Countdown to the Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroSync

Every day is a good day
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Number8.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

mercury7monu.jpg

[This is a picture of the Mercury Monument, honoring the Friendship 7 (Mercury 6) space project which allowed the first American astronaut, John Glenn, to orbit the Earth. Glenn closely studied the effects of space travel on himself, orbited the Earth three times and re-entered the atmosphere manually. The Mercury program bore the number seven in recognition of the seven men who were chosen to become the first American astronauts. ]

Sure. I'll join in the madness:

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World -

main.php

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (from left to right, top to bottom): Great Pyramid of Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Temple of Artemis, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Mausoleum of Maussollos, Colossus of Rhodes and the Lighthouse of Alexandria as depicted by 16th-century Dutch artist Marten Heemskerk

Members don't see this ad :)

More Flags, More Fun!

I have been trying to come up with something clever. I thought about this one, but you beat me to it! Still searching...

OK, this is a stretch...

eni_fox.jpg

The six-legged dog is the Italian energy company (Eni) symbol. It is the product of a 1952 competition to come up with a new and easily recognizable symbol. The official interpretation, given by the Eni Press Office in the 50s, is that the six legs of this imaginary animal was the sum of a car's four wheels and the two legs of its driver. A kind of modern centaur and an assurance that this mode of transport would reach its best performance through a symbiosis between man and machine.

An interesting parallel can be made in African mythology, in which animals with more than the normal number of legs signify uncommon strength. In Tanzania and Kenya you can sometimes see lions and leopards with six legs among the carved wooden statuettes of Makonde art. In Nigeria, animals with more than the ordinary number of legs represent supernatural power.

I CHALLENGE anyone to come up with something more random. :D

lol
You guys are good. :)

263466872_f846ab9b40.jpg

200511621366965.gif

Five bats is the representation of five blessings from heaven: longevity, wealth, health, love and a natural death at a ripe age. Five bats represent the yang symbol of prosperity. It would bring us extreme happiness and a peaceful life with few problems. Together with the symbol of longevity in the center, it is an auspicious emblem of prosperity, happiness and longevity.

In ancient China, the bats have been an auspicious emblem of prosperity, happiness and longevity through many centuries. The origin of this positive connotation comes from the name of the animal in chinese "pin fook" which means happiness and prosperity. In cluster of five, it would be a powerful symbol of perfection in life known as "mm fook" or "five blessings", which is what every man want to attain in life and in feng shui: longevity, prosperity, health, love and a natural death at a ripe age. During the Ching Dynasty, bats were used to be the most popular embroiderment in imperial robes for high ranking officials and the emperor to signify prosperity and excellent fortune. Together with the symbol of longevity, it signifies a long life filled with great joy and riches.

...trying to stay positive for Monday. :xf:

:)
That's a good one...

Sorry for the typos above. That's what I get for cutting and pasting!

Members don't see this ad :)
borat.jpg

High Five!

And a special version for EvoDevo:

EpicHighFive.jpg

As a distraction, everyone needs to go see "last house on the left" this week. the dad is an ER doc who jimmy-rigs a chest tube into his daughter. let's just say it involves a fire place and a household cleaning product. Good luck to everyone!

41T0ERWACFL__SL500_AA240_.jpg

As for the above post, I can see a cleaning product involved in a chest tube, but I'm very curious about the fireplace. :D

kells.jpg

Props to anyone who remember which symbol is which guy. Years of Catholic education and all I could remember was the ox. I found the most Irish version of this I could since tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day. (Did NRMP plan it so that Did I Match Day coincides with another great excuse for drinking??)

St Patrick's Day is Tuesday!

kells.jpg

Props to anyone who remember which symbol is which guy. Years of Catholic education and all I could remember was the ox. I found the most Irish version of this I could since tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day. (Did NRMP plan it so that Did I Match Day coincides with another great excuse for drinking??)

****, you're right. I fail at Irish.

keeping with the religious theme and starting the dark theme for black monday....the four horsemen of the apocalypse:

FourHorseman2.jpg

45073561.jpg

Nate's number is 4. got to make it all connect.

Last edited:
Kudos hornsfan and dpoke1 for beating me to the punch on a couple of ideas. However, in the interest of celebration this week and upcoming PPV events.....

70047409.jpg

21261456-O.jpg

I thought I'd jump in with a little "miracle" for today. Maybe this magic will give us all a little luck both today AND Thursday...

TheShot8x11.jpg

Dali's Three Sphinxes of Bikini My fav painter
salvador-dali-three-sphinxes-of-bikini.jpg

Don't forget the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

balen_hendrick_van_holy_trinity.jpg

Three_sisters.JPG

The Three Sisters (North, Middle, and South) are three volcanic peaks of the Cascade Volcanic Arc and the Cascade Range in Oregon, each of which exceed 10,000 feet (3,048 m) in elevation. They are the third, fourth, and fifth highest peaks in the state of Oregon and are located in the Three Sisters Wilderness, about 15 mi (24 km) southwest from the nearest town of Sisters, Oregon. The three peaks have 15 named glaciers among them, nearly half of all the 35 named glaciers in Oregon. The Sisters were named Faith, Hope, and Charity by early settlers.

Russ_ddcover.jpg

Last edited:
Best music group ever!

Milli-Vanilli-Two-X-Two-73028.jpg

This is the best one today! The only thing I'd change is to make the beers IPAs from Laughing Dog Brewery in Sandpoint, ID. Best IPA -- ever.

This is the best one today! The only thing I'd change is to make the beers IPAs from Laughing Dog Brewery in Sandpoint, ID. Best IPA -- ever.

Haha, I'll have to try that sometime if I make my way out there. The Pliny's from Russian River in Santa Rosa, CA would give any IPA a run for their money though.

Haha, I'll have to try that sometime if I make my way out there. The Pliny's from Russian River in Santa Rosa, CA would give any IPA a run for their money though.

Yea, and Lagunitas in Petaluma is killer, too! I'm flexible on these things. :D

Yea! One day left!

BeatlesOne.jpg

379389216_17ac5f4b89.jpg

With apologies to JRR Tolkien:

One day to rule them all, one fate to find them, one day to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them [contractually-wise, of course].

matrix_neo.jpg

I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm excited to see which programs see each of us as "the One" for them. Ok, I know, bad joke, but who cares?! Match day is tomorrow!