2023-2024 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah same I never received an MD secondary. emailed and no response either
but i have gotten the MSTP one
Isnt it that when you apply for MSTP they determine whether they want to take you for PhD or not for an interview and move you over to MD pile if not suitable for MSTP?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For people who applied MSTP only (no MD), do we have to answer the MD prompts as well ("In addition to training as a competent physician...")?

For people who applied MSTP only (no MD), do we have to answer the MD prompts as well ("In addition to training as a competent physician...")?
Just the MSTP prompts showed up on my secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
Isnt it that when you apply for MSTP they determine whether they want to take you for PhD or not for an interview and move you over to MD pile if not suitable for MSTP?
Yes, but I applied via TMDSAS as well as AMCAS... got the go-ahead from a current med student in admissions so idk

II just now! IS, ORM, LM: 77, CS major. Complete 6/5/2023.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Time to be neurotic: anyone know how much Casper affects admissions within TX?

Just a heads up: according to Temple admissions, Baylor admissions in general will be earlier and interviews will be sent earlier, as you see. The Baylor match, in general, will be conducted two weeks earlier (so not in March, but rather in February).

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
if I was complete early June, is it safe to assume I got yeeted lol
Based off my neuroticism and checking last year's thread, just because someone who was complete later than you received an II, that does not mean you can't receive an II later in the cycle. So no not safe to assume that yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Time to be neurotic: anyone know how much Casper affects admissions within TX?
Anecdotal evidence, but I scored 2nd quartile and have received IIs from A&M and Baylor.

Just a heads up: according to Temple admissions, Baylor admissions in general will be earlier and interviews will be sent earlier, as you see. The Baylor match, in general, will be conducted two weeks earlier (so not in March, but rather in February).
@MCAThiccy are they assigning campuses before match this year?

I'm a bit confused, do you mind explaining? If we got an II just now we're being considered for the Houston campus likely and we'll know if we match in Feb rather than in March?

Also IS II, complete 6/14 with LM 83.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a bit confused, do you mind explaining? If we got an II just now we're being considered for the Houston campus likely and we'll know if we match in Feb rather than in March?

Also IS II, complete 6/14 with LM 83.
Wow 83?

@texasvandy they campus match after the Feb 16tg match. In general, the TMDSAS match for all schools occurs on Feb 16, 2024.
Students get an interview invite for Baylor and are interviewing for a Baylor A in general.

@texasvandy they campus match after the Feb 16tg match. In general, the TMDSAS match for all schools occurs on Feb 16, 2024.
Students get an interview invite for Baylor and are interviewing for a Baylor A in general.
You're confusing all the newbies, @MCAThiccy :D

Last year was the first year of Baylor having 2 campus locations (Houston & Temple).
There was some drama and confusion about it (see last year's thread if you want to read).
So @MCAThiccy will it be the same as last time, you rank Baylor in general for TMDSAS Match and find out later which campus?

By the way, there are some other big schools that do it this way too

Last edited:
You're confusing all the newbies, @MCAThiccy :D

Last year was the first year of Baylor having 2 campus locations (Houston & Temple).
There was some drama and confusion about it (see last year's thread if you want to read).
So @MCAThiccy will it be the same as last time, you rank Bayor in general for TMDSAS Match and find out later which campus?

By the way, there are some other big schools that do it this way too
Yes, Wysdoc. When you get a Baylor Interview, you were interviewing for the acceptance into Baylor. Let’s say, that John Oompa Loompa, get an Interview at Baylor. John may be interviewed by a physician at Temple or by a physician at Houston. Their location does not matter because really, John is interviewing for the general acceptance into Baylor. A temple student may also an Interview John. Just because John was interviewed by an individual who is affiliated with Temple does not mean that John will automatically be placed into temple. John will still have to be accepted into Baylor and then select his campus preference.

And then an individual in admissions stated that in general, the TMDSAS will have the official match date on February 16 and not March 3. So this upcoming match will be held two weeks earlier, and therefore interviews for taxes will be conducted a little sooner than we saw last year.

And yes, I asked if I can interview some of the applicants. So your boy is going to be interviewing some of you guys. And personally, I’m not gonna tell you who I am, but I want to see patient interaction stories and examples. I want to see what makes you a great, compassionate physician, not just some researcher.

And then an individual in admissions stated that in general, the TMDSAS will have the official match date on February 16 and not March 3. So this upcoming match will be held two weeks earlier, and therefore interviews for taxes will be conducted a little sooner than we saw last year.
Thanks I’m kinda glad Match Day is moved earlier to February this year

Don't worry, all you 2023-2024 applicants, it's way too early to ask about Match Day as we are just starting interview season.
We will discuss and explain things in plenty of time on the Official TMDSAS Questions thread.

Last edited:
  • Wow
IS II a few hours ago! Complete 6/8 and LM 75

And yes, I asked if I can interview some of the applicants. So your boy is going to be interviewing some of you guys. And personally, I’m not gonna tell you who I am, but I want to see patient interaction stories and examples. I want to see what makes you a great, compassionate physician, not just some researcher.
If someone pays me I am willing to but by the time he interviews you, he will be listed as running Temple campus so you wouldn't even know he is a student.

• Wow
Thanks I’m kinda glad Match Day is moved earlier to February this year

Don't worry, all you 2023-2024 applicants, it's way too early to ask about Match Day as we are just starting interview season.
We will discuss and explain things in plenty of time on the Official TMDSAS Questions thread.
May be that is the reason they are calling mid July. Last year most schools started end of July and early August.

Baylor tends to batch them 2-3 times a month, look at last year's pattern to see what I mean #2
I didn't even know this page existed. But now I do.

Hoping to see some OOS love with all these II’s rolling in!

Congrats y'all! If you don't mind sharing, when were y'all complete?

Reactions: 2 users
Do student interviewers see our applications, or do they go in blind?