TPR Hyperlearning Biology -- content update/overhaul?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docelh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thoroughly searched SDN to see if this question was answered before, but it hasn't been. SN2ed posted something about which Berkeley Review books were obsolete.

I noticed that many have commented Hyperlearning Bio is too detailed, 650+ pages. In 2008, it got expanded to 800+ pages.

What content accounted for the increase in +150 pages? Does this make pre-2008 Hyperlearning Bio obsolete?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I thoroughly searched SDN to see if this question was answered before, but it hasn't been. SN2ed posted something about which Berkeley Review books were obsolete.

I noticed that many have commented Hyperlearning Bio is too detailed, 650+ pages. In 2008, it got expanded to 800+ pages.

What content accounted for the increase in +150 pages? Does this make pre-2008 Hyperlearning Bio obsolete?

Thanks.

Each chapter is about 50 pages long, whereas in EK its about 20 pages long. I have both books but I like the TPR explanations much better. If you have less time and have a solid background in biology, then EK is a better option.

TPR is the way to go! It explains topics very well vs. EK which is sort of a list of stuff you have to memorize. Start with TPR and then use EK as a summary or review.

Does anyone know if we should focus on prokaryotic transcription? EK explains the eukaryotic transcription but there are like 5-7 pages just on prok. transcription in TPR. Should I focus on the eukaryotic transcription?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks.

don't complicate. Use any content review. Do lots of passages/FLs.

Some people who scored a 40 used the Kaplan Premiere program Which is probably 600 pages of content... but for bio, ochem, chem, physics, verbal. So it is about 1/6 as long.

Just use something. Learning why it is longer will take you more time than just reading the extra pages.

My thread got hijacked. Appreciate the responses, but my original question is about what specific content changes happened in TPR Biological Review after 2008.

I don't have a post-2008 set and a pre-2008 set. I don't know how to answer your question. You are asking where the extra 150+ pages came from and I have no clue. You can perhaps calls TPR and inquire with them. Unless you ask an easy question that everyone knows the answer to, then the chances are you might not attract the attention of someone who knows the answer to your original question. The probability that someone who knows the answer to your original question is really quite low.

I don't think there have been any content changes because the TPR review books follow the MCAT content right? Why would TPR only cover a partial list of mcat topics pre-2008 then suddenly finish covering all topics? I imagine that the extra 150 pages just come from improved detail rather than adding more content. If you do find out outside of SDN, please update the thread because I am curious as well.

Good luck :luck: