Maine medical Center -med-peds anyone invited for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochamuffins

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone submitted their ERAS to Maine Medical Center and heard anything? I submitted mine at the end of the september. I thought I would hear something by now since I know they have few interview dates. I am also concerned since I have done a few rotations there and have met the PD. If I dont hear by next week, is it reasonable to call or stop by the office, since I am there anyway and ask if my application will be considered or is that frowned upon?

any insights would be much appreciated,
-d
:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Just my two cents...

Take a deep breath and relax--I have had to do that numerous times these past weeks myself. I submitted my application early September and still have not heard from programs--so I don't think it's abnormal not to have heard from Maine Medical Center yet. Who knows the order programs look at applications and when they do so, we all try to make sense out of something that isn't that straightforward. I would wait until after your Dean's letter is out and if you haven't heard from them by then, go ahead and contact them. By then, they have all your application materials and your efforts show your interest without coming off as pesky. I was told by a former residency director that program coordinators HATE being asked questions related to "am I going to get an interview?" If you are doing an audition rotation, nothing is better than to not be distracted by this process and perform your best on the rotation (easier said than done, of course!) Nothing like fellow colleagues reporting back to the PD on your performance!

Best wishes!

I submitted in early/mid sept (forget the exact date), and received an invite from Maine for Med-Peds last week. They had one of my LORs but no Dean's Letter (my school is super slow at those things). I'm not sure about their timeline. I did notice that they don't have many interview dates, which was kind of weird. Good luck!