2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have intel on when we should expect post-interview decisions? I know the website/interview packet says December and March, but since this is different from prior years I was thinking (hoping) maybe someone here got confirmation
I was wondering this too.. the last few years have been late October

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering this too.. the last few years have been late October
Yes that's what I've heard! But applicants last year apparently weren't given Dec/March timepoints, so it's hard to say if they're trying something new this cycle. I guess we will have to wait and see 😅

Reactions: 1 user
509 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA, 3.9 non-sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, ORM, IS, UB undergrad, 3rd quartile CASPer, 2100 research hours, 1st author publication, poster presentation at Jacobs, only 80ish shadowing, about 200 volunteering, 3500 clinical employment, 4600 non-clinical employment, non traditional app (in a masters, 6th year into college). Not sure if I’m missing any stats
Wow that application is like miles better than mine lol hopefully I hear something. Doesn’t really help that I am not affiliated with UB or other SUNY either.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
509 MCAT, 3.6 sGPA, 3.9 non-sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, ORM, IS, UB undergrad, 3rd quartile CASPer, 2100 research hours, 1st author publication, poster presentation at Jacobs, only 80ish shadowing, about 200 volunteering, 3500 clinical employment, 4600 non-clinical employment, non traditional app (in a masters, 6th year into college). Not sure if I’m missing any stats
Thank you so much for the details

Wow that application is like miles better than mine lol hopefully I hear something. Doesn’t really help that I am not affiliated with UB or other SUNY either.
Are you IS? Specifically WNY? Regardless of if you went to SUNY for undergrad, UB favors NYS applicants with strong ties to WNY

Yes that's what I've heard! But applicants last year apparently weren't given Dec/March timepoints, so it's hard to say if they're trying something new this cycle. I guess we will have to wait and see 😅
Decisions could also be affected by the dean of admissions stepping out, I’m sure the transition period is causing some delays

It’s really funny to realize that most of us are probably at UB for undergrad rn and have no idea who anyone is IRL

Reactions: 1 users
Just so everyone is aware, I followed up with admissions and decisions will ONLY go out in two waves: in December, and in March.

If you interview any time prior to December, you will get your decision notification in December. Any time after, you'll get it in March.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just so everyone is aware, I followed up with admissions and decisions will ONLY go out in two waves: in December, and in March.

If you interview any time prior to December, you will get your decision notification in December. Any time after, you'll get it in March.
Thanks for sharing 🤝

Just did the first out of two interviews for this school. Amazing interview experience, my interviewer was the nicest person ever.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if someone who's done the in-person day could comment. Do you get to do a campus tour and stuff as part of your day?

I was wondering if someone who's done the in-person day could comment. Do you get to do a campus tour and stuff as part of your day?

Yes, there are two interviews followed by a campus tour.

Any II this week? It seems to be once a week waves

Wait the past couple of yrs they sent out decisions late october tho. Did you directly call the admissions office about this?

Got put in the regular decision pool! 🫠 i guess its better than an R but just hoping for the best now.. haven’t heard anything since.
Wait so what was ur decision? Did u end up getting deferred? Also what r ur stats

No II yet... this is my dream school and I really emphasized that in my secondary :): IS complete 08/11, 505 --> 512 mcat retake, 3.6 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA, average ECs. Soft R? I assume applying that late is a big part of the issue

No II yet... this is my dream school and I really emphasized that in my secondary :): IS complete 08/11, 505 --> 512 mcat retake, 3.6 sGPA and 3.7 cGPA, average ECs. Soft R? I assume applying that late is a big part of the issue
No one has posted any IIs from an August or later completion date. I would not worry too much at this point in time.

Reactions: 2 users
Wait so what was ur decision? Did u end up getting deferred? Also what r ur stats
yes as someone else mentioned, ED>RD = deferral. i’m still hopeful bc i know they historically send out IIs deep into the cycle but obviously it’s extremely stressful.. i knew i was only applying to Jacobs so i kinda full sent w applying ED

stats:
- 3.65 cgpa, 3.85 sgpa
- 506 MCAT, studied for and took it while a full-time PA student
- 4000+ clinical hrs including PA rotations, MA, scribe
- 2 publications, a few posters, several hundred research hrs
- a little over 100 hrs volunteering
- multiple leadership roles
- UB graduate, WNY is home

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what time did you receive the interview invite email? Just wanna know what time I should neurotically be checking my email :)

Got mine at 8:40am. Better to have notifications enabled for your mail app than check every 2 minutes, although sometimes I can’t help but refresh my inbox irrationally hoping for some early news :p

Does anyone know when in December they’ll release decisions? im stressed lol ty