2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else's application status listed as not complete even though all of the individual requirements are marked complete after submitting the secondary? It may just be a delay in the system, but I just wanted to double check.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else's application status listed as not complete even though all of the individual requirements are marked complete after submitting the secondary? It may just be a delay in the system, but I just wanted to double check.
Yep. I came here to ask the same thing. Must be a delay in the system or a manual check for everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh can't submit because of biochem - let's see what admissions say
hmm yeah that would probably work to submit but might cause confusion
not sure if you guys already saw but it's allowing me to complete the prerequisite page without entering any courses in the biochemistry section (and per admissions add your biochem course in the alternative coursework page)

"1. Summarize your activities during the 2023-2024 academic year. Describe how your activities are preparing you for a medical career. (2000 characters)"

Probably a silly question, but do we think this includes classes? or is it just looking for employment, volunteering, etc.

"1. Summarize your activities during the 2023-2024 academic year. Describe how your activities are preparing you for a medical career. (2000 characters)"

Probably a silly question, but do we think this includes classes? or is it just looking for employment, volunteering, etc.
I wouldn't include classes. Everyone is going be doing classes lol.

I thought about including MCAT since I took it in April but decided to just include volunteering and employment

For the summarize prompt, are you guys talking about every single activity? Or just the 2-3 most important ones? I'd rather do the second but unsure if it will be taken as not answering the prompt.

For the summarize prompt, are you guys talking about every single activity? Or just the 2-3 most important ones? I'd rather do the second but unsure if it will be taken as not answering the prompt.
I think I'll mention but not go super deep into the ones I view as less relevant. Something like "in addition to continuing X and Y, I plan to do Z which will prepare me for medical school by ..."

Is it normal to still not have received a secondary inv yet? I was verified 7/9 and i thought they don't screen?

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Is it normal to still not have received a secondary inv yet? I was verified 7/9 and i thought they don't screen?
It has been only 10 days. Their system may not necessarily process the applications transmitted by AMCAS in more than a couple batches a week.

Is anyone else running into issues where your future coursework is not auto-populating into the portal? I need one of these courses to fill the pre-req boxes so idk what to do :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else running into issues where your future coursework is not auto-populating into the portal? I need one of these courses to fill the pre-req boxes so idk what to do :/
it hasn't been fulfilled if it's in the future...
They will see that you are still in college

There’s a box at the bottom of the page to list future coursework lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone still have their application marked as incomplete after submitting it? or has anyone asked them about it?

My application has now been marked as complete (all the boxes are checkmarked), but I never received an email about it. Is the same happening for everyone else? Do we just assume that it is truly complete?

My application has now been marked as complete (all the boxes are checkmarked), but I never received an email about it. Is the same happening for everyone else? Do we just assume that it is truly complete?
actually yea mine just changed to complete but I didn't get notified about it

I think that's the thing with most schools that use AMP system. I didn't get an Email from most of them after they're completed on the portals, but it should be fine

Is the Alternative Courses only required if you did not meet the pre-requisites? Or are you guys just doing both

Is the Alternative Courses only required if you did not meet the pre-requisites? Or are you guys just doing both
I only did it because I didn't meet the prerequisites bc I used AP credit for gen chem and physics.

Is Alpert more research or service heavy? Wondering how to approach these essays.

OOS secondary received just now 7/21. AMCAS verified and transmitted 7/14

Anyone else submit their secondary and see this? Wondering whether I should contact admission about it. Everything I submitted seems to meet their requirements. TIA!

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 1.54.55 PM.png

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else submit their secondary and see this? Wondering whether I should contact admission about it. Everything I submitted seems to meet their requirements. TIA!

View attachment 374594
Some schools update their portals only once or twice a week (not constantly) so having done your part, it's time for more waiting

• Wow
Anyone still having issues with the prereq section? I can't add any of my P/NP classes, they simply don't show up. It's also really hard to drag and drop in the bottom sections. I've emailed admissions, hoping for a quick response.

Anyone still having issues with the prereq section? I can't add any of my P/NP classes, they simply don't show up. It's also really hard to drag and drop in the bottom sections. I've emailed admissions, hoping for a quick response.
I just added those to the alternative coursework section! I figured that worked and just added a note that they were taken P/F and didn’t show up on the previous page.

is anybody having issues logging in? it says there is a problem with the credentials you provided although my password is autosaved

Anyone else have difficulties with pre-req’s: it seems like the years they give only pertain to the fall classes. For instance, I took an intro bio course in Spring, 2020 but they have listed it as 2nd semester (Spring) 2019

Anyone else have difficulties with pre-req’s: it seems like the years they give only pertain to the fall classes. For instance, I took an intro bio course in Spring, 2020 but they have listed it as 2nd semester (Spring) 2019
I think I know what you're talking about. The years didn't appear to make sense for my classes either but I double checked AMCAS and it was correct so i just ignored it.

"Your application is ready."

Does this mean the application is complete or do I need to do anything else?

"Your application is ready."

Does this mean the application is complete or do I need to do anything else?
Uhhhh

I'm pretty sure it means you're done with everything

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Yikes I need to use AP credit too but have no idea how to access my reports anymore for the dates
You don't need your AP scores from high school.
You just need evidence that your college granted you college credit for those courses,
AND that the AP credits were assigned to a specific category (history, Bio, Chem or etc.)

You don't need your AP scores from high school.
You just need evidence that your college granted you college credit for those courses,
AND that the AP credits were assigned to a specific category (history, Bio, Chem or etc.)
Brown requests the date unfortunately, even though it's on my transcript. "If you believe that you have fulfilled competency through a standardized examination such as Advanced Placement or the SAT II, please list the name, date and score of the exam(s) in the text box below that you wish to substitute in lieu of a premedical course."

Brown requests the date unfortunately, even though it's on my transcript. "If you believe that you have fulfilled competency through a standardized examination such as Advanced Placement or the SAT II, please list the name, date and score of the exam(s) in the text box below that you wish to substitute in lieu of a premedical course."

one positive of applying for MCAT accommodations was that i had to compile all these scores (scores of every standardized test i have ever taken) for that. it’s not too hard to access college board stuff again, as long as you have access to your email that your college board account is linked to, you can view SAT, SAT II, AP, and PSAT easily (takes like 5 mins to update password at most)

now the ACT? that’s a whole different beast (still doable but jeez they have switched servers like 2 or 3 times since i took it, took like 50 minutes to get in and you can’t even save a pdf of your score like college board so i had to SCREENSHOT THEM lol)

My school did universal pass/fail system for the spring 2020 semester. This is making my physics II and physics II lab courses not show up because they were automatically pass failed by my school. This is making me not be able to hit the course requirements. Not sure what to do and how is this even fair or did they just not to think to consider this.

My school did universal pass/fail system for the spring 2020 semester. This is making my physics II and physics II lab courses not show up because they were automatically pass failed by my school. This is making me not be able to hit the course requirements. Not sure what to do and how is this even fair or did they just not to think to consider this.
I used AP credit and couldn't select them. I emailed them and they said to just mention it in the "alternative courses" section.