2023-2024 UC San Francisco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they sent the last A wave yet? I interviewed in late January so I wasn’t considered in the first wave I think
Remember you have to get in so I can get in off the waitlist at ucla. You got this bro. You rizzed and went to havaaaaaarrrddddd

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are emails staggered? Or is that all the As for the second wave?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait does JMP come out yet? This says WL but I thought I only interviewed for JMP 😭😭😭 ughhhh

WHEN I SAY IM SHAKING I MEAN IM SHAKINGGG IN STATE REG MD A 43 MIN AGO 😭😭😭😭

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate for MD as of 15 mins ago. I interviewed 1/30 for MD/JMP. Do any JMP people know how it works from here for us? In the interview they said something along the lines of 'acceptance for one or both programs is possible,' so does that mean I still have a shot at JMP? hopefully:,)

update: just got the JMP WL email :/

Last edited:
Nevermind got WL for both MD and JMP 😭😭 well UCLA is still pretty lit haha

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Alternate for MD as of 15 mins ago. I interviewed 1/30 for MD/JMP. Do any JMP people know how it works from here for us? In the interview they said something along the lines of 'acceptance for one or both programs is possible,' so does that mean I still have a shot at JMP? hopefully:,)

update: just got the JMP WL email :/
Exact same thing just happened to me ughhhh

Reactions: 1 users
I can’t tell if I’m sad or numb cos of how long this process is 🥲

Reactions: 4 users
congrats to everyone accepted! for the WL, does anyone know if UCSF accepts updates/LOIs?

Could an additional letter of rec be an update? Or what else could we send as an update...? I don't have grades or anything since I'm on my gap year and working

Congrats to everyone, y’all are amazing!! Currently trying to form a school list for apps. Any current or prospective students on here willing to talk a little bit about how political climate/polarization has played into their relationships and experience at ucsf? I’ve heard mixed things regarding ppls experiences - especially over the last few months.

Congrats to everyone, y’all are amazing!! Currently trying to form a school list for apps. Any current or prospective students on here willing to talk a little bit about how political climate/polarization has played into their relationships and experience at ucsf? I’ve heard mixed things regarding ppls experiences - especially over the last few months.
Not sure what you have heard? UCSF, like many other academic centers, tends to be more liberal/progressive. We have had our fair share of different opinions amongst faculty and students regarding a numerous amount of different political and medical controversies. UCSF is an institution that I can positively say values free speech - we have some professors that go against the grain academically and politically but they are given their time and space to say what they like. The institution doesn't control what we say as long as we don't try to speak on behalf of the whole institution.

Could an additional letter of rec be an update? Or what else could we send as an update...? I don't have grades or anything since I'm on my gap year and working

An additional letter of rec wouldn't be an update, and realistically, it's just as likely to hurt you (are admin officers really going to want to read a LOR you didn't think was worth getting earlier?) as it is to help you. I'd say it's not worth it.

Not sure what you have heard? UCSF, like many other academic centers, tends to be more liberal/progressive. We have had our fair share of different opinions amongst faculty and students regarding a numerous amount of different political and medical controversies. UCSF is an institution that I can positively say values free speech - we have some professors that go against the grain academically and politically but they are given their time and space to say what they like. The institution doesn't control what we say as long as we don't try to speak on behalf of the whole institution.

Echoing this. We definitely had some big political movements on campus during my medical school years (2016 election, BLM, LGBTQIA+ events), but they were obviously optional, and generally people were respectful of each other's political views and opinions. UCSF is certainly a relatively liberal school in a relatively liberal area, though.

Does anyone know if UCSF is generally considered to be generous with financial aid? Additionally, is USCF open to negotiating financial aid offers? Just trying to get a better idea of what to expect with the $$ from this school.

Reactions: 1 user