Resolved, please delete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rideaselle

Reaction score
Resolved. Please remove.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I am also deciding between 2 different schools with very similar pros and cons between each that you have listed!
DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Colorado is the move

Thank you!

CU is a phenomenal program with tons of opportunities, and the proximity to amazing trails/sports can’t be beat. I do really worry that the high COL, exam schedule, and potential isolation could cause some mental hardships, though. But whether that’s enough to choose a lower-ranked (if ranking really even matters) school $50k more expensive and move across the country is tough.

Thank you!

CU is a phenomenal program with tons of opportunities, and the proximity to amazing trails/sports can’t be beat. I do really worry that the high COL, exam schedule, and potential isolation could cause some mental hardships, though. But whether that’s enough to choose a lower-ranked (if ranking really even matters) school $50k more expensive and move across the country is tough.
I feel like this situation is typically reversed in that the high prestige school/more expensive school requires moving across the country. I get the concerns over the cost of living, but Colorado still seems like the obvious choice to me.

I feel like this situation is typically reversed in that the high prestige school/more expensive school requires moving across the country. I get the concerns over the cost of living, but Colorado still seems like the obvious choice to me.

Thank you for your help! I agree that my perspective is pretty different from the standard situation many applicants are in. I’m realizing that I prefer VCU’s curriculum, amenities, and student body, and that I’m drawn to it largely for the experience of being able to live downtown, walk to campus, hospital, etc.

Im going to do some intense apartment hunting in CO the next few days to see if there’s anything within budget and a reasonable distance to campus. I learned today the LIC clerkship model has students either relocating or driving 1+ hr each way for their rotations during the second year, which will also make housing a little tough.

If I were to choose VCU over CU, do you think this would really have an impact on residency matching? The reason I ask is that a residency director told me programs only care about rank if a school is an Ivy League and that it doesn’t matter otherwise. I’m not sure how true this is, though. I’m also wondering if the difference in tuition cost is considerable enough that I should get over wanting to live close to campus, a tight knit student community, more time to visit my family, etc. all the other things I’ve listed throughout. Not really sure how to decide on that…

• Care
Just updated the original post to include ranking, total COA, and some more items on the schools.

Have to make a decision by the end of this weekend. I’m geekin

VCU sounds like the place where you will be happier. Remember that you're going to be there for a long time so don't go to a place that you don't like.