Landing back on my feet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackhawksfan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was let go from a retail chain at the beginning of the month for not following company policy of writing a report for a misfill (i left a note on the floater pharmacist sheet but DM said pharmacy manager didn't find a note and Dm let me go) when I was always instructed to make a note on my floating pharmacist sheet... worked as a pharmacist for over a year of experience... I am licensed in two states both of which are pretty saturated (MO and IL)... besides constantly applying anyone have any advice on how to bounce back?

Members don't see this ad.

I was let go from a retail chain at the beginning of the month for not following company policy of writing a report for a misfill (i left a note on the floater pharmacist sheet but DM said pharmacy manager didn't find a note and Dm let me go) when I was always instructed to make a note on my floating pharmacist sheet... worked as a pharmacist for over a year of experience... I am licensed in two states both of which are pretty saturated (MO and IL)... besides constantly applying anyone have any advice on how to bounce back?

That sucks. I am not surprised. For a moment I thought you were talking about my boss.. I am sorry this happened to you. To anyone who reads this, leaving notes behind is never enough. Using your company email, report the incident to DM and pharmacy manager. Only take picture of the note if you have a company phone. You could fax it to the pharmacy as well and it will show up on the queue.
Is there not a video? Every pharmacy has at least 14 video cameras. There is no way that there is no record of you leaving the note.

Your first step is to apply for unemployment ASAP. There is usually a waiting period of one week and then you get your first check. This means it takes about two weeks to get your first check from the time you file until the funds reach your bank account. Unemployment insurance is money you have paid into the system. It's your money. It's not very much but it should help if your expenses are low.

Apply to staffing agencies, other retailers, be willing to move, apply to hospitals in small towns. You will find something.

All the best.

Reactions: 1 user
They fire you for one missfill? Really?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No, the reason the company claims he is getting fired is not for one fill error. It is for "failing to report the error through appropriate channels in a timely manner". Some company's have that listed as grounds for immediate termination -on the spot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stuff like this is an easy "out" for DMs to get rid of people they don't want. "Auto"-termination for not securing the pharmacy. "Auto"-termination for not reporting a misfill (hint: it's up to the DM to apply the accountability or look the other way)

Stuff like this is an easy "out" for DMs to get rid of people they don't want. "Auto"-termination for not securing the pharmacy. "Auto"-termination for not reporting a misfill (hint: it's up to the DM to apply the accountability or look the other way)

Exactly. Restroom use. Going out to the aisles and leaving the pharmacy unattended. If DM likes the PM, well...

Politics as usual. Sucks. But only advice I can give when you land your next job is to document. I wished I would of done it sooner.

That sucks. I am not surprised. For a moment I thought you were talking about my boss.. I am sorry this happened to you. To anyone who reads this, leaving notes behind is never enough. Using your company email, report the incident to DM and pharmacy manager. Only take picture of the note if you have a company phone. You could fax it to the pharmacy as well and it will show up on the queue.
Is there not a video? Every pharmacy has at least 14 video cameras. There is no way that there is no record of you leaving the note.

Your first step is to apply for unemployment ASAP. There is usually a waiting period of one week and then you get your first check. This means it takes about two weeks to get your first check from the time you file until the funds reach your bank account. Unemployment insurance is money you have paid into the system. It's your money. It's not very much but it should help if your expenses are low.

Apply to staffing agencies, other retailers, be willing to move, apply to hospitals in small towns. You will find something.

All the best.
I applied for unemployment but the retail chain is fighting it with the state saying I didn’t follow company policy so I’m not sure if I’ll get it. There are cameras but from my understanding the video is too small to see what’s written and if it was tossed out with other sheets of paper by someone else. Thanks for the advice I’ve learned a lesson the hard way that most companies don’t care for their employees and you really have to cover yourself.

I applied for unemployment but the retail chain is fighting it with the state saying I didn’t follow company policy so I’m not sure if I’ll get it. There are cameras but from my understanding the video is too small to see what’s written and if it was tossed out with other sheets of paper by someone else. Thanks for the advice I’ve learned a lesson the hard way that most companies don’t care for their employees and you really have to cover yourself.

Employers always try to dispute it but believe me when I tell you this. The people at the unemployment office are usually on your side and have heard every possible story of unfair termination. They will dispute it and the unemployment office will say "yeah whatever, you're paying your share anyhow".
Check out their resources. They usually have workshops on networking, resume writing skills and salary negotiation skills. If anything, attending those will get you out of the house. Seeing others in the same boat and trying to get ahead will help.

You have to be a fool to think you can make it 20 years in chain retail from today

No, the reason the company claims he is getting fired is not for one fill error. It is for "failing to report the error through appropriate channels in a timely manner". Some company's have that listed as grounds for immediate termination -on the spot.
This totally sounds like Walmart!!! Other places do this shiit too?

There's no way you get fired for not reporting misfill. There's has to be more. I know plenty of pharmacists including myself who failed to report mistakes. The DM could care less if they like you and want you around. There has to be more to this story. What kind of company is this stupid to fire someone over this.

Reactions: 1 users
There's no way you get fired for not reporting misfill. There's has to be more. I know plenty of pharmacists including myself who failed to report mistakes. The DM could care less if they like you and want you around. There has to be more to this story. What kind of company is this stupid to fire someone over this.
Yes they can fire you if it is a severe mistake and you dont report it. A cvs rph lost his job for failing to report a mistake. Patient was hospitalized

WM you can be fired for not reporting a misfill regardless of severity

Hello,
I have a dilemma and would like some advice. I worked as a pharmacy intern my last year of school and decided to let the job go because I relocated back to my home town after graduation last year. I also left because I wanted to focus on passing the Naplex/ MDmpje. Now that I'm licensed I'm applying to the different job openings on indeed etc however, not getting any leads. Is there any advice someone can give to help me with my job search. Currently I'm working on getting my immunization certificate and will be obtaining other advance training but in the mean time I'm not sure what I'm doing that's making me not get a job. I had an interview last week but have yet to hear from the interviewer so I'm assuming I didn't get the job ( even though I thought the interview went well.

Thanks

Hello,
I have a dilemma and would like some advice. I worked as a pharmacy intern my last year of school and decided to let the job go because I relocated back to my home town after graduation last year. I also left because I wanted to focus on passing the Naplex/ MDmpje. Now that I'm licensed I'm applying to the different job openings on indeed etc however, not getting any leads. Is there any advice someone can give to help me with my job search. Currently I'm working on getting my immunization certificate and will be obtaining other advance training but in the mean time I'm not sure what I'm doing that's making me not get a job. I had an interview last week but have yet to hear from the interviewer so I'm assuming I didn't get the job ( even though I thought the interview went well.

Thanks
depending on what region you are applying in you may be doing nothing wrong. you gotta realize that in many places job posts get tons of resumes. its not like it used to be and your best asset is any and i mean any contacts you made throughout jobs/ schooling. have no shame ask everyone , also a lot of jobs are filled either internally or through recommended applicants which is why you gotta use all your resources. try not to get down about it , its not easy but its todays market reality. good luck

I agree. There probably was another reason they wanted to get rid of you. I would apply for unemployment just because the manager stated he couldn't find it, doesn't mean you didn't report it. Hell maybe he found it and tossed it.

depending on what region you are applying in you may be doing nothing wrong. you gotta realize that in many places job posts get tons of resumes. its not like it used to be and your best asset is any and i mean any contacts you made throughout jobs/ schooling. have no shame ask everyone , also a lot of jobs are filled either internally or through recommended applicants which is why you gotta use all your resources. try not to get down about it , its not easy but its todays market reality. good luck

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your feedback