Post-bacc in IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlkaIL

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up a BA in psychology degree May 2004. I'd like to do a post-baccalaureate premed program. Has anyone done any programs in IL that they would recommend? I have a non science degree and need to get most of my pre-requisites. I heard about the Northwestern program and the St. Xavier program. I would appreciate any information on those kind of programs in IL from people who are in them or have been in them.

Alicja

Members don't see this ad.

hi! there are two postbacc programs that i know of, one of which i have just applied to: www.siumed.edu/medprep. the other is at uic--but you have to apply and get rejected to be considered for admission into the uic program. in any event, check out the aamc website for a comprehensive list of postbacc programs. if you have further questions, feel free to PM me.

hiram abiff

AlkaIL,

I PMed you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another Post-Bac program available around Chicago area is at Midwestern University, Downers Grove.

It's call the Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) program, here's their website:

http://www.midwestern.edu/il-biomed/

Loyola University Chicago has a post-bacc program. They also have a Prehealth committee to assist in applications.

:oops: :clap: :oops:

Is Loyola's post-bac program for those who have already completed the pre-med classes or for non-traditional students?

Chicago-girl

Post-bacc in general is for people with their Bachelors degree who want to take additional undergraduate courses, typically for med or law school. So, I guess my answer is, for nontraditional students.

Also the one at Finch/Chicago Medical School called the Applied Physiology but there is also one called MIS there.