2023-2024 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else get waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got "they have not made a decision" email, but i'd assume I will hear next time? I interviewed 11/8. Has anyone heard back who interviewed then?

OOS II received yesterday, for a waitlist position. Didn't know that was a thing at many schools (assumed I'd either be interviewed then waitlisted, or not interviewed at all), but have also heard UofL takes a good number of students off their waitlist. Fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received yesterday, for a waitlist position. Didn't know that was a thing at many schools (assumed I'd either be interviewed then waitlisted, or not interviewed at all), but have also heard UofL takes a good number of students off their waitlist. Fingers crossed :)
When was your secondary marked complete?

Got an email today saying their office is closed until Jan 1 starting 12/16 and that my app is still under consideration

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did all accepted students get that scholarship form today? Trying not to get my hopes up!

Reactions: 1 users
Like someone mentioned above me, I received an email 12/14 about the admissions going on break till early January, but my application is still under consideration.

does anyone know the grading scale? is it p/f? A handout online is reflecting h/p/f

I'm OOS with weakish ties to UofL and Louisville, got an II for a waitlist position today

Waitlist today, interviewed Dec 5th. OOS, LM 72.

Waitlisted today as well. OOS, but we should start hearing end of April and early May.

Waitlist today, interviewed Dec 5th. OOS, LM 72.
Also received OOS WL today, interviewed on 11/30. Trying to find any info on OOS WL movement, especially for those put on relatively early in January? Or does the timing not matter rather than the ranking for WL?

• Love
anyone make a new groupme? the old one was deleted for some reason

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I last got an email from Louisville on December 14th saying my application was still under review and they were going on vacation and it's been cricket since then. Do they take updates? I'd like to send one to remind them that I exist lol. OOS with very very very (and I cannot emphasize this enough) very weak ties to the state.

Just took the Pre-II R, good luck to everyone else in their cycles!

• Care
Does anyone know when scholarships come out? In the newsletter, they mentioned "by early February..."

Does anybody know if they accept letters of intent? I can’t find anything on the website so I assume its a no?

Does anybody know if they accept letters of intent? I can’t find anything on the website so I assume its a no?
Maybe read past years threads to see if they do? Tbh I don't see why they wouldn't accept one... I'm sure there are lots of schools that accept letters of intent but don't explicitly say they do on their website, if that makes sense

And if you really want to be sure it might not hurt to call the office and double check, that way you know how to deliver it to them as well (email, upload to portal, etc)

Maybe read past years threads to see if they do? Tbh I don't see why they wouldn't accept one... I'm sure there are lots of schools that accept letters of intent but don't explicitly say they do on their website, if that makes sense

And if you really want to be sure it might not hurt to call the office and double check, that way you know how to deliver it to them as well (email, upload to portal, etc)
  • Application Updates: Unless specifically requested, the University of Louisville Admissions Office will not be responsible for updating the applicant’s secondary application information. Email updates will not be accepted. Primary AMCAS application updates, to the extent permissible, must be made directly through AMCAS.

Last edited:
I just sent a letter of interest via email to the admissions office and called and they said it was fine. Not sure if it matter pre or post interview tho but Ik they accept letter of interest so they should accept letter of intent

Reactions: 2 users
  • Application Updates: Unless specifically requested, the University of Louisville Admissions Office will not be responsible for updating the applicant’s secondary application information. Email updates will not be accepted. Primary AMCAS application updates, to the extent permissible, must be made directly through AMCAS.
This seems like its referring to secondary application updates, not necessarily LOIs

I just sent a letter of interest via email to the admissions office and called and they said it was fine. Not sure if it matter pre or post interview tho but Ik they accept letter of interest so they should accept letter of intent
Exactly! Good luck my friend (=

This seems like its referring to secondary application updates, not necessarily LOIs
I was ALSO unaware of their house policy on URL changes