AMPLE Part 3 Study guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
APMLE part 2 should still be taken seriously. I remember stressing about it because it does test on internal medicine topics with some depth. I don't remember specifically what's on the curriculum, it's been too long, but I remember some detailed antibiotic questions, some questions about heart sounds, EKG questions, etc.
The funniest part is that some students will get drilled with IM questions and others won't have a single IM concept on the whole test. Mine did not have a single EKG, antibiotic, heart sound, etc. question.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The funniest part is that some students will get drilled with IM questions and other won't have a single IM concept on the whole test. Mine did not have a single EKG, antibiotic, heart sound, etc. question.
yeah its luck of the draw sometimes. but apparently they adjust for all that when making their passing score cutoffs

yeah its luck of the draw sometimes. but apparently they adjust for all that when making their passing score cutoffs
Any time you have a testing method that isn't described to the public, it's probably because the adjustments are trash, don't exist, etc.

I'm not convinced one iota that the APMLE is graded fairly or accurately. I almost feel like fail people at random to ensure that some level of failing quota is met.

But that's my opinion.

If they described their methods, maybe I'd agree.

Reactions: 1 users
Any time you have a testing method that isn't described to the public, it's probably because the adjustments are trash, don't exist, etc.

I'm not convinced one iota that the APMLE is graded fairly or accurately. I almost feel like fail people at random to ensure that some level of failing quota is met.

But that's my opinion.

If they described their methods, maybe I'd agree.
This screenshot is what I found on their scoring methods. Nevertheless, the exams are still filled with random items that make it feel trivial at times and I’m glad to be done with them.

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: 1 user
This screenshot is what I found on their scoring methods. Nevertheless, the exams are still filled with random items that make it feel trivial at times and I’m glad to be done with them.
It would be nice if they gave examples.

Results tomorrow!

Taking part 3 really takes away the anxiety the first 2 were really packing.

Failing boards 1 and 2 actually have consequences, part 3 has the energy of an "lol pass this test this time or next time or whatever" energy because there are no consequences for failing it other than you pay a lot of money.

Unless - Pennsylvania

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Failing boards 1 and 2 actually have consequences, part 3 has the energy of an "lol pass this test this time or next time or whatever" energy because there are no consequences for failing it other than you pay a lot of money.

Unless - Pennsylvania
yeah no real huge consequences but still a pain to have to go study again and have it in the back of your mind!

Unless - Pennsylvania
Wait what happens if you’re in Pennsylvania?