TUCOM-CA Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone applying to their masters program?

Members don't see this ad.

Island Dweller, Were you on the high waitlist? Also, for those of you who are not interested in attending Touro, please decline immediately, so space can open up for those who are anxiously waiting! thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
The movement has begun. I just received an email from Mr. H saying that I was accepted. I but I will be declining because I've already accepted a seat TUN. Tough call, both schools look great.

Thanks for the update! I hope there's more movement soon. Good luck to you and congratulations!

Island Dweller, Were you on the high waitlist? Also, for those of you who are not interested in attending Touro, please decline immediately, so space can open up for those who are anxiously waiting! thank you!

Yup, I was on the "High Alternate" list.

Island dweller, one more question: Around what time/month did you interview? (I'm on the high alternate list too and was wondering how they 'ranked' within this group). Thanks for your response.

anyone applying to their masters program?

which masters program are you referring to? the accelerated MPH?

no, the MSMHS(master of science in medical health science) program. What about you? are you applying to the accelerated MPH program?

Anyone else hear back from the waitlist? I hope there is more movement soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in February and was put on the high alternate waitlist. I found out on Monday that I was accepted.
I'm excited to be a member of the TUCOM-CA Class of 2014!

I interviewed in February and was put on the high alternate waitlist. I found out on Monday that I was accepted.

Congrats. I'm a high alternate as well waiting to hear back. Hoping for the best preparing for the worst. Do you know how long each student is given to respond?

Congratulations!! I'm also on the high waitlist and waiting to hear back. Did they contact you by phone or email?

Yah, me and a friend...I guess now I know 3 out of the 10 people! lol, lets make a fb group or something...

ok...well here it is: go on facebook and search for "Touro MS-MHS class of 2011"

I hope all 10 of us will join...

Did anyone else on the high alternate list here back? This wait is awful!

Congrats. I'm a high alternate as well waiting to hear back. Hoping for the best preparing for the worst. Do you know how long each student is given to respond?

They give you a week to respond.

I received a phone call saying that I had been accepted.

I wonder how many people there are in the first tier because I'm in the first tier and haven't heard anything back yet.

How do you guys know what tier you're in?

Were you 1st tier or 2nd tier of the high alternate list? Thank you!

I was on the first tier. I e-mailed Dr. Haight and that was all the information he could give me about the waitlist and my spot on it.

I was on the high priority list, I don't know what tier, but they called me last night at 5:30. They gave me until 8am this morning to decide. So I will part of the class of 2014!!!!!

I got the July update from Dean Haight. It doesn't reveal much!

Anyone else hear back from the high wait list?

I got in!! I received a phone call yesterday. I was on the first tier of the high waitlist. Good luck to all of the waitlisted students. I really hope you guys make it in too! There's still hope for everyone!

I got in!! I received a phone call yesterday. I was on the first tier of the high waitlist. Good luck to all of the waitlisted students. I really hope you guys make it in too! There's still hope for everyone!

Congrats! I really hope i'm next or soon up, im in the frist tier as well. IS it possible to move down on the alternate list? I was waitlisted pretty early (end of january).

congratulations! are there any others that are in the 1st tier? im in the 2nd :( im starting to think i should move on to plan b

Dr. Haight said that tiers don't really matter as of now, with only 2 weeks till orientation. He said that location is what really matters in people accepting or declining. Movement is also beginning to trickle down...but fellow wait-listers don't give up hope!

Anybody hear anything?? It's been awhile! I'm still waiting to hear something from Touro. :(