NYCOM C/O 2012 Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a817

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i am starting this thread, because I don't want to bother NYCOM aceptees and their thread. good luck on your pre orientation bbq, hopefullt i can attend :)

Any one else on the waitlist? Are you guys priority or regular? It seems like most people on the wait list dont really check SDN too much.

I spoke Ms. Croot, and she seems very confident that the waitlist wont move before July, which scares me to think they might be over filled or something, because it started to move in may last year.

But she did take a couple off the waitlist for med prep, so i guess it cant be over filled.

Any withdrawals? I know suny buffalo and NYMC wait lists are starting to move rapidly, so i am hoping for a couple of withdrawals there.

This list is so difficult to predict, that I am about to blow my brains out. :boom:

Thank God for Happy Hour!!!! :D

good luck to everyone on a waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

hey did you get any new info on the waitlist? I know NYCOM is vague about the process. I am pretty sure it has yet to move

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything yet?

Bump, has anyone heard anything about the wait list? Any withdrawals? I am getting extremely nervous now :(.

Judging from this forum it seems like they are not many people on the waitlist, since i rarely see anyone talk about it. I am almost sure i am wrong and there are quite a few people on it.

Last edited:
I dropped by the office today and they still said no-go on the wait list.

Many of the people that I spoke with mentioned that they are expecting little movement, but of course I hope they are wrong.

I swear I remember a lot of movement by this time last year, though I could be mistaken.

I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!

I swear I remember a lot of movement by this time last year, though I could be mistaken.

I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!

yea last year it looked like it started to move at may but the bulk came off in july. I am just scared that they are overfilled.

Thanks for the wishes

Thanks Vee!

Also does anyone know how they contacted those off the wait list? Was of via email or reg. mail?

Thanks Vee!

Also does anyone know how they contacted those off the wait list? Was of via email or reg. mail?

i think they generally call you. There is a SDN user metalmd who came off the wait list and put into the med prep program. He was called

i think i lost all hope :(

Members don't see this ad :)
awww, don't be sad, at least you'll be with us at Touro!! :love:

Thanks :)... it looks like i will be going to Tourocom, unless something happens out of the blue. Hope to see you there!!!

This process is extremely painful :(

hopefully it will all be good news in no time

It looks like in last year's list that people didn't start coming off until later in the month, but I wouldn't complain either way.

Is there anyone else on the wait list other than the 4 of us who keep this forum alive? If so when were you interviewed/wait-listed (or even accepted from the list)?

good luck to you guys on the waitlist. I donno whats up with waitlists this year. :confused:

Good luck guys...hope we all get good news soon.

Has anyone interview before mid march and was waitlisted? i interviewed there on the 26th of march. was anyone excepted after interviewing that late?

I interviewed in early Feb.

From what I gathered, the wait list seems to be a function of your application, and not interview date. It looks as if people who were interviewed at all random times got in off the wait list last year. Then again I could be completely wrong seeing that they don't let us know anything about this process :mad:

Hey guys,

I am on the waitlist too. I hope it moves within the next week or it is to late for me... heading to LECOM for orientaion July 26th.

Hey guys,

I am on the waitlist too. I hope it moves within the next week or it is to late for me... heading to LECOM for orientaion July 26th.

good luck to you,

Any body get any info from them? I just want to know if the waitlist is expected to move or not, or if the class is overfilled, whats is your rank on the waitlist. It sucks that you cant even get that much info from the school, but i guess we have to deal with it.

I don't even see anyone withdrawing from nycom which is odd, since the buffalo, nymc etc. wait lists are moving

BTW: When does med prep end? Maybe they are waiting to see how many people get accepted from that program and then they can see how many spot are left available, and it might start to move after its done.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just received an acceptance at PCOM on 7/3 and will be officially withdrawing my acceptance from NYCOM this week, once PCOM receives my deposit. Hope the wait list starts moving soon and the spot goes to someone who really wants it! Best of luck to everyone!

Also, I posted this on another thread yesterday, but wasn't sure which students were checking what threads for their info...

Hang in there guys. The waitlist has to move at some point. Good luck!!!:luck::luck::luck:

thanks kappy,

Well it looks like the med prep's have been accepted. I hope they are some seats available for us wait listers. Hopefully a few more withdrawals

I really fell in love with the school, and don't want to go to any other school

I really hope i will get a call :(

Last edited:
thanks kappy,

Well it looks like the med prep's have been accepted. I hope they are some seats available for us wait listers. Hopefully a few more withdrawals

I really fell in love with the school, and don't want to go to any other school

I really hope i will get a call :(
Good luck! I really think you'll get off the waitlist. A friend of mine did and his stats were pretty low. That gives me hope for next year. Even my MCAT was better than his and my gpa is much higher.

Good luck! I really think you'll get off the waitlist. A friend of mine did and his stats were pretty low. That gives me hope for next year. Even my MCAT was better than his and my gpa is much higher.

Thank You,

You have no idea how excited I would be if I got in... I think everyone on this forum and probably everyone who works for NYCOM admissions knows how badly i want to get in. :p

BTW: Your stats are not as bad as you make them out to be. You have an amazing gpa. You have a great shot at NYCOM :)

Good luck on the mcat again

Last edited:

Last edited:
...and the wait continues, thanks again everyone for the support.

...and the wait continues, thanks again everyone for the support.

I hope the med prep students didnt take all the seats available :(. This is probably the saddest thread on SDN

I don't think Med Prep students take seats away from wait-listers. The program is built into the number of seats available and is taken as a conditional acceptance. The only scenario that would free up med prep seats for waitlisters is if a student fails the program, and the general consensus is that only a couple (if any) med prep students will suffer that fate.

Keep your heads up. There is still 5 weeks until the start of classes. A lot can happen between then and now.

I don't think Med Prep students take seats away from wait-listers. The program is built into the number of seats available and is taken as a conditional acceptance. The only scenario that would free up med prep seats for waitlisters is if a student fails the program, and the general consensus is that only a couple (if any) med prep students will suffer that fate.

Keep your heads up. There is still 5 weeks until the start of classes. A lot can happen between then and now.

Thanks, i guess all i can hope for is that some spots are available. Congrats on NYCOM again.

Good luck guys, I'm rooting for you all!

Does NYCOM have a ranked waitlist?

Eric, what are your stats if you don't mind telling me? I applied for next year but am retaking my MCAT or otherwise I'm screwed.

It looks like in last year's list that people didn't start coming off until later in the month, but I wouldn't complain either way.

Is there anyone else on the wait list other than the 4 of us who keep this forum alive? If so when were you interviewed/wait-listed (or even accepted from the list)?

Yep. I'm also waiting. They have a huge class (300+) I think there should be room for a couple more!

Yep. I'm also waiting. They have a huge class (300+) I think there should be room for a couple more!

You would think, but the list hasn't moved all summer. Less than 5 weeks to go.

Good luck guys, I'm rooting for you all!

Does NYCOM have a ranked waitlist?

Eric, what are your stats if you don't mind telling me? I applied for next year but am retaking my MCAT or otherwise I'm screwed.

NYCOM informed us that the list is not ranked.

Last edited:
hi all,
i am also on the waitlist for this year. i just discovered this discussion today!! i saw in previous years that there were several types of waitlists....priority, regular, etc. Does anyone know if that is the case this year too???

hi all,
i am also on the waitlist for this year. i just discovered this discussion today!! i saw in previous years that there were several types of waitlists....priority, regular, etc. Does anyone know if that is the case this year too???

This seems to be the question of the hour. If you read other forums, its seems as if nobody has a definite answer to this question; but the common consensus is that if there was no difference then why would the different lists exist.

As for asking NYCOM, I have tried, and they were not so forth coming with information. It seems to be a black box of mystery none of us are meant to figure out, while we continue to sit on the edges of our seats.

This seems to be the question of the hour. If you read other forums, its seems as if nobody has a definite answer to this question; but the common consensus is that if there was no difference then why would the different lists exist.

As for asking NYCOM, I have tried, and they were not so forth coming with information. It seems to be a black box of mystery none of us are meant to figure out, while we continue to sit on the edges of our seats.

I was informed that they are different lists, but no one knows how much truth there is too it. My letter said priority wait list, I haven't head a thing. No one has, since the list has not moved.

I really hope i get in, since they were my first choice even before i applied but it is looking more and more grim by the day. :(

if we do hear from NYCOM in the next few days, it will probably be a phone call right?? i get anxious every time i hear the mail truck coming up the street....haha

if we do hear from NYCOM in the next few days, it will probably be a phone call right?? i get anxious every time i hear the mail truck coming up the street....haha

Yea it seems like that is how everyone was notified last year(by phone). I dont think anyone has gotten in yet.

Good luck to everyone

Last edited:
I feel for you guys. Keep your heads up! I really hope that you get a call from NYCOM soon. If not, don't give up; especially on NYCOM. Med-Prep gave me the feeling that this is an excellent place to learn medicine. GOOD LUCK!!

Bump

Any one hear anything yet?

still nothing...

has anyone gotten a regular waitlist letter or is everyone here priority?

still nothing...

has anyone gotten a regular waitlist letter or is everyone here priority?

It's never a good sign, when someone withdraws and still no movement :(. I am praying that they are not overfilled

do u know how much extra space they have for an overfilled class?