Where do people look for jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluecolourskies

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anywhere else besides linkedin, indeed, and state/federal job websites?

I am looking for forensic assessment work or inpatient.

Members don't see this ad.

State and professional association listservs and websites usually have job boards/postings. I also seem to get a lot of unsolicited emails from hiring firms for certain types of positions (e.g., corrections, government, large elder care facilities).

By forensic assessment, do you mean criminal or civil? If the latter, getting signed up with IME companies and getting your name and work product out there is probably a relatively standard in-road. If the former, I'd go back to state association listservs.

USAjobs for federal jobs. I have also seen many jobs come up in my specialty listervs. I get many of the same recruiters as @AcronymAllergy as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you tried looking at the website of your state's forensic hospital? I can see jobs in 3 of the states in which I am licensed.

Reactions: 1 user
State and professional association listservs and websites usually have job boards/postings. I also seem to get a lot of unsolicited emails from hiring firms for certain types of positions (e.g., corrections, government, large elder care facilities).

By forensic assessment, do you mean criminal or civil? If the latter, getting signed up with IME companies and getting your name and work product out there is probably a relatively standard in-road. If the former, I'd go back to state association listservs.
Hi sorry what are IME companies? First time I have heard that acronym!

And I meant criminal.

Hi sorry what are IME companies? First time I have heard that acronym!

And I meant criminal.
WisNeuro handled the response already, but as he said, IME = Independent Medical Evaluation. IME companies are third parties that essentially "match" their panel of experts (e.g., psychologists, physicians, audiologists, etc.) with companies seeking IMEs.

For criminal work, I've seen stuff come across my state listserv. Even if not interested in that specific work, reaching out to the people making those posts might be fruitful. And as you've already identified, state facility/government websites. Maybe tracking down names of other psychologists who do the criminal assessment work you're interested in, sending them an email/giving them a call, and offering to buy them lunch to talk about how they got into it.

WisNeuro handled the response already, but as he said, IME = Independent Medical Evaluation. IME companies are third parties that essentially "match" their panel of experts (e.g., psychologists, physicians, audiologists, etc.) with companies seeking IMEs.

For criminal work, I've seen stuff come across my state listserv. Even if not interested in that specific work, reaching out to the people making those posts might be fruitful. And as you've already identified, state facility/government websites. Maybe tracking down names of other psychologists who do the criminal assessment work you're interested in, sending them an email/giving them a call, and offering to buy them lunch to talk about how they got into it.
thank you so much (to everyone too) for the great ideas! :)