Best PCAT study materials/study schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

franfranny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new to pre-pharmacy, and I am scheduled to take the PCAT in January :bookworm: What materials would you recommend for studying? I have heard a lot about Dr. Collins, but are there any more materials that you would suggest?

Also, has anyone used a strict study schedule to study? If so, would you mind sharing it? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the Kaplan course live -online and there endorsed by AACP who make the exam. The course was from 7/14 to 8/29 and they give you tips and tricks as well dive deep into each section. the book is the same information but the course gives you practice question that are timed and are specific. like you have 10 Minute quiz on acid and bases or a 45 minute critical reading section so you can see your weaknesses. they also have 5 practice exam which are purposefully harder than the actual exam. I remember taking the exam in 2013 and in the practice test I would not score anywhere near the 400+ mark on the practice exams from the book. But when I took the actual exam I got in the 400's for bio and chem which is what i was worried about but my actual composite score was 14th percentile. I did the exam in January 2014 and got the same thing. The Kaplan book is ok, but having the teacher explain concepts and having practice problems has really helped me. I also took 2 Pearson test as well in which I scored in the 400 for bio and chem at that time. I plan to take 2 Pearson test again as my exam is 10/24. Registration is September 9th.

PCAT Achiever is another good source of practice like Pearson's. It has all the updated content and features that will challenge you to the limit., but I have heard that 's what prepares you for the worst.

Thanks for the advice! Have you guys heard anything about Crack the PCAT? Half the people I ask about materials say do Dr. Collins, and the other half talk about Crack the PCAT :eek: