What's My Motivation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2tall

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I took the MCAT and applied in '02. I'm reapplying this year, but it's January the 6th and I haven't quite found the intense motivation that I had when I studied in '02. I know it'll kick in, because I'm NOT going through this process again. We'll do more in 2004...So what are some strategies you used, or will use to motivate yourself?

P.S. I'm glad I finally have the chance to post here. This website is great. This forum is the best.

Members don't see this ad.

2tall,

What are you studying for, the April 04 MCAT?

What I did was take about 3 hours a day (on average) and worked on the material for the MCAT. I had several study aids and also the Princeton Review books. I would spend a lot of time on verbal too, however. Some people, myself included, overlooked that section and it came back to haunt me. haha

Anyway, when I would lose motivation to study, I would sit back and think about how great it will be to become a doctor someday. The sacrifices we make now, will pay off big time in the future. The key is to not give up if medicine is really what you want to do. The MCAT is like organic chemistry.... nothing more than a weeder course to get you change majors, or in this case, forget medicine.

Remember, dont ever give up, if this is what you really want to do with the rest of your life. Good Luck to you.

Welcome to SDN!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you need to clarify what you are unmotivated in.... MCAT prep or courses you are taking now?