be working on my laser focus more in the months to come.

This whole post was really made to try and have you more experienced guys who have already been through this give me some advice on what to do. And I wasn’t too drastically disappointed with the advice I got!

I’m sure some more people will still comment, and heck, let’s keep this thread going if we can! It’s entertaining to me as I’m sure it is to everyone else. Also, more advice would be cool too! :)

My god, just go for it if you want. There's plenty of time for dating and sex, it isn't like you're a damn monk. Just don't do anything stupid and don't piss anyone off. Plenty of marriages came out of medical school romances when I was a student, I doubt pharmacy would fare much differently.

Why are you even on this forum? again, why is ******* p1 talking **** to pharmacists about not being able to fck girls and study at the same time. When you start getting real $$ and real pu$$y, come back and talk. Btw, you need to post pics for this to be even legit. Pics or didnt happen.

The only person I’m really talking **** to here is you. And just judging by the way you’re typing on here and acting all immature, you’re the one who needs to post pictures of them being a “pharmacist.”

Let me put this into perspective for you buddy. I’m a P1 student working towards becoming a pharmacist who came on SDN to get some serious advice.

You’re a keyboard warrior on Student Doctor Network to make yourself feel better (since most people on this thread are actively working to better themselves,) who also self proclaims that he’s a pharmacist, while in reality you’re a little boy who has tried applying to pharmacy schools a plethora of times, failed, and now you live in your parents basement telling people that you’re a pharmacist and having some pleasure time with your right hand to trick your mind into feeling good. But you know deep down you’re a failure. You might be able to lie to some idiots on SDN, but you’ll never lie to me. And you’ll most definitely never lie to yourself. ;)

Last edited:
My god, just go for it if you want. There's plenty of time for dating and sex, it isn't like you're a damn monk. Just don't do anything stupid and don't piss anyone off. Plenty of marriages came out of medical school romances when I was a student, I doubt pharmacy would fare much differently.

As simple as that, huh? Haha. Thanks for the input Jack!

The only person I’m really talking **** to here is you. And just judging by the way you’re typing on here and acting all immature, you’re the one who needs to post pictures of them being a “pharmacist.”

Let me put this into perspective for you buddy. I’m a P1 student working towards becoming a pharmacist who came on SDN to get some serious advice.

You’re a keyboard warrior on Student Doctor Network to make yourself feel better (since most people on this thread are actively working to better themselves,) who also self proclaims that he’s a pharmacist, while in reality you’re a little boy who has tried applying to pharmacy schools a plethora of times, failed, and now you live in your parents basement telling people that you’re a pharmacist and having some pleasure time with your right hand to trick your mind into feeling good. But you know deep down you’re a failure. You might be able to lie to some idiots on SDN, but you’ll never lie to me. And you’ll most definitely never lie to yourself. ;)
Whoaaaaahhh

Lol thanks for that. I needed that after a long day of work. Sounds more like a self description to me than anything else.

No, after getting my BS and MS, i went to pharmacy school on my first try. Feels pretty successful being a PIC after working for a year... that not that defines my success. Making decent money, dated hot girls, married one, very involved in pharmacy community (this is where i have the upper hand and you need to be very careful) and im sure im WAY more atteactice than you are.

Let me give you the benefit of the doubt that you are actually in pharmacy school... once you pass ID, cardio and somehow manage to get through your rotations and pass naplex, I shall maybe remotely take you seriously... but until then... i guess keep on being a troll? Lol

Btw i had a new intern start today so i showed her this post along with my techs... they were entertained. Thanks.

No one needs to ask why people don't take pharmacists seriously. Just read this thread.