Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've decided that the carrot and pepper are my favorite... their stems bounce and it's cute.

Thanks, and I just noticed that... hmm... interesting...

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have any info about the new med school in el paso, texas? I was reading the amcas book description and sounds pretty cool!

anyone have any info about the new med school in el paso, texas? I was reading the amcas book description and sounds pretty cool!

I have. I interviewed there, and was accepted off of the waitlist. It is a really awesome school. Do you have any specific questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
funkmonk,

are you a TX resident? what happened to your monkey pic. i like that one better than a dancing banana.

43 schools, Elijah? That's a lot. Maybe you should cut some out, or you will be driven crazy with secondaries.

I'll also be attending the Tulane party. I know my way around

:thumbup: I've got to apply or my LA buddy would kill me. Plus he has about 10 hotties he wants to introduce me to. You guys are all welcome... I can only handle 9. :D

I think that'd get an infraction. Unless you were posting pictures of me as a Mardi Gras queen... nothing infractionable about that.

Only if you are in the below stated clothing...

I'll be in mine[daisy dukes], that's all that matters, right?

Actually, I think the real important question is where are those little shorts going to end up as the day rolls to a close? ;)

Somebody other than Lukkie apply to Case. Quick!!

I'll save you! Anything for a penguin!

:thumbup: Me too! I think Case might be a little bit of a reach school for me considering the location, but I do have quite a bit of research, so you never know.

if you dont get in theres something wrong with this process...honestly you could apply to 4 schools and you would still get accepted lol. I dont think ive ever seen an app on paper that is as sick as yours. Youd have to be the most illiterate, anti-social, hermit, who also hates the human race during your interviews to not get in :p

Or her daisy dukes...

funkmonk,

are you a TX resident? what happened to your monkey pic. i like that one better than a dancing banana.

Nope. I am an CA resident. I moved to El Paso, Texas during 2nd grade and went to most of elementary school there... I also have a bunch of family, family friends, and my own friends who live in Texas.

About the avatar... I got tired of the monkey:eek: and I wanted a change. I was looking at an old thread, and saw someone with my present avatar, and I could not stop laughing for 10 minutes, and had to have it, so I searched for it online and got it...

Anyone know how much the TMDSAS application is?

43 schools, Elijah? That's a lot. Maybe you should cut some out, or you will be driven crazy with secondaries.

I speak with experience when I say don't apply to too many schools... but I also have the hindsight bias apply towards me... My other piece of advice is that you have NO IDEA which schools will like/ hate you, so apply with caution...

Okay... that sounds like bad advice...

I speak with experience when I say don't apply to too many schools... but I also have the hindsight bias apply towards me... My other piece of advice is that you have NO IDEA which schools will like/ hate you, so apply with caution...

How many did you actually end up applying to and filling out secondaries for?

Anyone know how much the TMDSAS application is?

Texas Resident Applicants $75 for the first school and $10 for each additional school

Non-Texas Resident Applicants $120 for the first school and $10 for each additional school

They raised the prices this year... I guess now they are actually paying someone to maintain the website....

Nope. I am an CA resident. I moved to El Paso, Texas during 2nd grade and went to most of elementary school there... I also have a bunch of family, family friends, and my own friends who live in Texas.

About the avatar... I got tired of the monkey:eek: and I wanted a change. I was looking at an old thread, and saw someone with my present avatar, and I could not stop laughing for 10 minutes, and had to have it, so I searched for it online and got it...

So is it advantageous if you have some connections to Texas, like relatives who live there or something?

Really debating whether I should open TMDSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Texas Resident Applicants $75 for the first school and $10 for each additional school

Non-Texas Resident Applicants $120 for the first school and $10 for each additional school

They raised the prices this year... I guess now they are actually paying someone to maintain the website....

Still seems reasonable.

How many schools do they have?

whats up with Tulane party?? anyone would like to explain??

So is it advantageous if you have some connections to Texas, like relatives who live there or something?

I thought so, but I was talking to someone at my undergrad who told me that she had no ties to TX but was still admitted to the TX med schools...

Still seems reasonable.

How many schools do they have?

Medical Schools:
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Director of Admissions: Anne P. McLane
Medical School Admissions
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, Texas 75390-9162
Phone: 214-648-5617
Fax: 214-648-3289
Email: [email protected]

Texas A&M Health Science Center, College of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs & Admissions
159 Reynolds Medical Building
College Station, Texas 77843-1114
Phone: 979-845-7743
Fax: 979-845-5533
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Medical School Admissions
301 University Boulevard
Galveston, Texas 77555-0817
Phone: 409-772-6958
Fax: 409-747-2909

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
Office of Admissions
School of Medicine - 2B116
3601 4th Street
Lubbock, Texas 79430
Phone: 806-743-2297
Fax: 806-743-2725

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Medical School
Associate Dean for Admissions
Main Building, G-420
6431 Fannin, MSBG420
Houston, Texas 77030
Phone: 713-500-5116
Fax: 713-500-0604

University of North Texas HSC - Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Medical Student Admissions
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, Texas 76107-2699
Phone: 800-535-TCOM (8266)
Fax: 817-735-2225

The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
Associate Dean for Admissions
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Phone: 210-567-6080
Fax: 210-567-6962

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Paul L. Foster School of Medicine at El Paso
Office of Admissions
5100 El Paso Drive
El Paso, Texas 79905
Phone: 915-783-1250
Fax: 915-783-1265

well im doing 43 because my MCAT score kinda sucks, i guess at least its as balanced as possible...and im not going to retake it. I know its crazy but honestly, I dont care where i get accepted and even though i have interesting life experiences, good gpa, adversities blah blah, i still feel that my chances will be severely hindered due to my mcat. Im afriad if i cut off like 10 schools what if one of those ones would have been the ones to accept me? On my list i can see 3 schools i may cut (emory, dartmouth, mt sinai) but even then its still 40 schools, and all 3 of those secondaries are fairly short.

Dont apply to too many schools, but you never know who will accept you????? Youre confusing me lol. but serious do you really think its a bad idea in my case with my mcat score? I mean in reality i can only see 3 reach schools im applying to. also apps are cheap for me...if i wipe 10 schools off ill save 310 dollars...which is a lot but im having a hard time justfying cutting schools when 2ndaries are free and i have no idea who wil like me and who wont.. Any suggestions are welcome though.

Yes. I am actually a penguin. Being leaned on by a girl.
I just noticed that it's a penguin. I thought it was a pillow before!

VICTORY!

top_gun.jpg
I had one a lot like that. Let's see if I can find it. I think it was this one:
topgun_2.jpg

:laugh:

When it comes to the women, they are hot!!! And obviously can't speak well, so it's perfect!!! That's where I'm going when I'm ready to select a wife. ;)
I always thought my wife would just show up one day. I didn't ever think of it as a selection thing.

Don't they give you guys a couple day to take the MCAT there and allow internet access during the exam?
You mean the internet wasn't allowed when taking the MCAT? I guess my score is invalid then.

class of 2014 yayy!!

question for some of you more experienced SDN'ers... how much consideration should we give to the % 'out of state' matriculants for each school? Is there a certain % that we should look for to help us decide if we should apply there or not?
I'm only applying to two schools out of state that are even biased at all. UVM and OHSU. All my others are private schools that don't care what state you're from.

Woooo woooo

I'm off on a quest to find gummi creatures... be back soon.
Without the context of seeing what was in this thread earlier today, that looks really strange.

We should all apply to Loma Linda and smuggle a few 40's into the interviews then engage in unsolicited fornication. Now that would be fun.
I wonder how often people get there and have no idea what Loma Linda really is before they start the tour/interview.

Damn, you guys are all applying to Tulane? What's so great about there anyways?
It's relatively easy to get into from OOS.

:laugh:
i think i'll wait till everybody is sleeping to get my top
PERV. Isn't this the second time you've had a perverted top quote?

I bolded the ones I'm applying to. :) I think Bryson is a VA resident, too, but he's not around right now.
Yeah, I'm at UVA. Been here since....well a long time. Fire away if you have any questions about VA, or UVA.

i'm applying
UVA
U of Maryland
Go Hoos!

Somebody other than Lukkie apply to Case. Quick!!
I think I am! I really want to do the research program, but I don't think my app is competitive enough.

lol i guess me and u are the only southpark fans, i was eating and that ep came on. I love that one.
I love sp. I just never get a chance to watch it anymore. I especially love the WOW episode and the Joseph Smith one (no offense LDS folks, one of my bffs is LDS, not kidding, i've known him since birth).

2014 PARTY AT TULANE RSVP NOW!!!!

k

Yeah, me too. If you look at it this way, you can apply to all 8 schools for $190, including the app fee. That's cheaper than the $250 you would pay through AMCAS.

whats up with Tulane party?? anyone would like to explain??

Sure, it's all about getting KissMe back into her daisy dukes. Here is a picture of her from last year.

celebrities_female_163.jpg

I thought so, but I was talking to someone at my undergrad who told me that she had no ties to TX but was still admitted to the TX med schools...

Nice! Good to know!

Thanks for the school info as well. I'm saving that info. :thumbup:

Yeah, me too. If you look at it this way, you can apply to all 8 schools for $190, including the app fee. That's cheaper than the $250 you would pay through AMCAS.

Sure, it's all about getting KissMe back into her daisy dukes. Here is a picture of her from last year.

celebrities_female_163.jpg

Nice! Good to know!

Thanks for the school info as well. I'm saving that info. :thumbup:
kissmeee is hot :thumbup:. I wanna come to tulane now :D

2014 PARTY AT TULANE RSVP NOW!!!!

k

WoooT! I'm in!

Oh, Bryson, that Loma Linda interview would be hilarious. I wonder what happens to the docs that graduate from there.

TX have 8 medical schools and 1 DO which is TCOM. Baylor and UTSW is a little bit friendly for OOS with acceptance rate ot ~25-30%.

the others are only ~10% OOS b/c state law.

p.s. Can anyone teach me how to quote multiple people with your own comments into one reply?

TX have 8 medical schools and 1 DO which is TCOM. Baylor and UTSW is a little bit friendly for OOS with acceptance rate ot ~25-30%.

the others are only ~10% OOS b/c state law.

p.s. Can anyone teach me how to quote multiple people with your own comments into one reply?

The button next to the quote button. Click it for all the posts you want to quote. Then, click reply

lol too bad a woman that hot and as smart as ksmi is only a fantasy :(:(:(.

it's not a fantasy. Carrie Prejean (Miss Cali) is hot and smart. she has the brain of a conservative and the body of a celeb with no silicons attached. don't believe th tabloids and perez hilton about her boob job.

Still don't see the resemblance.

Ouch.

I didnt mean it like that :(.

it's not a fantasy. Carrie Prejean (Miss Cali) is hot and smart. she has the brain of a conservative and the body of a celeb with no silicons attached. don't believe th tabloids and perez hilton about her boob job.

Shes not that hot.....i know you might say im crazy but w/e...ive never had a thing for blonde white girls though....

wait what are the entering class profile for tulane? anyone know?

funky, are UT schools friendly to OOS kids?

Kind ofish... they like relatively high numbers, and if you get an interview, keep praising Texas as if your life depended on it. At my UTMB interview, the mission, which was emblazoned upon the wall said that they are there to train the Texas physicians of Tomorrow.

wait what are the entering class profile for tulane? Anyone know?

3.6 GPA 31 mcat. 178 total in the class and 150 are OOS. Curious though is the nola area really that bad???? I mean im sure theres still effects of katrina but considering the fact that i think nola has like the highest violent crime/murder rate in the country, makes me want to shy away@_@. Is it unsafe as it seems?

with the quality of women im qualified to get, thats the only way i can enjoy the boom boom :(

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's why there's alcohol!

You can turn this:

woman-ugly1.jpg

Into this in

271750_main.jpg

about and hour!

Shes not that hot.....i know you might say im crazy but w/e...ive never had a thing for blonde white girls though....

Dude, she is so hot. The only reason you can say that she's not is because you know you're never getting any of that. :smuggrin:

3.6 GPA 31 mcat. 178 total in the class and 150 are OOS. Curious though is the nola area really that bad???? I mean im sure theres still effects of katrina but considering the fact that i think nola has like the highest violent crime/murder rate in the country, makes me want to shy away@_@. Is it unsafe as it seems?

Don't apply to SLU either, if you are scared... During the tour, our tourguide told us how she got carjacked twice...

There are bad parts, and there are safe parts. Don't even get me started on Katrina...

Alright guys. I'm back off to study... Have a good night!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's why there's alcohol!

You can turn this:

woman-ugly1.jpg

Into this in

271750_main.jpg

about and hour!

Dude, she is so hot. The only reason you can say that she's not is because you know you're never getting any of that. :smuggrin:

LOL ok you got me :(.

Don't apply to SLU either, if you are scared... During the tour, our tourguide told us how she got carjacked twice...
SLU isnt that bad i used to live in that area, there are some ****ty parts of st louis (east) but overall as long as you stay away from there its not too bad. If nola is no worse the SLU maybe i should apply then....

:laugh: Dude, I was so using Carrot top for my next top post!

Alright guys. I'm back off to study... Have a good night!

Same here...darn you quarter system and your finals in June... Oh and you 2014ers are cool!

PM me if you have any questions... Good luck!