Child Care Volunteer for Hospice Office Staff (Due to COVID) - Nonclinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start volunteering to provide some child care for a hospice office staff, since it's difficult to find affordable day care during the pandemic. Is this something I can count under nonclinical volunteering, along with other activities like food bank? I'd still do it even if it doesn't count, since the staff looks like they need genuine help, but I was wondering if it's a "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" situation.

I'm a dude, if that matters.

Members don't see this ad.

You are providing a needed service. You are not getting paid. It's definitely volunteering!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to start volunteering to provide some child care for a hospice office staff, since it's difficult to find affordable day care during the pandemic. Is this something I can count under nonclinical volunteering, along with other activities like food bank? I'd still do it even if it doesn't count, since the staff looks like they need genuine help, but I was wondering if it's a "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" situation.
You are providing a needed service. You are not getting paid. It's definitely volunteering!
I agree this is nonclinical volunteering if you get no pay. What is the second bird?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just one bird: non-clinical volunteering. The kids' parents' profession doesn't make this clinical volunteering. ;)

Oh yeah I just meant 2 birds as in I wanted to do this activity anyway, so getting some non clinical hours from it was the “2nd bird”

Reactions: 2 users
Oh yeah I just meant 2 birds as in I wanted to do this activity anyway, so getting some non clinical hours from it was the “2nd bird”
In that case yes, you can “feed two birds with one seed”.