Beaumont CRNAs plan to strike even after getting 'generous' offer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Splenda88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe physicians should unionize...

1666925447518.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That's still kinda low for CRNAs (at least in my neck of the woods), not sure about MI. Yes let's unionize.

Reactions: 1 user
That's still kinda low for CRNAs (at least in my neck of the woods), not sure about MI. Yes let's unionize.
If that is low, one can assume anesthesiologists make 500k+ working 40 hrs/wk in your neck of the hood then.

Members don't see this ad :)
At that rate why not just hire anesthesiologist who will work 50-60 hours per week for like 450

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
It’s kind of funny that they’re associated with the teamsters though. Thought that was truckers and the mafia

It appears the CRNA's are recognizing that Deathstar is no more a friend to them than it is to physicians (trojan horse).

Members don't see this ad :)
It appears the CRNA's are recognizing that Deathstar is no more a friend to them than it is to physicians (trojan horse).
Did anyone in that group, MD or CRNA, actually want to work for North Star, other than the partners wanting the checks that came with it?

Did anyone in that group, MD or CRNA, actually want to work for North Star, other than the partners wanting the checks that came with it?
It was a NAPA site ( by way of mednax). Hospital kicked out NAPA and brought in northstar.

It was a NAPA site ( by way of mednax). Hospital kicked out NAPA and brought in northstar.

They (admins) don’t learn. They’re all the same…. The model is the same, nothing changed. Why should the result be any different.

Original group sold to mednax around 2012 or so. Then was briefly NAPA when they bought mednax. Beaumont didn’t want to employee the crnas and NAPA didn’t either but northstar agreed to it and got contract. MDs and CRNAs were all upset by this

Do most anesthesiologists work like 30-40 hour weeks? The BLS data says that the median anesthesiologist salary is like 350 so assuming 450 would be low for that rate. Unless BLS is just an underestimate though I thought they looked at actual tax data rather than.

Last edited:
Do most anesthesiologists work like 30-40 hour weeks? The BLS data says that the median anesthesiologist salary is like 350 so assuming 450 would be low for that rate. Unless BLS is just an underestimate though I thought they looked at actual tax data rather than.

I don’t know where BLS gets their data but it is nonsense. They say mean wage for anesthesiologists is $331k. Maybe they include residents?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
No, sounds about right. Academics in my state pays <$300k, and they employ a lot of docs. Some private groups pay like the ballers here on SDN, but for every one of you guys, there's probably at least one schmuck like me that makes mid-300s for full time work, with call. Payor mix in some parts of the country sucks, and not every group can swing a high seven figure stipend to make up for it.

Reactions: 7 users

avg i saw on aamc.org when i applied was 62 hours

Reactions: 1 user