***Official Columbia University c/o 2014 Acceptance Thread***

I got in to USC on 12/1, paid $500 deposit on 1/12, got accepted from Columbia on 1/22, and paid $2000 deposit again. I guess I'll be seeing you all in August. Think I made a good choice choosing Columbia over USC?

Another thing is about housing. I saw the threads from 2008 that Columbia send out housing application over snail mail in March. Do they still do that this year? Because it seems like I can apply online already...

http://www.cumc-housing.columbia.edu/index.html

I've been wondering about this too..

Members don't see this ad.

I just read the old posts from the Class of 2012 Acceptance thread that students would recieve housing application in April.

Any thoughts on that?

Fellow Columbians, I'm innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:love:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats right we're super heroes , you love us

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow Columbians, I'm innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:love:

------------------------
24/26/21
3.94 4.02

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats right we're super heroes , you love us

Congratz, join the facebook group yayy! See u in August!

I am ssssssssso happpy, thanks guys
I submitteed my application on October 16th, can't believe I made it
and can't wait to see you guys

I am ssssssssso happpy, thanks guys
I submitteed my application on October 16th, can't believe I made it
and can't wait to see you guys

Did you receive a packet or an envelope? When was your interview? Did u get the mail on the 24th?

Last edited:
Is Columbia still interviewing? Do they actually have seats left?

They are still interviewing and do have seats left. I interviewed on Feb 12th and got my acceptance two days ago! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I havn't heard from Columbia since my interview. It's been more than a month. Awww, I really hope I can get in:xf:.
Did everyone who's been accepted write a letter of interest to the Adcom after your interview?

it took Columbia about a month and a half to accept me after my interview

don't get discouraged you still have a chance

Does anyone have any idea when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

it took Columbia about a month and a half to accept me after my interview

don't get discouraged you still have a chance

Damn, it's been 5 weeks since I interviewed... I don't care if I am in or not. They just keep me waitin....

Its been 5 months since I interviewed. It could be worse.

For those who got into or have been waitlisted at Columbia.

Is the acceptance a letter or a package? What about the letter stating about being waitlisted? According to my grandmother who doesn't speak English at all, a letter of two pages just came in... Any ideas?

I am not gonna be home for the next couple of days and I just want to get an idea what it would be...

Thanks!

my waitlist letter had two pages in it. One saying I was waitlisted and another form that I filled out saying that I wanted to accept the waitlist position. I'm just saying that might be it.

@wanttobedmd - i get it now, but i totally misunderstood your sn for a moment as:

want to bed md

Thank you for clarifying that.

Do we know if there will be any movement for Columbia waitlist? Normally none, right?

i have no idea. McManus was really cryptic about when waitlisted people would have a chance. I'm assuming its once the whole class is full or if people dont want to put down a second deposit come when they are due May 1st I believe.

I interviewed 2-19 and was waitlisted. Just got a call on my cell (no e-mail) from Dr. McManus letting me know I was accepted! So others from the waitlist, keep and eye/ear out as calls may be coming out now. BTW I will be attending...OF COURSE.

did you write a letter or anything to mcmanus while on the waitlist?

Sent a brief e-mail expressing my continued interest in the school. Good opportunity to include anything you've done that isn't on your application as well like volunteering. (I didn't do this)

I just got an awesome and unexpected scholarship from Columbia! See you guys in the fall!

Columbia University College of Dentistry Class of 2014:thumbup::thumbup::D
Science GPA: 3.8
DAT: TS:24 AA:25 PAT:23

I just got an awesome and unexpected scholarship from Columbia! See you guys in the fall!

Columbia University College of Dentistry Class of 2014:thumbup::thumbup::D
Science GPA: 3.8
DAT: TS:24 AA:25 PAT:23

It's delicious Jeevs, isn't it !:D ( by the way it is college of dental medicine lol)

Just got the call from Mcmanus on 5/11...YAY!!!!

Got the call from Dr. McManus today!!! AHHHH!!! After months of pestering I'm finally in at my dream school!

Got the call from Dr. McManus today!!! AHHHH!!! After months of pestering I'm finally in at my dream school!

I am really happy that you got in; I know you've been waiting for it
congrats!:)

thanks, charmm! Now I've got a TON of paperwork to fill out