Calling all people who were in the inaugural class of a DO school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bored_suitcase

Reaction score
What was your experience like? If you were close to someone who was in the inaugural class at a new DO school, what was their experience like? Also, does the school's name matter that much if it's between a new DO school and a low-tier DO school?

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an inaugural student at my school. Parts of my experience are tough and others are nice. My faculty is really receptive of feedback. A lot has changed over the last three years. Being the first class we find the gaps, which has been stressful at times. Getting ready for 4th year now and feeling pretty good about step/level 2 and applying for residency. If you want to go to a top academic center for residency, then the school name might matter. But otherwise, I don't think it matters as much. Obviously my class hasn't matched yet so, we'll see next year how our "new school" status impacts our match results.

Are you considering attending a brand new school?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm an inaugural student at my school. Parts of my experience are tough and others are nice. My faculty is really receptive of feedback. A lot has changed over the last three years. Being the first class we find the gaps, which has been stressful at times. Getting ready for 4th year now and feeling pretty good about step/level 2 and applying for residency. If you want to go to a top academic center for residency, then the school name might matter. But otherwise, I don't think it matters as much. Obviously my class hasn't matched yet so, we'll see next year how our "new school" status impacts our match results.

Are you considering attending a brand new school?
Yes. A new DO school.