St. Mathews Uni. School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDstudent101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was browising on the web and there it goes I come across this school St. Mathews University School of Medicine. By far this is one of the most intriguing Carrib. Med School that I have seen. Does anybody know anything about it like is it fully accredited in the U.S.?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I'm a 4th semester at SMU, and I absolutely hate it! I am applying to transfer now to either AUA or Sint Eustatius. SMU is sooooo deceptive; they tell you one thing and leave out a part, or find some other way to mislead you. They are very dubious in my opinion. I would not trust anything they said. Watch out for what they tell you about graduation, residency, clinicals, state licensure, basic sciences. They will mislead you about anything. I have never seen such a deceptive school. And, they monitor everything you do, ie. valuemcrap, what you watch on tv or the internet while you live in the dorms in cayman. Yes, they set your channels and what you can get on the internet. They talk soo rudely to students with threatening remarks, then turn around and ask you "when did we do that?" Look at their residency listing. Then look at other schools list their residency positions. Notice something different. How come SMU puts all of their residencies up at the same time without seperating who got what in each specific year. All the crediblde schools do; SMU lumps all of their residencies together. Why, they are trying to hide their shortcomings, their failure to produce quality residencies. They say they got this and that residency to us, but look at what the other schools are getting, SABA, MUA, AUC, Ross, SGU, Sint Eustatius, and probably a lot of other schools. No one seems to graduate from SMU and actually be practicing with the exception of a handful of people. They say they are a young school. Bull! They have been around a lot longer than SE, AUA, MUA, probably SABA, and I am sure others. Students are transferring in is what some say, but it sure seems to me a lot of students are transferring out!!! The students I talk with tell me they hate SMU, but don't want to say anything. A lot of them are planning on leaving after they pass step 1! I have heard quite a few have left already. Time to jump ship before it sinks. You have been warned. Best wishes to you!

Hahaha yes you are correct! This school is by far the most deceptive school i've heard of!!!!:eek: I did some research and read other forums and this school is already banned in like 8 states, tsh I hope you can transfer while you can!!!!!! Thats so sad that a school that says they have quality and eqaul factors in their Medical Education as the United States can be so misleading and deceptive!!! Tsh I give this school about 4 more yrs at that lol and it is shutting down, ah who knows!!! :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha yes you are correct! This school is by far the most deceptive school i've heard of!!!!:eek: I did some research and read other forums and this school is already banned in like 8 states, tsh I hope you can transfer while you can!!!!!! Thats so sad that a school that says they have quality and eqaul factors in their Medical Education as the United States can be so misleading and deceptive!!! Tsh I give this school about 4 more yrs at that lol and it is shutting down, ah who knows!!! :confused:

I found a lot out I didn't like thats why I did not go there myself, :thumbdown:

IMO

I found a lot out I didn't like thats why I did not go there myself, have a few friends that transferred out, the stories seem to be no different than AUC or Ross except the no posting negative rule, students are hunted down from what I here, if they post anything negative about the school hear or on Value MD, the mod at VMD sanitizes all posts there.:thumbdown:

OOPS,,ST CHRISTOPHERS CLOSED,,,BECOME A BUS DRIVER THEN

OOPS,,ST CHRISTOPHERS CLOSED,,,BECOME A BUS DRIVER THEN
WHO is St. Christophers? I do not go to that school, know who your trying to be a troll to first!

It's not my fault you are bitter about where you go, I think you should grow up and lay off the threats here too.

:spam:

Hi. I'm a 4th semester at SMU, and I absolutely hate it! I am applying to transfer now to either AUA or Sint Eustatius. SMU is sooooo deceptive; they tell you one thing and leave out a part, or find some other way to mislead you. They are very dubious in my opinion. I would not trust anything they said. Watch out for what they tell you about graduation, residency, clinicals, state licensure, basic sciences. They will mislead you about anything. I have never seen such a deceptive school. And, they monitor everything you do, ie. valuemcrap, what you watch on tv or the internet while you live in the dorms in cayman. Yes, they set your channels and what you can get on the internet. They talk soo rudely to students with threatening remarks, then turn around and ask you "when did we do that?" Look at their residency listing. Then look at other schools list their residency positions. Notice something different. How come SMU puts all of their residencies up at the same time without seperating who got what in each specific year. All the crediblde schools do; SMU lumps all of their residencies together. Why, they are trying to hide their shortcomings, their failure to produce quality residencies. They say they got this and that residency to us, but look at what the other schools are getting, SABA, MUA, AUC, Ross, SGU, Sint Eustatius, and probably a lot of other schools. No one seems to graduate from SMU and actually be practicing with the exception of a handful of people. They say they are a young school. Bull! They have been around a lot longer than SE, AUA, MUA, probably SABA, and I am sure others. Students are transferring in is what some say, but it sure seems to me a lot of students are transferring out!!! The students I talk with tell me they hate SMU, but don't want to say anything. A lot of them are planning on leaving after they pass step 1! I have heard quite a few have left already. Time to jump ship before it sinks. You have been warned. Best wishes to you!

And a couple months ago, this is what you said

"I love SMU!

SMU is the greatest medical school ever!!!!

Our administration has been sensational! My friend recently had some difficulty, and SMU went out of their way to help him get his classes. Unbelievable how well SMU works with their students to help them. Truly something special!

Our faculty is simply the best! They want us to succeed, and they do everything they can to help us. We really appreciate that and them!!

Our students are some of the nicest and hardest working medical students you will ever find. It has been an absolute pleasure to know and work with them. I become more and more impressed with my fellow SMU students everday! SMU is going to produce some of the best doctors the world has ever seen! I truly believe this.

St. Matthew's University School of Medicine is #1!!!!! "

Love it or Hate it, but there are 2 threads with identical titles are going :rolleyes: What for? :confused:

And a couple months ago, this is what you said

"I love SMU!

SMU is the greatest medical school ever!!!!

Our administration has been sensational! My friend recently had some difficulty, and SMU went out of their way to help him get his classes. Unbelievable how well SMU works with their students to help them. Truly something special!

Our faculty is simply the best! They want us to succeed, and they do everything they can to help us. We really appreciate that and them!!

Our students are some of the nicest and hardest working medical students you will ever find. It has been an absolute pleasure to know and work with them. I become more and more impressed with my fellow SMU students everday! SMU is going to produce some of the best doctors the world has ever seen! I truly believe this.

St. Matthew's University School of Medicine is #1!!!!! "

He did and he got banned for it too I remember, He got banned for telling people how great he thought SMU is and now he's changed his mind and you still gang up on him.:sleep:

I found a lot out I didn't like thats why I did not go there myself, have a few friends that transferred out, the stories seem to be no different than AUC or Ross except the no posting negative rule, students are hunted down from what I here, if they post anything negative about the school hear or on Value MD, the mod at VMD sanitizes all posts there.:thumbdown:

I'm sure the SMU mod hasn't done as much harm as the former St. Chris mod who transfered to a school in the Caribbean. You of all people should know better than to post these accusations.

For others on this forum seeking the truth take what you hear from these people with a grain of salt. Be especially careful of the ones who claim to have inside info and actually have not attended the school.

It is no secret that the school was disapproved in Cali. No one is hiding that. But others fail to mention that the school has been able to obtain approval at other states which some of the schools mentioned in this thread do not have. The school is far from perfect, it has its problems, but overall I am satisfied with what I have received so far. Good luck.

He did and he got banned for it too I remember, He got banned for telling people how great he thought SMU is and now he's changed his mind and you still gang up on him.:sleep:

Doesn't it concern you there are thought and propaganda people out there connected?

You of all people should know the TOS...

I'm sure the SMU mod hasn't done as much harm as the former St. Chris mod who transfered to a school in the Caribbean. You of all people should know better than to post these accusations.

For others on this forum seeking the truth take what you hear from these people with a grain of salt. Be especially careful of the ones who claim to have inside info and actually have not attended the school.

It is no secret that the school was disapproved in Cali. No one is hiding that. But others fail to mention that the school has been able to obtain approval at other states which some of the schools mentioned in this thread do not have. The school is far from perfect, it has its problems, but overall I am satisfied with what I have received so far. Good luck.

Your a mod for the SMU Forum on VMD and you come here to Violate TOS now? Good job, Who says I'm the former whatever I just do not like SMU after researching the school myself, I think there is a lot of truth in some of the students who post negative about SMU It doesn't matter if you are satisfied, many grads from Spartan are satisfied, many from Grace were satisfied and now you attack like the old threads from those St. Chris people Good job buddy.:luck:

note, just because people have similar screen names here as at other medical web sites, this does NOT mean they are the same person. use your judgement if you have it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You of all people should know the TOS...

So what? Saying a person got banned is against TOS? You know what I changed what I was going to say you all are just the same on here, you believe in something and it is right no matter what reality is. Whatever! I'm done with SMU stuff I said what I needed to say and it's done people keep flocking to the school in the hundreds anyway who really pays attention to a bunch of Medstudents and Premeds argue over this stuff anyway, its just silly.

Lets all get back to studying to get in Medschool and Get out of Medschool and just hang it up every school has problems, every school.
This is going no where and just going to go into a stupid war over nothing.

You know I am a student at SMU, and you implied on valuemcrap that I was not to discredit my comments. I am a 4th semester at SMU. My name is Stefan. I do not hide who I am, only those who have something to hide do this. This site required me to hide my name. I tried to avoid it as well as I could. My new name is effective. Everyone knows exactly who I am, and that is just the way I want it. I go to SMU, and it sucks. You come on here from valumcrap threatening us with valuemcrap people are watching this website. What are you or the administration going to do to me. Here I am. My name is out in the open. I am calling SMU garbage in public. Do something SMU. Kick me out. Threaten me. Do whatever you want. There is no stopping what I am going to say. No one threatens me directly or subtly. I know what you folks are trying to do by coming on here from valuemcrap. I said it before, if this is another valuemcrap site, good for you. You think I am going to run and hide. Run and tell SMU all about me. Go ahead. I will not back down from what I say on here. It is the truth, and you can take that straight to the bank, with or without a grain of salt. I cannot wait to leave. Yes, I was in favor of it when I started, even though the adminsitration threatend me not to post. Screw SMU, and the administration that said that. Screw the president of that school. Who is that clown to tell me what to say on a public forum. I will say it to him directly anytime. I got banned from valuemcrap so I could not say how I feel now. Funny how that happened. Well, if this is a public forum, there is no shutting me up now!!!

I posted how much I liked SMU when I was a first semester student, and that was a year ago. I changed my posts about SMU about 8 months or so ago, not a couple of months ago. Why didn't you post the date of the post you quoted me on. We know why, because everyone will see it was dated almost a year ago. That is misleading, so you must go to SMU.

So what? Saying a person got banned is against TOS? You know what I changed what I was going to say you all are just the same on here, you believe in something and it is right no matter what reality is. Whatever! I'm done with SMU stuff I said what I needed to say and it's done people keep flocking to the school in the hundreds anyway who really pays attention to a bunch of Medstudents and Premeds argue over this stuff anyway, its just silly.

Lets all get back to studying to get in Medschool and Get out of Medschool and just hang it up every school has problems, every school.
This is going no where and just going to go into a stupid war over nothing.

You attack a school that you do not attend, you attack me on a public forum, and you thought I wasn't going to say anything once I found out? Dude you need a reality check.

Learn to pick your battles. You made comments about me, which I believe was unfair especially KNOWING where you came from! You continue to spew lies and deciet, you don't change your ways. You hurt a lot of people and hopefully your conscious is tormenting you. People on this forum may not know where you came from but I sure have a clue.

SMU has quite a few things over SJSSM (sp??) and AUA for that matter. SMU has been approved by Florida and New York. Our clinical sites are SUPERIOR to the ones from both schools (with AUA admittingly catching up).

You know I am a student at SMU, and you implied on valuemcrap that I was not to discredit my comments. I am a 4th semester at SMU. My name is Stefan. I do not hide who I am, only those who have something to hide do this. This site required me to hide my name. I tried to avoid it as well as I could. My new name is effective. Everyone knows exactly who I am, and that is just the way I want it. I go to SMU, and it sucks. You come on here from valumcrap threatening us with valuemcrap people are watching this website. What are you or the administration going to do to me. Here I am. My name is out in the open. I am calling SMU garbage in public. Do something SMU. Kick me out. Threaten me. Do whatever you want. There is no stopping what I am going to say. No one threatens me directly or subtly. I know what you folks are trying to do by coming on here from valuemcrap. I said it before, if this is another valuemcrap site, good for you. You think I am going to run and hide. Run and tell SMU all about me. Go ahead. I will not back down from what I say on here. It is the truth, and you can take that straight to the bank, with or without a grain of salt. I cannot wait to leave. Yes, I was in favor of it when I started, even though the adminsitration threatend me not to post. Screw SMU, and the administration that said that. Screw the president of that school. Who is that clown to tell me what to say on a public forum. I will say it to him directly anytime. I got banned from valuemcrap so I could not say how I feel now. Funny how that happened. Well, if this is a public forum, there is no shutting me up now!!!

You were free to give your opinion about the school on VMD as long as you followed the rules. You know exactly what happened...Go ahead and bash the school all you want. You are entitled to your opinion. Heck I agree with you on certain issues, just make sure you are fair in your posts.

I was in your shoes before while at Ross...What did I do? I transfered out since I was unhappy there. I really, really disliked Ross. Did you see me bash the school all the time? No but if that is your perogative, okay blast away. Maybe you should focus your energies on getting out of SMU sooner and making sure you pass all your classes so that they can all transfer to your new school.

Finally, I doubt the school will close down after a few years especially with the influx of students. Seeing more and more SMU students in clinicals (meaning they are passing their step 1 exams), and seeing the clinical sites improving. Heck we have 7-8 clinical centers where students can do all their cores in. More ACGME sites have been added. MCAT is now required.

Call me a cheerleader, rah, rah. A lot of negativity on this thread, I'll just be the counterweight.:smuggrin:

You attack a school that you do not attend, you attack me on a public forum, and you think I wasn't going to say anything once I found out? Dude you need a reality check.

SMU has quite a few things over SJSSM (sp??) and AUA for that matter. SMU has been approved by Florida and New York. Our clinical sites are SUPERIOR to the ones from both schools (with AUA admittingly catching up).

Finally, you seriously need to deal with your short temper. Learn to pick your battles. You made comments about me, which I believe was unfair especially KNOWING where you came from, you hypocrite! You continue to spew lies and deciet, you don't change your ways. You hurt a lot of people and hopefully your conscious is tormenting you.
for the last time who are you talking about? I'm a student at SJSM? I really do not understand this refrence here? Deciet? What? Cause I pointed out SMU has problems? How can that hurt?
People on this forum may not know where you came from but I sure have a clue.

DUDE you do not have a clue about anything, you keep making out I'm someone I'm not please read everypost here I'm not who you think I am I'm a moderator but at another web site Not your VMD, please you are calling the facts I post about the school an attack? read the threads about SMU here, it was others who told me after I thought SMU was a good school, that Texas put the school on the unapproved list on the Texas site, thats not an attack thats a fact, have you closed threads on the SMU forum when the Professors were talked about? Is that a lie? please do not say it is cause I was reading the closed post from this past week. Why close a post that deals with problems so quickly, yes I question a school that is for profit, the school I go to is not, it is nonprofit, if a student fails they pay nothing more for the repeat, I find that a good aspect, AUA is NY approved how do you know the clinicals are superior? DO you attend the other schools as well? It's just a boast and cheerleading, it causes harm to cheerlead and get students to go to the school you attend dont you think? Don't you think you should allow the truth? I do. I do not tell anybody to go to SJSM just answer a question or two, they make up their own mind, I always have and always will recommend the Big 4 you should too. GO ahead I'll admit any mistakes but I know who I am and now we know for sure your the VMD moderator. GO back there please.:scared:

BTW I choose OLDPRO cause I had it at the other website as OLD PROFESSIONAL I'm a nontrad. :smuggrin:

By the way there is a TOS be careful of what you post, threats are not taken lightly.

You guys act like a bunch of kids. You are future doctor, i think you should be a role model. Grow up people. This is a public forum, many people spit whatever that come from their mouth.

You guys act like a bunch of kids. You are future doctor, i think you should be a role model. Grow up people. This is a public forum, many people spit whatever that come from their mouth.

they are kids

A person goes and attacks on another person and that person responds. That is all what is happening here. Oldpro goes on to make accusations about others when his record is not clean. Come on now we know who you are. Your responses to my posts are the same as the ones in VMD. Your style of being extremely argumentative is not easily mistaken. :laugh:

Just like everyone else I have a right to spew my thoughts, especially when people with hidden agendas come out here attacking me.

Ok, there is clearly a miscommunication here. I have no problem with Junito. He is a friend of a very good friend of mine onesolo. Onesolo likes him very much, and he has said that Junito has done a great deal for a lot of folks. I certainly respect that. I think you may have me mistaken for someone else who attacked you. I went to st james and xavier in jan of 2005 or so. I came to SMU in August of 2005. If I attacked you at some time, please accept my apologies. I do not recall it, but if you say so, then I do apologize. My problem is with SMU. I say I hate the school, and I do. But, I do not hate the people of the school; I simply do not like them and do not trust them or SMU in any way, shape or form. I will leave. As far as SMU having this or that, and improving, I'll believe that in a few years from now if I see it. Until then, I have experienced SMU and I know what it is all about, at least in my opinion. In my opinion, they are a crooked school. The admisitration is misleading, and I do not trust anything the school has to say. I want no part of them. I will continue to let prospective students know what happened to me, so they can make thier own decision about SMU. But, I am not going to stand idley by and watch SMU mislead folks. I have a right to my opinions, and I will express them. Whether SMU likes it or not, whether SMU agrees with it or not. I do not like the fact that some people come on this forum and threaten students for expressing their experiences and opinions. That is very unfair. Even if they do not directly threaten people, they are implying it and we all know it.

Please do not be offended , but as far as being free to express my opinion on valumcrap, what a load of dung. You are wrong here. Valuemcrap made us edit any and everything they did not want to hear. The schools bought valuemcrap and valumcrap protected the schools with their "rules." There is no freedom of expression on that site, and you know it. We all know it. Now, this is not a personal attack against you, we simply disagree on this point.

A person goes and attacks on another person and that person responds. That is all what is happening here. Oldpro goes on to make accusations about others when his record is not clean. Come on now we know who you are. Your responses to my posts are the same as the ones in VMD. Your style of being extremely argumentative is not easily mistaken. :laugh:

Just like everyone else I have a right to spew my thoughts, especially when people with hidden agendas come out here attacking me.

Look I edited my posts about you, but i never named you, it said "the Mod for SMU forum" ANd you take things way to personal, It's SMU i have reservations about not you personally, I have not participated on this forum since early this year to have any one agenda, but you signed in to attack me personally here it is clear, in 24 hours you have accused me of being someone else because I do not like SMU. If thats not an agenda then what is.

the facts here:

1. I started Medical school in Jan 2006 at SJSM

2. I still do not know why you feel so compelled to come here and go on the attack.

3. I really do not care about SMU in the least I have my own studies to worry about.

4. If I have made anything up or posted something not true then prove it please or stop trying to hijack the thread.

5. Students that attend the school are not the sole owners to rights to discuss the school.

As far as SMU it is Listed and Chartered and the ACCM accredited it these things are facts but there are several things it needs before it can rank with a school like SGU:

1. California approval
2. Comprehensive list of fully Licensed Graduates
3. Approved for licensure in all 50 states

Until then this school is not the "5th" Caribbean school.

To blindly defend a school that does not meet all the standards yet is just not right.

Stop posting I'm someone I'm not It's just crazy.:luck:

well at least gives US med students and osteopaths reason to feel good about themselves.

well at least gives US med students and osteopaths reason to feel good about themselves.

VMD LIKES TO BAN PEOPLE FOR NO GOOD REASON,,,I HOPE THEY LOSE MEMBERS IN FACT I DO KNOW A FEW PEOPLE STARTING UP A NEW SITE
AS WELL AND IT WILL CRUSH VMD ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE BANNING FOR NO GOOD REASON

Ok, there is clearly a miscommunication here. I have no problem with Junito. He is a friend of a very good friend of mine onesolo. Onesolo likes him very much, and he has said that Junito has done a great deal for a lot of folks. I certainly respect that. I think you may have me mistaken for someone else who attacked you. I went to st james and xavier in jan of 2005 or so. I came to SMU in August of 2005. If I attacked you at some time, please accept my apologies. I do not recall it, but if you say so, then I do apologize. My problem is with SMU. I say I hate the school, and I do. But, I do not hate the people of the school; I simply do not like them and do not trust them or SMU in any way, shape or form. I will leave. As far as SMU having this or that, and improving, I'll believe that in a few years from now if I see it. Until then, I have experienced SMU and I know what it is all about, at least in my opinion. In my opinion, they are a crooked school. The admisitration is misleading, and I do not trust anything the school has to say. I want no part of them. I will continue to let prospective students know what happened to me, so they can make thier own decision about SMU. But, I am not going to stand idley by and watch SMU mislead folks. I have a right to my opinions, and I will express them. Whether SMU likes it or not, whether SMU agrees with it or not. I do not like the fact that some people come on this forum and threaten students for expressing their experiences and opinions. That is very unfair. Even if they do not directly threaten people, they are implying it and we all know it.

Please do not be offended , but as far as being free to express my opinion on valumcrap, what a load of dung. You are wrong here. Valuemcrap made us edit any and everything they did not want to hear. The schools bought valuemcrap and valumcrap protected the schools with their "rules." There is no freedom of expression on that site, and you know it. We all know it. Now, this is not a personal attack against you, we simply disagree on this point.

YOU KEEP SAYING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER BUT YOU DO NOT LIST YOUR GRIPE WITH SMU BUT WE ARE READY TO LISTEN TO YOU

OK SO LET IT RIP THEN,,,AND IT BETTER BE GOOD AND TRUTHFUL OTHERWISE YOU LL BE HEARING OUR MOUTH

SBTurner I don't have a problem with you. My problem was with an individual who made a claim that I was abusing my role as a moderator on the SMU forum on VMD for the benefit of the school. You were just mentioned that's all. We can agree to disagree.

VMD has its set of rules and we strictly enforce them. I'm glad you have found a medium to vent your frustrations and hope that the admin will heed all your valid complaints. You have a right to talk about the school since you are currently enrolled there. I'm not saying others can't but I can go on to say "hey I know 30 St. James students who all say that the school sucks". But in the end it seems shady. I question the intentions of those who bash a school that they never attended. How can they talk about experiences that they never had? All I know they can be lying about what they "hear".

Heck you off all people can even make a better comparison between St. James and St. Matthews since you attended both. I just question people's intentions who never attended a school and seem bent on putting it down, especially when they have a history. So tell me SBTurner, which of the two school's are better in your opinion: St. Matthew's or St. James? Just curious.

Concerning SMU, I can understand your frustrations, believe me I do. I'm not going to say you are wrong in some of the things you posted about...I'm walking a thin line here...but it seems from my experience that most Carib students have one thing or another to complain about their school. In clinicals we all complain about our schools. The students from MUA, SMU, Ross, AUC, Hope, and even NYCOM all have similar complaints. We just want to graduate so that we don't have to deal with the nonsense.

Look I edited my posts about you, but i never named you, it said "the Mod for SMU forum" ANd you take things way to personal, It's SMU i have reservations about not you personally, I have not participated on this forum since early this year to have any one agenda, but you signed in to attack me personally here it is clear, in 24 hours you have accused me of being someone else because I do not like SMU. If thats not an agenda then what is.

the facts here:

1. I started Medical school in Jan 2006 at SJSM

2. I still do not know why you feel so compelled to come here and go on the attack.

3. I really do not care about SMU in the least I have my own studies to worry about.

4. If I have made anything up or posted something not true then prove it please or stop trying to hijack the thread.

5. Students that attend the school are not the sole owners to rights to discuss the school.

As far as SMU it is Listed and Chartered and the ACCM accredited it these things are facts but there are several things it needs before it can rank with a school like SGU:

1. California approval
2. Comprehensive list of fully Licensed Graduates
3. Approved for licensure in all 50 states

Until then this school is not the "5th" Caribbean school.

To blindly defend a school that does not meet all the standards yet is just not right.

Stop posting I'm someone I'm not It's just crazy.:luck:

I find your post hypocritical especially when the school you attend does not also meet the same criteria. I'm not blindly defending the school, just pointing out that some of the people on this thread are not coming clean. You never attended SMU and base your opinions about the school from the opinions of others. How do we know you are being honest? I'm challenging what you post on this thread. It is called blocking.

You posted the information on this thread about the SMU moderator and changed it after I took exception to your posts. This is not the first time you and I have an exchange on the matter, which you seem to always start. I know who you are from valuemd, remember:

Hi I'm in the Jan 06 4yr MD class. Wondering if anyone else that reads here is going too.
http://www.valuemd.com/st-james-medical-school/61947-jan-06-a.html#post322648

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christoph...gmc-change-status-st-chris-39.html#post338861

By the way I don't deny being the moderator of the SMU forum on VMD.

I find your post hypocritical especially when the school you attend does not also meet the same criteria. I'm not blindly defending the school, just pointing out that some of the people on this thread are not coming clean. You never attended SMU and base your opinions about the school from the opinions of others. How do we know you are being honest? I'm challenging what you post on this thread. It is called blocking.

You posted the information on this thread about the SMU moderator and changed it after I took exception to your posts. This is not the first time you and I have an exchange on the matter, which you seem to always start. I know who you are from valuemd, remember:

http://www.valuemd.com/st-james-medical-school/61947-jan-06-a.html#post322648

http://www.valuemd.com/st-christoph...gmc-change-status-st-chris-39.html#post338861

By the way I don't deny being the moderator of the SMU forum on VMD.

WOW you whine and pitch a fit and some one gives in and then you whine some more.

So you didn't close this thread with a good question?

http://www.valuemd.com/st-matthews-university-school-medicine/124217-grace-university.html

And then close this thread?

http://www.valuemd.com/st-matthews-university-school-medicine/124096-step-1-diary.html

And then this one?

http://www.valuemd.com/st-matthews-university-school-medicine/120836-dr-b-path-ii.html

These three I see no problem in? all in 30 days, there are more closed threads but these I couldn't see major problem in. You want to go around throwing stones better look at yourself first.

Do not try to make a case I'm a St. Chris student? Maybe you were at one time? You certainly act like one on the internet? I have never ever posted that SJSM is the "5th" caribbean school, nor that the school is as good as SGU or the other three. I did read a post by you here that you said you went from one of the best Caribbean schools, ROSS to SMU guess you regret it huh?
I have posted the realistic standards for any Caribbean school to live up to, I never said the the school I go to does. I guess you may have missed that? Please I'm happy you are happy with a school that states have taken the time to evaluate and then put on a UNAPPROVED list but the readers should be told the truth here by responsible medical students not the MUD you want to sling to hide these facts. When I wasted my time and read the Old St. Chris threads on VMD you pointed out this seems to be the normal way many of you post, attack and throw MUD. Good Job.

You are just trying to link me to this other person, Bait me and discredit me,
All because I do not like SMU. I think its very scary you are trying to do this It's my fault for picking an ID that is so unique? OLDPRO? when you yours is so common? WOW I guess next you will be saying I'm STEPHEW too?

Good Luck your record is on VMD since you do not hide that fact.
Please stop throwing mud it is unbecoming, I read the those links and still see no point? It's not me and you should consider that if you keep this pursuit up that maybe it is a thread on VMD you would have closed a long time ago, hence you are violating your own rules Moderator. Personal vendettas do not come over so well to readers.

( CAN anyone say troll?)

(BTW even if I was this person, there are more than 2 students here at the school, and what does this have to do with posting OPINION about SMU? Nothing! Opinion about a Moderator's action, Nothing, Found Facts about a school, Nothing. It just doesn't make SMU look good. and thats why this person is upset, SMU has problems, well all schools do, and I'm not posting my credentials on SDN the Admin here have told me not to in PM's I would think a Moderator would know better than to act this way)

Not me please stop the accusations, I never posted such things you have. Also I see it crazy you say a student has anything to do with dishonest owner of a school? Thats crazy? This Mod you talked about as far as I know, was a student and paid tuition and was a volunteer for VMD or are you saying the Mods on Value MD are Paid? Are you paid to tell people to go to SMU? WOW

Attending a school does not do anything but make the person BIAS, you believe everything the ADMIN tells you from a for profit school? Seems the St. Chris people did and you throw stones at that. Seems hypocritical to me.

Good, I'm glad you can admit the school does not hold up to the standards of the the BIG 4, NY and Florida are a start but there are several states that list the school as Unapproved thats not good it needs to be worked on.

BTW a good steak meal satisfies me too, glad yu are satisfied with SMU thats one opinion.

I do not expect you to put down a school you have spent way over 100k to go to as much as you would expect me to do the same, we both need our schools to operate so we can finish, the difference is I'm more than willing to discuss the weakness of my school and the strengths, you just seem to want to defend and mud sling to those who see the problems, from what you have told us you learned from seeing this technique from others good job.:eek:

And as SMU turns continues.........................................

He who lives in a glass house should not throw rocks...

JUNITO I HAVE NO BEEF WITH YOU BUT YOU SEEM VERY
SHALLOW AND YOUNG WITH NO LIFE EXPERIENCES..YOU MAKE A FEEBLE ATTEMPT TO SHOW YOU RE INTELLIGENT AND MATURE BUT AT TIMES YOU ARE NOT. YOU HAVE TIME ON YOUR SIDE NOW SO USE IT WELL AND GROW UP
YOUR TACTICS ARE WEAK SO RELAX AND GO STUDY YOUR VMD SITE DOES BLOW THOUGH

No, I agree with you completely Junito. And, I certainly agree with what you post. I'm sorry about the confusion, certainly partly my fault, so again I apologize. I completely understand you had a job to do, and you did it the best you could on valumcrap; I certainly respect that. No hard feelings. I think a lot of your posts are right on the money. As far as SMU and sj, I would highly discourage any student from either, but that is just my opinion. I do not and have never trusted the owners (or president of SMU) of either school. I just feel you should be good to people first, then make a buck. If you treat people well, the money will come. sj owner is just a complete crook as far as I am concerned, and making his "school" non-profit is a joke to me. I think he is a disgrace to medicine, and I am ashamed to say I ever went there. Again no offense to the students who go there; the students are usually good people who just get taken advantage of. The owner and president of SMU just do not have the character I am looking for. They hosted a banquet dinner by the pool at the residence halls the first night after orientation. There must have been 100 students and some of the parents there that night. The owner and pres came out after others had started eating, stood in line for a short spell, got there food and literally walked right back inside the residence halls. I watched them. Then I went to the same function the next 2 semesters and they did the exact same thing. Now, these students and their parents come all the way down from the US, and that is the courtesy they are extended. That is deplorable in my opinion. After that, I lost all respect for both of them. There are other things as well with the school, but I am not going to list them now. Perhaps later. You own a medical school, then take care of your people. Lead by example, with class and dignity. I hate both schools to be honest, and I will never have anything to do with either ever again once I leave. This again is just my opinion. The only reason I post it is for the sake of future students. I want them to know I went to both schools and Xavier, and I hated all three of them. So, before they leave the US, they should look deeply into all of these schools, so they don't experience what I did. It is our responsibility to tell prospective students what our experiences are, so they can make their own minds up as to what to do. I am not and will not tell someone else what to do, I am just sharing my opinion and experiences. Others may not want to share because they fear retribution; I will take that chance because others have warned me, at leat somewhat. Unfortunately, I did not listen to some of the warnings. Maybe you prospective students won't listen to me, but you have been warned. Be careful when you choose a caribbean med school, be very careful. These are not US schools, and a lot of the owners have NO character as far as I am concerned. Best wishes!:)

No, I agree with you completely Junito. And, I certainly agree with what you post. I'm sorry about the confusion, certainly partly my fault, so again I apologize. I completely understand you had a job to do, and you did it the best you could on valumcrap; I certainly respect that. No hard feelings. I think a lot of your posts are right on the money. As far as SMU and sj, I would highly discourage any student from either, but that is just my opinion. I do not and have never trusted the owners (or president of SMU) of either school. I just feel you should be good to people first, then make a buck. If you treat people well, the money will come. sj owner is just a complete crook as far as I am concerned, and making his "school" non-profit is a joke to me. I think he is a disgrace to medicine, and I am ashamed to say I ever went there. Again no offense to the students who go there; the students are usually good people who just get taken advantage of. The owner and president of SMU just do not have the character I am looking for. They hosted a banquet dinner by the pool at the residence halls the first night after orientation. There must have been 100 students and some of the parents there that night. The owner and pres came out after others had started eating, stood in line for a short spell, got there food and literally walked right back inside the residence halls. I watched them. Then I went to the same function the next 2 semesters and they did the exact same thing. Now, these students and their parents come all the way down from the US, and that is the courtesy they are extended. That is deplorable in my opinion. After that, I lost all respect for both of them. There are other things as well with the school, but I am not going to list them now. Perhaps later. You own a medical school, then take care of your people. Lead by example, with class and dignity. I hate both schools to be honest, and I will never have anything to do with either ever again once I leave. This again is just my opinion. The only reason I post it is for the sake of future students. I want them to know I went to both schools and Xavier, and I hated all three of them. So, before they leave the US, they should look deeply into all of these schools, so they don't experience what I did. It is our responsibility to tell prospective students what our experiences are, so they can make their own minds up as to what to do. I am not and will not tell someone else what to do, I am just sharing my opinion and experiences. Others may not want to share because they fear retribution; I will take that chance because others have warned me, at leat somewhat. Unfortunately, I did not listen to some of the warnings. Maybe you prospective students won't listen to me, but you have been warned. Be careful when you choose a caribbean med school, be very careful. These are not US schools, and a lot of the owners have NO character as far as I am concerned. Best wishes!:)

IT MAY BE ME BUT IS THIS GUY JUST YAPPING AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT? NOT QUITE SURE ABOUT THE BEEF HE HAS WITH SJ AND SMU BUT AT THIS POINT WITH OVER 100 POSTS HE MADE ALREADY WITHOUT SAYING MUCH I FIND HIS CREDIBILITY NONEXISTENT.

IT MAY BE ME BUT IS THIS GUY JUST YAPPING AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT? NOT QUITE SURE ABOUT THE BEEF HE HAS WITH SJ AND SMU BUT AT THIS POINT WITH OVER 100 POSTS HE MADE ALREADY WITHOUT SAYING MUCH I FIND HIS CREDIBILITY NONEXISTENT.

I did not find the problems he did with SJ, in my experience? The current professors, most of them where not here when He was so I cannot speak for that, the thing he most upset about is the 25 mile transfer clause, it cost money and time to get students to Bonaire and through immigration, so the school cannot afford to do all the work just to have another school take the students with promises of a better school ect... what ever technique they use to get the students to "Jump Ship" there is a culture shock when you come to a 2nd world country and many students are Jumpy, so I have seen.:confused:

And I will admit here SJ is not a nice looking place, it turns some people off right away, I don't care about the looks just that I'm taught well and do well, but to some it matters. ( if this keeps up everyone will go to sleep, no drama LOL)

There is something wrong.... What will you tell the director programs when it come time for Residency because you already attended 3 medschools....

I will tell them the truth. I tried sj and xavier, and they were no good for me. The owner of sj is a con artist in my opinion, and the classes at xavier were unfair in my opinion. I do not trust or like the owner or president of SMU, and I do not trust or respect the school. What else is there to say? I have made my decision, and I always stand by my decision. If others agree, great. If others do not agree, I'm sorry to hear that. But, I will continue towards my goal of becoming the greatest cardiac surgeon to ever live. Now, if others do not want to help me, no problem, but they are not going to get in my way. I control my destiny, and I will continue my ascent through the medical field. There is no stopping that!:)

I was browising on the web and there it goes I come across this school St. Mathews University School of Medicine. By far this is one of the most intriguing Carrib. Med School that I have seen. Does anybody know anything about it like is it fully accredited in the U.S.?

Thanks,
Maybe by now the smoke has cleared. Do you have any specific questions?

if youre talking to MDstudent...he is banned.
haha - thanks. actually, if there is anyone who has questions about smu, let me know. the school is far from a scam. Sure there are things that could be improved, but...

I was just accepted to SMU yesterday, and I was kind of excited. 1st choice carrib school, do what I have to do and graduate. Now, after all of the stuff said Im really REALLY nervous about this! Someone please give me advise...Is SMU really deceptive like that. I just keep thinking my interview was great...the website is great...very professional people....got back to me quick...I liked it. So now what? HELP PLEASE!!!!

Congrats on your acceptance.

I never been to SMU.

They lack licensure in California and states that follow California.

The best thing to do in regards to licensure, call up your states licensing authority.

In my personal opinion I would only consider these schools.
-SGU
-ROSS
-AUC
-SMU
-Saba
(just my opinion)

Im really REALLY nervous about this!.

Specifically about what? Everything on the thread?

What made SMU your first choice?

I was at SMU for 4 semesters, and I tried to leave after my first semester. You conscience is screaming at you, and I think you should listen to it. I would never go to SMU again; I would not even consider it. I highly recommend you go elsewhere. What about Ross, AUC, SGU or Saba? Then maybe MUA or Sint Eustatius. Look into SMU's history. Look at how long they have been in business and how few graduates they have, have few residents they have and how few doctors they have practicing. They got rejected by California after they tried their best to get it. I mean think about it. They tried to get California, and we must assume they gave it their best effort, and they still failed. Then they turned around and blamed California, yet never openly disclosed the details, someone else disclosed the details, and that was the State of California. SMU looked to sue CA, but they do not say this openly. I overheard the president say something to the effect "we looked into our legal options" when talking about the CA issue one time. I heard him say that, but I cannot remember what he said verbatim, as it was a while back. He did say something very very similar to what I just quoted. Now, to me, that is not being straightforward. He should have been open and forthright to that student. If you are suing CA, then say it. If you are not, then tell the students that. They have mislead so many students in my opinion, by not disclosing all of the details. Even when I was in Maine, the head doctor of the Maine program, with a few others, held a group meeting for students, and a few times I would hear students add little bits n pieces to fill in conversational gaps, and the doctor in charge would subtly acknowledge or comment on words that caught his attention, yet he would do it under his breath where only a few would catch it. I know it happened, yet folks who were not even there will come on here and tell you what I say is not true. It is ridiculous. I know what was siad and implied because I saw it with my owns eyes and heard it with my own ears. Now, folks will come on here and say I am lying, or exaggerating, or I am putting the school down and ban me again. But, go ahead, I was there, and I know what was said and implied. I left the school for a good reason: I do not trust them. I am telling you and all prospective students my situation, so you do not have to experience what I did. I am supposed to tell prospective students my experiences, feelings and opinions. That is our responsibility to our in coming students. We should share what we see and believe. I am doing just that. If you want to ban me for it go ahead. Sooner or later the truth is going to come out. This is typical of SMU in my opinion; they only tell you their side. They never seem to tell the whole story in my opinion. I never trusted the owner, president or higher administration of that school. Why did they leave and go to Grand Cayman? That story is lost. We only hear about SMU's version of it when we are at SMU. We have never heard the version of the hosting country. I forget what country it was. But, they left. This is another sign of failure. You better do some research. I know I wish I had. Also, look at their residency posting for 2006. Why was it that all of the credible schools listed their matches within a month of the match listing? Yet, SMU just recently disclosed their 2006 residency match list. It has been 8 months since the 2006 match list came out, right? Didn't the 2006 match list come out in late March? All of the other schools found a way to post exactly who got what, when and where with no problem. Yet, SMU just said a month or so ago that they did not want to disclose personal info, or something to that effect. Bull. Now, SMU will do typical SMU stuff and come on here and say "they never said that" etc. What am I supposed to do, make a copy of every post SMU makes or their officials make. It is ridiculous. They said something to that effect time and time again after so many students complained about it. They stood by that view for the longest, until just recently. It was just recently, months after the other schools, that SMU finally put up their 2006 match list. So, think about this. Why? Why was it that they said for sooo long they did not want to reveal persoanl info, yet now they are doing it. There is no way out of this corner. They are decieving people. Think about it. First, they will not post it because of a privacy issue. Then, after months of complaining, they are posting it. They are now violating the rights of those precious folks they said they were not going to violate. You can not get around it. Either, they are turning on the privacy of their students, or they were not competent enough to find a way to post the match at the appropriate time. Or, better yet, they were competent, and chose not to do it. Which would have been even worse, because that is admitting they were misleading folks in the first place. No matter how you look at this, SMU is wrong. Once again, SMU is wrong. It seems like SMU fails again and again. They have a track record for failing if you ask me. And, rightfully so. Think about it. Most people who fail are deceptive because they were never competent to begin with, then they look for an out when someone catches them. Look at it for yourself.

I visited SMU awhile back. I was vacationing in Grand Cayman (really a beautiful island, I've been there many times) and I thought it would be great to live on the beach there while I went to medical school. I changed my mind after visiting the school...nothing like med school in the states from what I can tell. I don't know how it compares to other caribbean programs...

Grand Cayman, though, is a great place, one of my favorite places in the world. My advice is to certainly visit before you decide to go...I don't know if that it a required part of admissions

I ALSO DOUBT YOU EVEN MET THE SMU PRESIDENT WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM GO STUDY AND CHILL NO ONE BELIEVES YOU ANYWAYS

......You conscience is screaming at you, and I think you should listen to it...... What about Ross, AUC, SGU or Saba? Then maybe MUA or Sint Eustatius. Look into SMU's history. Look at how long they have been in business and how few graduates they have, have few residents they have and how few doctors they have practicing......

For a school that has been in existence for approximately 10 years, they have exactly the amount of practicing physicians and residents that would be expected. I wont go into the logistics and technicalities of it all, but if anyone is interested, just do the math and you will realize that 2 + 2 = 4. Also remember that some students who were members of the 1st SMU class would have completed their residencies within the last 2 years or so.

Anyway, I know SBturn personally, and although his instability and lack of credibility is blatantly obvious, his voice and opinion on SDN can easily deceive many who are not yet familiar with his shady and at best sketchy history.

This student, if it is even fair to describe him as such, has failed out of 3 Caribbean medical schools, including SMU. Obviously any problems with the school or administration should not deter this self-proclaimed genius and future #1 cardiac surgeon :laugh: from completing his basic sciences, at the very least within the time alloted (you have been wasting people's time and money for 3 years now).

Furthermore, our resident genius claims that he has voluntarily left each of the 3 schools, because they simply did not live up to his superior standards. But it is ironic, if not a self-revealing prophecy, that a man aspiring to revolutionize the world of medicine, would begin his career by demonstrating such extreme mediocrity and incredibly poor judgment.

Therefore, be very weary of what this man is telling you, especially when he's quoting excerpts of conversations and events that he swears actually happened :rolleyes:

By the way SB, I said it before and i'll say it again. What do you think the "conscience" of schools that rejected you was telling them?

You can only imagine how loud the AUA "conscience" was screaming

First of all, no one at SMU knows me personally. I met and like a few of the SMU students very much. But, no one has known me for more than 1 year, so they do not know me personally. My friends at SMU do know me fairly well, and I like them very much. But, again, even they do not know me personally. There is no way they would know if I flunked out of any school. I left St. James voluntarily after 3 weeks. It was a bad school. I had the second highest scores out of a class of 17 students; I never flunked out. Then I voluntarily left Xavier after 3 weeks; again, it was a bad school. I did not flunk out. I then voluntarily left SMU after 4 semesters. It is a bad school. I transferred to a better school, Sint Eustatius. I never flunked out of SMU. I passed all of my classes for the first three semesters. I dropped 2 classes in the fourth semester (path and pharm), failed genetics and got a B in PD 4. Those are my grades; I have them in black and white. I would have to fail many more classes at SMU to "flunk out." They are trying to discredit me, plain and simple. My opinion stands, and you can research the facts for yourself. If you want to go to SMU, that is your choice. As far as students getting residency and practicing, I do not know the statistics. I am not privy to them, and SMU seems to only reveal what they want. I do not trust them and what they say, so I could care less what they reveal. If you trust them, that is up to you. I told you my opinon and my experience. I hope you will trust me, but if you chose not to, there is nothing I can say. I would not lie to you, and I do wish you the very best. I am sure you are going to do well, and I am really pulling for you. I wish you the very best. That is why I responded. Please think about other schools like Ross, AUC, Saba, SGU, or even MUA, and perhaps even Sint Eustatius. Best wishes to you. I'm sure you are going to be a great doctor.