Why do women criticize men's choices in women so much?

woltej1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a good looking guy on my way to being a physician. I do pretty well with the ladies. Since I'm not sure where I'm going to living in a year I haven't been looking for anything serious recently and just been winging it when I go out on the weekend or meet a woman on my own. It doesn't seem to matter how good looking the woman is or what her story is, girls that I have known for a bit and hang out with often are always like you could do better or why are you with her. Honestly, a lot of the time I think it's because they'd rather have me make a move on them than a random girl, but sometimes it's from girlfriends that are engaged. I've been in 3 serious relationships between high school and college so I've never been the guy to bring a random girl home every weekend, so what's the deal with women putting down other women so much?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You're not very good at hiding your humblebrag

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a good looking guy on my way to being a physician. I do pretty well with the ladies. Since I'm not sure where I'm going to living in a year I haven't been looking for anything serious recently and just been winging it when I go out on the weekend or meet a woman on my own. It doesn't seem to matter how good looking the woman is or what her story is, girls that I have known for a bit and hang out with often are always like you could do better or why are you with her. Honestly, a lot of the time I think it's because they'd rather have me make a move on them than a random girl, but sometimes it's from girlfriends that are engaged. I've been in 3 serious relationships between high school and college so I've never been the guy to bring a random girl home every weekend, so what's the deal with women putting down other women so much?

People usually put down other people to make themselves feel better - not at all exclusive to women.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Men do this exact same thing. Look up "nice guy syndrome"

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly, a lot of the time I think it's because they'd rather have me make a move on them than a random girl, but sometimes it's from girlfriends that are engaged.

You are on track here. It is highly likely that the single girls are putting that girl down out of jealousy over your attention/affection. Your engaged friends (who I assume are very secure in their own loving, supportive relationships) could be noticing a character flaw that they fear you could be overlooking.

Peace and God bless

I guess the obvious answer would be that they want to get wit' u

But I have had crushes on guy friends who start dating other girls, and I would basically acknowledge that I was jealous to myself, move on, and not say anything to my guy friends because that is a very quick path to embarrassment town.

But I think that is because I am not in middle school, maybe.