2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year II's started going out July 28th. I wonder if we'll be lucky and see the same? Keeping my fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year II's started going out July 28th. I wonder if we'll be lucky and see the same? Keeping my fingers crossed!
That would be super nice and I am hoping so! But, transmission date was June 26th last year instead of June 30th so it could be later too

That would be super nice and I am hoping so! But, transmission date was June 26th last year instead of June 30th so it could be later too
Oh shoot that's true! Well, here's hoping for next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten interview invites for Utah yet? Utah is my top school choice but I haven't heard anything yet. I have two invites from other schools so far.
Same here! It's my #1 choice. Radio silence thus far for everyone. Hopefully we hear something back soon

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! It's my #1 choice. Radio silence thus far for everyone. Hopefully we hear something back soon
Thanks. Good to know we are in the same boat. I'm putting good vibes out for everyone. Fingers crossed!

Utah is also my #1 school. Haven't heard anything yet. Instate applicant. Also sending good vibes to all of us here!

My letter packet has 5 letters in it and the U of U explicitly says they take a max of 4. My school will only send one packet to AMCAS. Will they just read 4 of them and ignore the extra?

My letter packet has 5 letters in it and the U of U explicitly says they take a max of 4. My school will only send one packet to AMCAS. Will they just read 4 of them and ignore the extra?
I had this same question and the U told me that they will not consider the "weakest" letter.

I wonder when Utah will start sending out IIs for regular MD! Getting antsy over here

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received this afternoon! Complete 7/18, LM ~ 74

Reactions: 2 users
IS II received yesterday afternoon as well. RD and regular MD applicant, complete 7/18, LM ~ 69 (nice)

Reactions: 4 users
RD of ED? Was this for regular MD or MSTP?

Congratulations on the II!
ED isn’t a thing anymore for this cycle onwards. I was hoping to apply ED, but sadly, they discontinued it. :’)

I was in the 38th percentile if I remember right so must not be the biggest deal?
Haha that's good to hear! I got 56% for preview, but top quartile for Casper Go figure!

Do you mind if I ask how far out your interview is scheduled for? Will it be this month, or in the next couple months?

I'm so desperate for an II from here, if you can't tell! Haha

Reactions: 2 users
Haha that's good to hear! I got 56% for preview, but top quartile for Casper Go figure!

Do you mind if I ask how far out your interview is scheduled for? Will it be this month, or in the next couple months?

I'm so desperate for an II from here, if you can't tell! Haha
Same actually on the casper, preview was another story though 😂

Yeah my interview is 9/1!

No worries, good luck!

Any July 12/13 Preview Testers still waiting for the U to receive your score? I got my score back 3 days ago and the portal still shows it as not received. Should I reach out?

Any July 12/13 Preview Testers still waiting for the U to receive your score? I got my score back 3 days ago and the portal still shows it as not received. Should I reach out?
Same, I check every day and it says Not Received. Uncertain what to do.

Same, I check every day and it says Not Received. Uncertain what to do.
I've heard some schools only update it like once or twice a week, but I feel like they should have done it by now considering it was the only score release this month for Preview

Just checking-- PREview scores are sent automatically, correct? All else in my application is complete, and my score was already released. Though, it still is not "complete" on my portal. Does this warrant an email?

Just checking-- PREview scores are sent automatically, correct? All else in my application is complete, and my score was already released. Though, it still is not "complete" on my portal. Does this warrant an email?
No idea. Mine has not been updated yet, either. I was planning to call them on Monday.

No idea. Mine has not been updated yet, either. I was planning to call them on Monday.
I emailed them and they said it was just going slow. Mine was updated on Thursday, but they did say there was a delay.

My application was complete 7/22. Hope to hear from Utah soon. :cryi:

• Care
II received!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
For those receiving II today, when were you complete. I wasn’t complete until 7/18 bc of preview. This is my state school so very curious!!

For those receiving II today, when were you complete. I wasn’t complete until 7/18 bc of preview. This is my state school so very curious!!
Completed 4 days ago! My preview score was only sent on 8/15. Utah heavily screens for mission fit; my MCAT tutor at BYU prep class told me he has a 3.9/520 and didn't even get an interview

Also got an IS II today LM is only 60.5, though. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?

in state LM 82 complete mid-July, no II, just hoping I didn’t already get screened out… any insight to the U’s screening process would be appreciated as they’re my dream school.

Last edited: