2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Army milk and poptarts... smh.. back in my day we only had jalapeno cheese sauce packets
I’ll trade you my jalapeño cheese spread for chocolate peanut butter…iykyk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Active Air Force Accepted today. This is my first choice, so I am withdrawing from all other interviews and pending applications.

Reactions: 4 users
Active Air Force Accepted today. This is my first choice, so I am withdrawing from all other interviews and pending applications.
Congratulations! Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who is currently in the service received an A? Wondering if the process takes longer for those in service because of the additional paper work and LOAs we need to submit?
I'm active Navy and was accepted on 10/16. I know 8 other active duty enlisted who have been accepted. Process shouldn't take any longer if you submit your paperwork in a timely manner!

Is anyone who is interviewing week of 10/30 still waiting for their interviewer to get in contact with them?
I interviewed week of 9/11 and didn't hear from my interviewers until 9/10 and 9/14, a lot of my friends had similar experiences. If you don't hear by the Thursday of your interview week, email your counselor

Accepted this morning via email for Navy :) I interviewed on 10/4 and 10/6, no prior service.
Big big congrats!! May I ask if your medical examination information was already complete? Mine has said "pending" on DOD since I did my exams and I wonder if that makes a difference.

Big big congrats!! May I ask if your medical examination information was already complete? Mine has said "pending" on DOD since I did my exams and I wonder if that makes a difference.
Thanks so much!! Not yet - my exams are actually not until later next week

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, nice to see fellow USUHS applicants here. Congrats to those who received A's already.
I received an II on 10/13 and was scheduled for the week of 11/13. I have some questions regarding the interviews since I am still waiting for the interviewers' emails for the exact dates. I actually have another II for another school on 11/15 and 11/16 (post-II info session) that I scheduled before USUHS and I am working full-time as an MA, which means I need to request days off in advance. I did email Ms. Welsing and she told me that the interviewers are more than willing to work with interviewees to set up interview day, and I don't have to take the whole week off. My question is, do the two interviews have to be done in the week of 11/13, or do I just need to work with the interviewers to set up a date and time that work best for both of us? Am I safe to assume that the two interviews will most likely be on two separate days? Thanks!

Hello everyone, nice to see fellow USUHS applicants here. Congrats to those who received A's already.
I received an II on 10/13 and was scheduled for the week of 11/13. I have some questions regarding the interviews since I am still waiting for the interviewers' emails for the exact dates. I actually have another II for another school on 11/15 and 11/16 (post-II info session) that I scheduled before USUHS and I am working full-time as an MA, which means I need to request days off in advance. I did email Ms. Welsing and she told me that the interviewers are more than willing to work with interviewees to set up interview day, and I don't have to take the whole week off. My question is, do the two interviews have to be done in the week of 11/13, or do I just need to work with the interviewers to set up a date and time that work best for both of us? Am I safe to assume that the two interviews will most likely be on two separate days? Thanks!
In their intro emails, my interviewers gave me several days/times that worked for them but mentioned they were also happy to coordinate an alternative time if necessary. One was even willing to accommodate me on the weekend since I also work full-time. I had the option of scheduling both of mine on the same day since they were both available then, but I opted for separate days - it really just depends on your preference and what works best for you and them. Best of luck!!

congrats on the interview! the interviewers are definitely very flexible in terms of finding a mutual time that works for you both. In my case, I didn't get an email until Thursday of the week before my interview week. When they email you, they will list a few times on a few days to pick from, and if none of those work just let them know and they will work with you to find something more convenient. For example, my first interviewer even offered to do it on a weekend or after dinnertime if none of the times they listed did not work for me which was very kind.

Got the acceptance call today, last interview was 10/6, no prior service, Air Force!

Reactions: 2 users
Acceptance this morning at 6am, interviewed 10/4, no prior service, army

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone with welsing as a counselor and who interviewed week of 2 Oct receive an acceptance today?

Hi all,

I’m visiting campus next week and was wondering about the parking situation, since I’m coming by car. Does anyone know if there’s parking within a walkable distance from the base?

Hi all,

I’m visiting campus next week and was wondering about the parking situation, since I’m coming by car. Does anyone know if there’s parking within a walkable distance from the base?
Are you not able to drive onto base? If you can, there’s a parking garage below USU and a few other garages on base. They say you need a permit but they haven’t enforced it for a few years. If you can’t, you could park at the Grosvenor metro station and take the metro one stop to Medical Center. It’s about a 15 minute walk from the metro stop to USUHS.

I'm not sure- I'm still awaiting instructions from the coordinator, but I wouldn't take a chance on the permit-gated, on-campus parking... The Grosvenor option sounds like a good alternative. I'll look into it. Thank you!
Are you not able to drive onto base? If you can, there’s a parking garage below USU and a few other garages on base. They say you need a permit but they haven’t enforced it for a few years. If you can’t, you could park at the Grosvenor metro station and take the metro one stop to Medical Center. It’s about a 15 minute walk from the metro stop to USUHS.

II invite today. Submitted 10/16
do you mean, on 10/16 you received the email "Thank you for your continued patience throughout the review process. This email is to provide an update on your status. Your application is advancing in the process and will receive a thorough and fair review by the Admissions Committee..."

do you mean, on 10/16 you received the email "Thank you for your continued patience throughout the review process. This email is to provide an update on your status. Your application is advancing in the process and will receive a thorough and fair review by the Admissions Committee..."
I submitted my secondary on Oct 16 and received that email Oct 30

I submitted my secondary on Oct 16 and received that email Oct 30
good luck! same here but i do not have II yet, is your counselor ms. baker? she is my counselor...i will give it a few more days if nothing still, i will contact her

Anyone have any insight to when I should hear back after my interview that on 10/4? I noticed another applicant with the same interview date already heard back earlier than the supposed 8-10 week timeline USU sent out. Will it actually take longer for a decision because I'm still not graduated from college and I'm in classes right now?

Also separate question, are we emailed/contacted if our medical exams are not sufficient and we need a waiver? I see my stuff has been submitted for review on DODMETS but I am unable to check my status from there.

Anyone have any insight to when I should hear back after my interview that on 10/4? I noticed another applicant with the same interview date already heard back earlier than the supposed 8-10 week timeline USU sent out. Will it actually take longer for a decision because I'm still not graduated from college and I'm in classes right now?

Also separate question, are we emailed/contacted if our medical exams are not sufficient and we need a waiver? I see my stuff has been submitted for review on DODMETS but I am unable to check my status from there.
I can't really answer your first question but reading people's responses on here makes it seem like it has been a week by week roll out of A's - that doesn't necessarily mean they won't stick to the timeline but that's some of what we're seeing here.
For your medical exams, I received an email saying that I needed a waiver for something so I would expect you will also receive some kind of email if that is the case, it came pretty quickly too like within 3-4 days of my submitting the medical exams.

Hey,
Based on how soon people usually hear back and what I've heard, it takes about 5 weeks to hear back on average for those who've interviewed early in the cycle. However, I don't remember where I read this, but having ongoing coursework does delay usual timelines, but I couldn't tell you by how much.

As to the medical exams, I'd wait since I imagine they'd tell you if you need to take further action. However, if you want a status update, I'd contact the Commissioning Coordinator as I believe she's the competent authority on this matter, if DODMETS doesn't show that info.

Hope this helps! :)

Got the A today for Airforce! I interviewed 9/25, so for me it took well over a month.

+1, Interviewed 10/11. Congrats to all who got the A as well and good luck to everyone else! :)

Hello, I just interviewed at USUHS. I am in the process of completing the physicals and eye exam. I have a small tattoo on my hand I got years ago and I'm in the process of having it removed. (The removal place said it should be mostly visibly removed in the next 2-3 sessions). I did note this to my physical examiner and have it noted in my medical packet. Will this disqualify me from being considered from this school?

Do you mind my asking if you received a call or only an email? Congratulations!!
Thank you! I first got a call, then they followed up with an email that said I'd receive the official offer package by mail.

I hope I hear back today... interviewed week of 10/09... oh so very nervous

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
no one seems to be put on "hold," just cricket silence...
Was also wondering if anyone has been put on hold yet. I haven’t heard anything back since being complete 8/7