Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,
i am thinking about these schools:

Albert Einstein
Drexel University
jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
Morehouse
Penn Stat
Rosalind
Temple
Tulane
University of MD
UVA
UT southwestern
Vanderbit University
VCU
WVU

Anyone planning to apply to any of these?? or any comment of suggestion? i am a VA resident.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

Albert Einstein
Drexel University
jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
Morehouse
Penn Stat
Rosalind
Temple
Tulane
University of MD
UVA
UT southwestern
Vanderbit University
VCU
WVU

Anyone planning to apply to any of these?? or any comment of suggestion? i am a VA resident.

I bolded the ones I'm applying to. :) I think Bryson is a VA resident, too, but he's not around right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Albert Einstein
Drexel University
jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
Morehouse
Penn Stat
Rosalind
Temple
Tulane
University of MD
UVA
UT southwestern
Vanderbit University
VCU
WVU

i know nothing about you, so i'm going to say...

less than 30 schools...good. more than 5 schools, good. includes home school, good. ...ur... i'm all out of comments.

Hello everyone,

Albert Einstein
Drexel University
jefferson
Loyola

Meharry
Morehouse
Penn Stat
Rosalind
Temple
Tulane
University of MD

UVA
UT southwestern
Vanderbit University
VCU
WVU

Im applying to almost all of them (bolded)...list sounds good to me..

Why do mongorians break down my chity wall :(

i know nothing about you, so i'm going to say...

less than 30 schools...good. more than 5 schools, good. includes home school, good. ...ur... i'm all out of comments.

Well my GPA is 3.3, took mcat on may1st (so idk about that), and got good experiences and have really good recommenders. but i think i can't really be sure where i should apply until i get my mcat score.

thanks for the comment tho.

Ok. I need to be more decisive about schools. I keep letting people influence my decision. I really don't want to go to Tulane, but it's in state, so my parents were like "apply there." They are paying for it. But I really don't want to go there. Forgetting about the SDN partay (which btw I can still go to regardless since I'm only an hour away), is it even worth it to apply there? I mean I felt ok adding it because it was another mid-level school on my very top-heavy list, but I think I'd pick LSU-S over it anyway.

Ok. I need to be more decisive about schools. I keep letting people influence my decision. I really don't want to go to Tulane, but it's in state, so my parents were like "apply there." They are paying for it. But I really don't want to go there. Forgetting about the SDN partay (which btw I can still go to regardless since I'm only an hour away), is it even worth it to apply there? I mean I felt ok adding it because it was another mid-level school on my very top-heavy list, but I think I'd pick LSU-S over it anyway.

Unless your parents are forcing you i dont see a reason to apply since you dont want to go there. Why not add another mid tier?

Members don't see this ad :)

Why not? It's just a little money and a secondary. Nothing to lose.

So the greatest all time Audio Osmosis joke has to be:

How do you make a hormone?

You don't pay her! :laugh:

ha! i remember that. jordon and john are very cheesy. their jokes are random and stupid. some of the info on there aren't very accurate and they leave out a lot of materials. but it was a good review though.

Hello everyone,

Albert Einstein
Drexel University
jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
Morehouse
Penn Stat
Rosalind
Temple
Tulane
University of MD
UVA
UT southwestern
Vanderbit University
VCU
WVU

UTSW goes through TMDSAS. do you really want to fill out another whole application? if so...then i suggest you apply to all of the TX schools b/c they only cost $10 additional.

Of course they aren't forcing me. Because I can't think of another mid-tier I want to apply to. :( I'm being too picky, aren't I?
wayyy to picky i think. I know you dont want to go too far west but theres a ton of schools you could apply to...like case to be with blu lukkie and myuu;)

wayyy to picky i think. I know you dont want to go too far west but theres a ton of schools you could apply to...like case to be with blu lukkie and myuu;)

I really don't want to apply to more than like 15 schools. I don't think it's necessary. But I'll probably be eating my words come next year when I don't have any acceptances. :(

I really don't want to apply to more than like 15 schools. I don't think it's necessary. But I'll probably be eating my words come next year when I don't have any acceptances. :(
if you dont get in theres something wrong with this process...honestly you could apply to 4 schools and you would still get accepted lol. I dont think ive ever seen an app on paper that is as sick as yours. Youd have to be the most illiterate, anti-social, hermit, who also hates the human race during your interviews to not get in :p

the day that ksmi don't get an acceptance is when pigs fly. :D

if you dont get in theres something wrong with this process...honestly you could apply to 4 schools and you would still get accepted lol. I dont think ive ever seen an app on paper that is as sick as yours. Youd have to be the most illiterate, anti-social, hermit, who also hates the human race during your interviews to not get in :oops:

what is "sick" the new word for...? i always use it but never really know.

UTSW goes through TMDSAS. do you really want to fill out another whole application? if so...then i suggest you apply to all of the TX schools b/c they only cost $10 additional.

Very True, add UTMB and UT-H, UTHSCSA, and TTEP if you do not wanna do any secondaries:D

lol i guess me and u are the only southpark fans, i was eating and that ep came on. I love that one.

The best Southpark episode ever. I still remember watching that one for the first time. Nearly died laughing.:laugh:

Elijah,

i just looked at your mdapp and your story. wow that was a great comeback. you went through a lot of adversaties. will $920 be enough for all of the schools you're applying to?

how old were you when you had your son?

funkmonk,

have you gotten accepted into UTSW? just lurking around here waiting for med school to start?

Elijah,

i just looked at your mdapp and your story. wow that was a great comeback. you went through a lot of adversaties. will $920 be enough for all of the schools you're applying to?

how old were you when you had your son?

Im applying to 43 schools FAP makes 13 schools free so 30 x 31 = $930.00. All my 2ndaries are free except the univ of maryland ($70.00) which wont waive the fee no matter what (greedy bastards -_-). So total it will cost $1000.00 to apply to 43 schools. Thats not including the tickets and such but its still fairly cheap....i dont know how im going to fly to a lot of these places. Time to hitchhike or ***** myself out to a thousand fat chicks? ? ? ;)

Also my son was born when i was 19, but only 8 hours or so from my 20th b-day. I was almost hoping he would wait just 8 more hours so we could have the same b-day...ahhah but i dont think my wife at the time would have liked that.

Are u talking about primary or secondary??

Are u talking about primary or secondary??

i'm talking about primaries. TX schools don't have secondaries except UTSW, TX A&M, UTMB, Baylor (through AMCAS). UTSW secondaries are FREE.

Im applying to 43 schools FAP makes 13 schools free so 30 x 31 = $930.00. All my 2ndaries are free except the univ of maryland ($70.00) which wont waive the fee no matter what (greedy bastards -_-). So total it will cost $1000.00 to apply to 43 schools. Thats not including the tickets and such but its still fairly cheap....i dont know how im going to fly to a lot of these places. Time to hitchhike or ***** myself out to a thousand fat chicks? ? ? ;)

Also my son was born when i was 19, but only 8 hours or so from my 20th b-day. I was almost hoping he would wait just 8 more hours so we could have the same b-day...ahhah but i dont think my wife at the time would have liked that.

19 yoa? wow...that's pretty young. does your family help support you at all? at that age my mom would f***ing kill me man. sorry...i'm just putting your situation in a hypothetical situation for me.

19 yoa? wow...that's pretty young. does your family help support you at all? at that age my mom would f***ing kill me man. sorry...i'm just putting your situation in a hypothetical situation for me.
my family is wayyyyyy too poor to support me, and even if they had money they wouldnt its a long boring personal story thats not of much importance. I got lucky and honestly a whole lot of **** had to fall my way just right for me to get through school with just with me and wife only as support. A good fin aid package also helped me these past 2 years. And no need to say sorry i wont be offended or anything ive gotten used to the typical response "OMG DUDDEEE U ****KKKED YOUR LIFEEEE" etc etc from my friends and random people who find out i had a kid at 19 lol. Usually when im out or i take him to the doc they always ask....is that your little brother? then i say its my son and they start to freak out :laugh:

damn i need to sign off SDN ive been trying to write my work activites while my son is gone but i just spent the last 2 hours watching southpark and on SDN :(

Last edited:
6000!!!!
6000th00s.jpg

i'm talking about primaries. TX schools don't have secondaries except UTSW, TX A&M, UTMB, Baylor (through AMCAS). UTSW secondaries are FREE.

Texas Tech Lubbock has a secondary... hence why I did not apply there:oops:

i'm trying to fill out my work/activities but they only let you put 15. what is up with that?

i really don't know what to choose from.

TMDSAS has like boxes with six lines where you can put as many as you can fit in there.

i'm trying to fill out my work/activities but they only let you put 15. what is up with that?

i really don't know what to choose from.

TMDSAS has like boxes with six lines where you can put as many as you can fit in there.

Are you ever gonna tell me how to add you on facebook??