2023-2024 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else still not received an interview invite? Feeling very scared and losing hope. I have decent stats (502/503 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, 2+ years clinical experience, research experience, publication). I set up a meeting with the dean but unsure if there is anything else I can do to stand a chance.
are you in-state?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else still not received an interview invite? Feeling very scared and losing hope. I have decent stats (502/503 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, 2+ years clinical experience, research experience, publication). I set up a meeting with the dean but unsure if there is anything else I can do to stand a chance.

I also haven’t received an II, and I was complete in November. I think I’m also fairly competitive (IS applicant, 507 MCAT, 3.956 cGPA, 2+ years clinical experience, unique research and extracurriculars tied to tenets of osteopathic medicine), but I haven’t attended any meetings/info sessions to show interest in the school beyond submitting my app. And I have no physician LOR.

I will most likely be rescinding my A because I just got accepted elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did u get accepted today? and congrats :)
I got accepted to Rowan back in early December, but I just got accepted over the phone elsewhere, the only school that could have beat out Rowan for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted to Rowan back in early December, but I just got accepted over the phone elsewhere, the only school that could have beat out Rowan for me.
Congratulations on your dream acceptance!

• Care
congrats!!!

• Care
do u remember what time u got accepted to rowan? was it on a friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was informed that both tracks are filled up. Any interviews from this point will be for the waitlist.

I was informed that both tracks are filled up. Any interviews from this point will be for the waitlist.
Oof. Thanks for letting us know! I’m wondering if everyone who already interviewed who hasn’t heard back is gonna get waitlisted now

Where did you get that info from? Now I'm scared because I haven't heard back from my interview yet.

Oof. Thanks for letting us know! I’m wondering if everyone who already interviewed who hasn’t heard back is gonna get waitlisted now
They accepted people last Friday! Hopefully those weren't the last spots 😭

You can reach out to the admission office I think. Does anyone know how are we ranked on the waitlist?

I originally put down PBL as the track I'm interested in, but after learning more I think I'm much better suited to SGL. Honestly I do not want to be considered for PBL at all. Should I call adcoms to request a change on my application? I have my interview soon so I'm not sure if I should mention it then or try to fix it before hand

I originally put down PBL as the track I'm interested in, but after learning more I think I'm much better suited to SGL. Honestly I do not want to be considered for PBL at all. Should I call adcoms to request a change on my application? I have my interview soon so I'm not sure if I should mention it then or try to fix it before hand
They told us you can but it depends on the class size and whether they are full.
so I would reach out but no guarantees.

So any interview from this point as in any interviews being conducted from yesterday or like if anyone has had an interview but hasn’t got in

i hope i hear back tomorrow... now im worried the class is full :/

Honestly, the questions available on SDN were pretty representative of my interview. Trust me when I say this, the interview was super conversational and low stress (as people above have mentioned). Out of ALL of my interviews this cycle, this was by far my favorite one. Best of luck to you @juliealbright ! :)

We are going to get decisions this Friday, does anyone know if they are for spots or the waitlist. I have a 508 mcat 3.87 gpa and 3.67 gpa and live instate. I’m praying because this is my absolute first choice!

We are going to get decisions this Friday, does anyone know if they are for spots or the waitlist. I have a 508 mcat 3.87 gpa and 3.67 gpa and live instate. I’m praying because this is my absolute first choice!
how do you know we will hear back friday?

I called admissions and they said class is full. I don’t know if this is based on decisions already made or for future decisions but it’s making me annoyed that they interview till May even thoguh the class is filled

I called admissions and they said class is full. I don’t know if this is based on decisions already made or for future decisions but it’s making me annoyed that they interview till May even thoguh the class is filled
I know admissions committee is meeting on this Friday so does that mean it’s all for the waitlist?

OOS II today, complete 2/5!

Last edited:
I'm really hoping to hear back this Friday then. I guess they didn't meet at all last week/last Friday. Good luck everyone and hang in there!

The Facebook group chat currently has 210 members. They usually accept around 290 students, so hopefully there are still spots available for you all. Also, there might be people who don't have a Facebook or haven't joined yet but hopefully, you all get accepted to your top choice! Sending good vibes your way. 🤞😊

Reactions: 6 users
lol I interviewed 1/24, a whole 5 weeks ago, and have not heard back. like did they forget about me or something
should i email them? or is that pushy

• Care
lol I interviewed 1/24, a whole 5 weeks ago, and have not heard back. like did they forget about me or something
Email them!

when did you go to the interview orientation?

hopefully we all hear back this Friday

I caller The dean last thurs she said that the committee is meeting tomorrow so hopefully they release the decisions!
thank you so much for calling! i'm hoping we all get acceptances. :) I feel like my life is on hold right now, because rowan is my top choice

Meanwhile im seeing people who interviewed weeks after me getting accepted :( i feel like its not a good sign lol
I went 2/19 to the orientation and the dean told me my interviwer got swamped and didn’t turn in their notes on time as well so it delayed everything.

• Care
  • Sad