Salem Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Valkyrie55

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on Salem Health in Oregon?
Hospital Employed
600k starting
100k signing bonus
Doing own cases

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is this was a previous OAG site turned dumpster fire when they left and hospital tried to go “collaboration model.”

Members don't see this ad :)
Hospital Employed
600k starting
100k signing bonus
Doing own cases
I knew someone who worked there when it was OAG and loved both the hospital and city. No idea what it is like now. I do know they were using locums for a while

Hospital Employed
600k starting
100k signing bonus
Doing own cases
Locums is paying about 400/hr there. you can make an extra 300K by going locums and get the 1099 benefits

OAG dropped their contract at Salem 2 summers ago. OAG could not recruit or retain docs to staff Salem and therefore they had to prioritize their profit centers over others. Supposedly, OAG wanted a significant stipend increase to stay but hospital did not budge. Initially, the hospital tried to hire new docs for employment model at 575k with 7-8 weeks off. Now they upped salary and giving out 10 weeks vacation.

Salem Hospital has a huge campus and supposedly has the busiest ER on the west coast. They laughed at me when I asked them if they ever divert patients. You will be busy on call there.

Reactions: 1 user