Medschoolitis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edgar

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

To those lucky ones who have been accepted to med school, do you find that it is hard to concentrate on your work? I haven't felt this way since I found out I got accepted to my college and found it hard to motivate myself to study. This is not good, I don't want to be a flake but it appears to be happening. Is there something wrong with me or do others have the same problem?

EDGAR

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Edgar,

If I hadn't seen your name attached to the end of that message I would have thought that I had typed it. I am a graduate student who is having a few motivation problems of my own. To complicate the problem I need to take 19 credits next semester and 16 over the summer to earn my degree before entering UNECOM this fall.

So in short, I know what you are going through. We have all worked hard to get to this point and now just want to get started. I almost wish that I had not received my acceptance so earlier....no I take that back, but you know what I am saying!

I am just trying not to think about next year and concentrate on the task at hand...day by day kinda thing. I will let you know if it works!

Fellow anxious student with motivation problems,
Matt

Hey guys,

Let me second everything you've said! I can't concentrate on anything. To make matters worse, I have to go to my job in telecommunications everyday and pretend that I like it! I've found myself numerous times sitting at my desk planning my move to Des Moines! I guess we should be enjoying our last months of freedom, but I can't wait until August. I suspect that we're not the only ones feeling like this...

Stef

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Stef, so you'll be going to Des Moines?

Another graduate student, another one who finds it difficult to concentrate ... yep, that's me.

Hi guys. I agree. I am so excited to be going to medical school that staying and taking courses like Botany that are required for my undergrad degree is driving me nuts. I just can't get motivated to study. The only thing that helps is the time I spend with a few local DO's once a week.

Carrie

Hi Viv,

Yep, I made up my mind. UOMHS it is. It was a tough decision, but it came down to some factors other than the schools themselves. As Gregory pointed out in one of his posts, being near family is important and I have grandparents in Iowa. Having travelled there alot as a child, it's a familiar place, too. Have you decided what to do yet?

Stef

Jen,
I am getting a degree in Biology and am only taking Botany because it is required by the biology department for graduation. It is acutually a 100 level course that I just put off because I really don't like the subject. Sorry if I confused you.

Carrie

I know exactly how all of you feel! I am working as a middle school science teacher and just found out I got into NSU-COM. I've been so excited I've been partying with my kids and letting them not do much work! I have 5 months left of work and I can't wait! I'm sure once I start I'll long for my freedom but right now I'mfeeling very impatient. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one whofeels this way! -Brooke

Hey Guys!
I completly understand what ya'll are going through. I'm into cancer research and I love my job but ever since I got accepted in November all I can think of is how I'm going to mouve, where I'm going to live, how I'm going to plan everyting...PLAY on the Internet...CAN'T wait to start school...Anyway, from what I saw above I don't think that any further explaination is necessary.
-Nicolas-