This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If only there was still a thread out there that you could read before applying that would tell you the Georgetown only admits people who write letters of intent and they are the worst admissions department in america because of doing things like this. If only......

Rosalind Franklin is a million times worse.

Members don't see this ad.

. Everybody having to spend $150+ in fees that is profit for them and only getting accepted if you write a LOI is absolutely wrong and i don't know of another school that does that.

Mayo?

Reactions: 1 users
Lmfao Rosalind Franklin was awful this year with interviews and getting back to people. If you go to the school specific thread you will see it was the norm for people to wait 4-6 months to hear back after their interview. And many people were waitlisted. That’s hilarious you withdrew from consideration and then accepted you 3 days later.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmfao Rosalind Franklin was awful this year with interviews and getting back to people. If you go to the school specific thread you will see it was the norm for people to wait 4-6 months to hear back after their interview. And many people were waitlisted. That’s hilarious you withdrew from consideration and then accepted you 3 days later.

I withdrew from Penn State and 4 days later they sent me an II. I called admissions and they said that me withdrawing made them review my app for the first time for some reason. This was beginning of Feb and already had 2 acceptances so I told them that I wasn't interested in an interview and for them to honor my withdrawal. A week later they sent me an email saying thatvsince I didn't schedule my interview in the allotted time they were rejecting my application. So technically, that was my only rehection this cycle lmao.

Reactions: 12 users
I withdrew from Penn State and 4 days later they sent me an II. I called admissions and they said that me withdrawing made them review my app for the first time for some reason. This was beginning of Feb and already had 2 acceptances so I told them that I wasn't interested in an interview and for them to honor my withdrawal. A week later they sent me an email saying thatvsince I didn't schedule my interview in the allotted time they were rejecting my application. So technically, that was my only rehection this cycle lmao.

Lmao the old “you’re not breaking up with me, I’m breaking up with you!”

Reactions: 4 users

Haha that's pretty much how I saw it. Oh well, I had more luck this cycle than I could have dreamed. They missed the boat lol.

Reactions: 2 users

“No baby, I’m so sorry... I promise I’ll change. Just give me one more chance.”

Reactions: 1 users
I had a terrible interview experience at the University of Louisville a few years ago. Admissions staff were grouchy the entire day, snapping at students for asking questions. Interviews were delayed because an interviewer was running late (we think, they never really told us), and stuck us in the library for 4 hours. I was the last interviewee. One of my interviewers spent the entire 30 minutes ranting about insurance companies. After interviews we had a 10 minute lunch and a 15 minute tour of their dull, drab “campus” that made me depressed to think I might be going there. The day ended with some bizarre teamwork exercise that was so convoluted I had no idea what it had to do with getting into medical school. To top it all off, the director of admissions said on the interview day that we screen strictly so if you’ve gotten this far, you’d have to do/say something pretty bad in the interview to get outright rejected, most applicants at this point (december) are waitlisted. So I got rejected two weeks later (I clearly didn’t interview well and wasn’t even ready to go to medical school but also didn’t do/say something “pretty bad”) So when I called the director of admissions, I asked if there were any notes in my file about having a poor interview since she said it would be unlikely that we were outright rejected. Her response was, “You know everyone that interviews at our school doesn’t get in, right? You weren’t good enough and you weren’t accepted and there’s not much more I can tell you.”

Happy and excited to be going to a school that’s made me feel welcome and wanted two years later while feeling much more mature and ready!

Reactions: 3 users
Mandatory letters of intent with dictated timeframes. What a joke.